main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sidious' fighting style

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by r8hitman, May 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Suzuki_Akira

Suzuki_Akira Jedi Master star 7

May 13, 2003
    I think that if Sidious uses insane movement, then it should be all arm movement. I don't want to see him jumping around like SW has turned into anime.

2. modest_mouse

modest_mouse Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 6, 2004
    i have always thought that sids could fly - i remember the return of the jedi game on snes that when you fought the emp. he was flying - that could be one of the new dark side powers. (btw, i am aware that because he flew in the game, doesn't mean he can fly in the movie....)

3. Darth_Times

Darth_Times Jedi Youngling

Nov 8, 2004

Those of you who bought the OT new DVD release, can clearly see Palpatine strike for briefly a second or two in the intro for Episode III: Return of Darth Vader.
    To me it looks like we're going to see an agressiveness never seen before from Palpatine/Sidious. Fast, dexterious and without any hesitation. I also believe we will see Yoda on defensive against a foe whose agression make him strong.. **your hate has made you powerful, give in to your hate etc...**

I believe Just the facts stated that Mace Windu was the one defending himself in his duel, but steadily losing ground.

Weather one is 1000 years old or not seems to be irrellevant to any forceuser.

4. r8hitman

r8hitman Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2004
    I never saw Sidious in Return of Darth Vader.

I think you might be mistaken.

5. Darth_Times

Darth_Times Jedi Youngling

Nov 8, 2004

It's in the intro sequence and it's very very quick.
    (I've checked and it's not even a second, just a glimpse)
    I saw it because i incidently paused my DVD exactly when this hooded unmistakely recognised as Sidious stroke with his lightsaber in a fashion that reminded kind of a golfer at tee...

Check again and you'll see.

6. r8hitman

Mar 30, 2004
    That's Anakin.

7. r8hitman

Mar 30, 2004
    I brought this back because I cant seem to figure out what Sidious could possibly do to kill FOUR jedi simultaneously.

What kind of fighting style could allow him to do this?

8. Megalith

Megalith Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 8, 2005
    I don't think the Emperor would look right moving at ludicrous speed. He'd end up looking like some kind of crazed animal.

Just seeing him wailing on someone with incredible force would be enough. There would be no clashing of lightsabers; his would simply knock the guy 20 ft. back into a wall.

9. r8hitman

Mar 30, 2004
    But I just dont understand what he could do to kill them all at the same time, unless they just stood there and watched him kill each other one at a time 8-}.

10. Megalith

Jan 8, 2005
    Anything can happen. We've had a dude about to fall down a chasm only to force jump 30 ft. into the air, force retrieve a lightsaber and cut a Sith in half.

Personally, I think Sidious should be fighting with his ligthsaber and using force powers simultaneously. It'd not only look ridiculously cool, but it'd be a nice showcase of how in-control he is of his own abilities.

I see the guy dueling with Mace using one hand while using the other to force push the others back or holding them with some kind of force stun.

11. Darth_Seer

Darth_Seer Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 27, 2004
    He'll probably use the force to dispense the other Jedi, and it could be anything... lightning... who knows... he might wave his hand and they'll simply cease to exist. The dark side is an incredible thing.

12. Grendel_Sith

Grendel_Sith Jedi Youngling

Dec 17, 2004
    The darkside being stronger, i don't see why it is so hard to beleive he could take on multiple jedi. Yoda and mace are specifically duels... so i would imagine palps would weed out the lesser jedi and then take on mace... and with yoda... well don't we know that's mono-e-mono ?

It's fairly obvious from the little we have seen of palps in action (quick clips of trailers) to me at least, that he is the aggressive attack attack attack attack attack laugh style that has been talked about here. Just remember, simply because he is an all out aggressive attacker doesn't mean he isn't pouring skill out his eyeballs as well. Imagine... yoda enters the room and they face off for a moment. Some kind words are exchanged and yoda ignites his saber.... palps smiles... hunches slightly and launches aross the room at yoda, igniting his saber in mid-flight and bringing it down hard at the jedi master. Yoda deftly, and with the reflexes of a jedi, flips and rolls to one side, ending on his feet and turns his head to see......
    Palps RIGHT in his face... another swing and a block that sends yoda flying. Palps stands there and laughs and yoda realizes he must be more careful and give his all... the true battle begins.

