Sidious' fighting style

Discussion in 'Revenge of the Sith' started by r8hitman, May 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mustardlyman Jedi Knight

star 1
    Sids saber style is called girly man.
  2. SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Sid's rocked in ROTS...too bad the cover of the DVD doesn't look like this:

[image=http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/7127/rotsdvdv30ya.jpg]/>
  3. Sitara Force Ghost

star 3
    Darth Mauls fighting style did not help him? Are you sure you saw TPM?

Anyway, r8hitman has been right about quite a few things in this thread, way before the movie was release; one of the best points he made many posts ago was that he hoped Sidious vs 4 jedi would not look retarded, that they would just stand and watch him stab him.

That is exactly what happened.

Sidious vs posse sucked. It is as if no one at lucasfilms even saw that duel before putting it into the film. Agen Kolar literally stands there with saber extended, and staring off into space for almost 2 seconds, while sidious pulls saber back and stabs. Sasee tinn who is standing next to him also makes no move to interfere.

The duel with jackson was ok, nothing to write home about except for sidious's mid-air cgi leaps, which were sweet. It would have been nice to have sidious fire lightning whilst fighting with a saber, but guess only darth maul and count dooku can use the force simultaneously whilst fighting with a saber.

The yoda duel was incredible though.

Anyhow, the posse duel needs to be reedited on the dvd, extensivley so. At the very least, they could make a very simple addition, simply add in the 'force noise' (the sound effect that comes whenever a jedi uses force push, pull etc etc) at the exact moment sidious leaps from his desk; that way we can rationalize that sidious paralyzed the jedi using a powerful force technique. (force scream?)

Lastly, the lightsaber forms are not canon, so please do not use them. Nick Gillard had not nkowledg eof these so called 'forms', and they do not really make sense. (why the heck would a jedi master, who sits next to yoda on the coucil, use the DARK side while fighting?????) Feel free to discuss the 'forms' on the eu forums however.

4. SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Is a "Force Scream" canon?
  5. Sitara Force Ghost

star 3
    Did you even bother to read my post? Apparently not, so please refrain from posting uneducated and illiterate one-liners.

And force scream sounds like a cool name for a new force power, better than force push or some of the retarded names for the exploited universe crap about lightsaber 'forms'. :D

6. --OWNED-- Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Or Camp!
  7. poker Jedi Knight

star 3
    Anyhow, the posse duel needs to be reedited on the dvd, extensivley so. At the very least, they could make a very simple addition, simply add in the 'force noise' (the sound effect that comes whenever a jedi uses force push, pull etc etc) at the exact moment sidious leaps from his desk; that way we can rationalize that sidious paralyzed the jedi using a powerful force technique. (force scream?)

I agree with you! But did you hear a strange sound while Palps is charging Mace and the posse in the movie? Because I did hear a really strange sound, maybe its a new force power... The first 2 Jedi really look stupid!
  8. yoshifett Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Did you even bother to read my post? Apparently not, so please refrain from posting uneducated and illiterate one-liners.

Lay off man, this is not considered good behavior here.

Force Scream is not canon, but it's a good power in KOTORII :)

Sidious Fighting style is called "Dead Jedi"
  9. SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus

star 6

Sitara
    posted:

Nick Gillard had not nkowledg eof these so called 'forms', and they do not really make sense.

You should take a couple spoonfulls of your own medicine Master Sitara, before writing a prescription.

Now back to my question: Is a Force Scream now canon?
    Because as stated above by someone else, it is used in KotorII. (Not that I actually liked or used it in the game.)

Whatever the growl/scream was that came from Sidious, it was totally cool./>/>
  10. darth-sinister Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Again, Saesee Tinn moves to attack Palpatine, just as Agen Kolar is killed. You can see him raise his saber into attack position.
  11. poker Jedi Knight

star 3
    Its badly done.
  12. SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus

star 6
    poker
    posted

Its badly done

I agree, the only way it could have been worse, was if the Jedi Masters whistled the "Theme Song from the Seven Dwarves", while waiting to be cut down by Palpatine.

*cues the music to: "Whistle While You Work" *
    />/>/>
  13. yoshifett Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Force Scream is canon from a certain point of view...but not really.

I don't think Lucas would say that's what Sidious is doing there. He's probably never played KOTORII;)
  14. SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Yeah if GL had actually played KOTOR II before releasing it, then it might have had a chance to be better. K-II is a shadow of the original Knights of the Old Republic. They rushed to get the game out before x-mas, and it shows. I heard Battlefront II, has playable Jedi characters in it. It will be interesting to see how that plays out.
  15. yoshifett Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Stay on target.

Back to Sidious' fighting style, most people I talk to about the movie aren't analyzing it frame by frame like we are. They aren't thinking "Wow, those Jedi suck," they're thinking "Wow, Sidious is evil!"
  16. SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I'll buy that, he did come off as super twisted, and totally evil.
  17. yoshifett Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I think that's what the average movie-goer got out of the arrest scene anyway.
  18. Sitara Force Ghost

star 3
    Neither was his dismissal of my post good behavior at all; if he does not know how to read, or cannot interpret the meaning of what I wrote and THEN insists on a one liner snide remarks ( since he cannot abide the fact my points make sense) I am certainly entitled to dismiss any such reply.

As for 'force scream' I certainly did not mean to imply that exploited universe crap should be used in the movies; I simply remarked upon a simple solution to a vexing dilema and then suggested a cool sounding (to me!) name for such a force power. I certainly did not expect people to start quoting video games or any other eu. If there is indeed such a power in the eu, then simply rename this use of the force I suggested as 'force howl', or 'force screetch'. ;)

Once again you pollute both this board and a constructive debate with a pointless, snide remark based on a minor spelling error. My spelling may be flawed, but I at least manage to get across an argument based on a constructive, logical base which, in my opinion will improve an extremely flawed scene in an otherwise excellent movie. Please refrain from showcasing your childishness and rudeness in this thread again; if you cannot resist then please leave and come back when you have grown up mentally, and can contribute constructively in someway to this thread.

Oh yes, I definately heard the savage growl palpatine exuded, but keep in mind it was not really a 'force power' type of sound; it was similar in a way to darth mauls 'grrr' during tpm duel. It was just there to showcase the savagery of the sith, and as a shock factor. (also undoubtedly to please us fanboy's by showing what a 'badazz' sidious is :D )

Throughout the six movies there has been a constant and familiar pattern to INVISIBLE force power sounds; force lightning is the only spectacularly visible force power. Levitation, push/pull and choke are low keyed, and you can only hear to force at work not see it; the end result is and/or the persons being affected are the only indication that the force is being used. Since there is no such sound when palpatine attacks, it is kind of hard to assume he uses the force to stun his foes.

Its really a shame IMO, that the duel which had the potential to be the best in this movie, unfortunately turned out to be less than sub-par. (the initial part that is, once is palpatine vs mace th/>/>
  19. JawaStew Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hola amigos... actually, didn't anyone else catch that he *does* make a wierd scream? EDIT: Ooops, you did! This is actually how I rationalised them standing there like knobs - they're momentarily stunned by this alien Sith trick. As he does his tornado dive, he makes a wierd tearing / screaming sound. Maybe this is actually what Lucas intended? Otherwise it makes for a bad 6-million dollar man sound effect for a jump! There was another thread where this came up, can't remember (Sith Mind Trick maybe? Too lazy to check). EDIT: True that sound effects are edited in for Force Pushes, etc... but this one didn't sound like 'jumping' (BOINGGGG! Hehehe)
  20. yoshifett Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Well, I'm sticking with the thought that most people don't really put that much thought into what amounts to 5 seconds of screen time. The point is made: Sidious will kill you fast (unless you are Mace). Most people are not going to obssess over it with the intensity that we do. Sidious is evil, and he likes to make funny faces as he impales you.
  21. halfwits-r-us Jedi Youngling

star 4
    yep he was giving them his oh face oh oh oh. I don't like that purple glow in that fan dvd cover...kinda flaming. Sidious with a lightsabre also, not necesary. Well Yeah sids is a badass prone to facial expressions during his fighting, he busted out a few against yoda too. It's his sith power.
  22. SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Sitara
    posted

"Its really a shame IMO, that the duel which had the potential to be the best in this movie, unfortunately turned out to be less than sub-par."

Agree with you on this... I do.
    />
  23. yoshifett Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Jawa my man, read some of the posts first!:) We've been talking about the "force scream" for the last couple of pages. And it's not confirmed in any way that's what Sidious is doing in ROTS. Just cause you can do something in KOTOR doesn't mean that's what Lucas was implying. Perhaps it was a force scream. I don't believe it's mentioned as such in the novel, but I think Palps is messing with their heads in the novel. Somebody got the novel?
  24. SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Yes, but I can't get to it right this second.

Hang on...
  25. yoshifett Jedi Grand Master

star 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.