Also ... i would love to see (personally i liked yoda's fighting style. Since he is supposed to be this great warrior, i could totally see him flipping and cutting and war-crying his way through entire squads of .... whoever) yoda and palps fighting the the senate chamber ... they are seperated by some distance for a moment and palps begins to rip chunks of stone or granite out of the wall and fling them at the master, who uses the projectiles as stepping stones to close the distance with his enemy and throwing one back as he gets close to attempt to make an open spot in palps defences... of course... keeping with the aggressive style (one handed, mind you) palps slices the stone in half like butter... and smiles as yoda drops from height towards him screaming his little green battlecry.

13. Megalith

Jan 8, 2005
    I just watched the trailer again and it seems to me like that giant horizontal swing that Mace does is right after Sidious throws his lightsaber at him (the scene of Sidious scowling after that seems like he's in the middle of throwing something).

Maybe Mace successfully bats it away but Sidious hits him with force lightning while he's in the midst of doing so.

14. r8hitman

Mar 30, 2004
    Here ya go Bountyman.

(for some reason my link didnt work :confused:)

15. Darth_Arrakis

Darth_Arrakis Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 18, 2005
    I haven't heard that, but it would be cool. I really would like for Sidious or Vader to use the Force to suspend his lightsaber in the air to do the fighting for him, just like in Heir to the Empire.
    -------------------------------------------------------

Wha.....come again? It's been too long since i've read that and don't remember what happened. Wasn't that Luke caught in a trap or something?

16. Darth_Arrakis

Feb 18, 2005
    I like the quick & efficient fight style Ben R brought up. When you think about it Mace has that same style.

It is going to be very exciting to see them clash and will make a great duel.

Unfortunately, Mace has a suicidal style. Big aimless swings....no real technique.

17. Force-Keeper

Force-Keeper Jedi Master star 5

Jun 16, 2004
    Arrakis, when I posted that we all had no idea what so ever about what would take place in that fight nor that Mace would have his hand cut off. But I still believe he has that style. Until his hand is cut off he will put up a great fight almost beating Palpatine with that 'quick & efficient' style of his.

18. Darth_Arrakis

Feb 18, 2005
    Arrakis, when I posted that we all had no idea what so ever about what would take place in that fight nor that Mace would have his hand cut off. But I still believe he has that style. Until his hand is cut off he will put up a great fight almost beating Palpatine with that 'quick & efficient' style of his.
    I'm talking about his fighting style in AOTC...

If you know fighting styles, his just ain't good technique (in the real world that is but i'm willing to believe it is for the movies sake).

19. r8hitman

Mar 30, 2004
    Anybody think we'll get a sneak peek at his style tomorrow? :cool:

20. yoshifett

yoshifett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 17, 2004
    ^^^
    I hope so!!!

21. DarthLowBudget

DarthLowBudget Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 17, 2004
    Are there supposed to be any shots of Sids o Mace fighting in the trailer?

22. r8hitman

Mar 30, 2004
    I'm not sure that's why I asked you guys, I thought maybe you knew.

23. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    Palpatine has to have great skill with a lightsaber,I mean someone had to teach Darth Maul all those moves...

Personally I hope Palpatine fights dirty and uses Dark moves,and doesnt rely heavily on his saber

24. r8hitman

Mar 30, 2004
    We still havent seen any clips of his style (have we)?

Because I dont remember seeing it if it's out there. :confused:

25. Adm_Thrawn

Adm_Thrawn Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 19, 2004
    I hope it doesn't involve a lot of flips and twirls like Yoda's.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.