main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sidious' fighting style

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by r8hitman, May 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    So far no new styles of lightsabers, but we will see new styles of lightsaber combat. -PH

It's possible that Sidious will have a new style.

2. TheCat

TheCat Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 21, 2001
    I'll bet he makes the sabres work hard without even moving his hands. He'll just be doing there doing the close-eyed Omen bit, standing there cackling while the sabre's get nasty.

3. Cyan_Dawn

Cyan_Dawn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 3, 1999
    Exactly. The saber will be dancing around the room without anyone holding it. Sidious is the puppet master that pulls the invisible strings. His fighting style will be no different.

This also opens up a great possibility when Yoda and Sidious duel: For the first time Yoda will be able to fight someone smaller than he is (just the floating saber itself), so we won't see him flipping around like he did in AOTC. Lucas sure knows how to keep things interesting!

4. Theory55

Theory55 Jedi Youngling star 4

Apr 3, 2004
    ^
    I hope you're kidding. That would look amazingly goofy. Just try to picture it.. *shudders*

5. Cyan_Dawn

Apr 3, 1999
    No, not kidding. Care to elaborate on how this would look goofy? Is it any "goofier" than Yoda leaping and flipping around Christopher Lee? The joke will probably be on you anyway, because I would not be surprised if this actually happens. As a matter of fact, I'm expecting it. And it will look awesome.

6. greedoshoots1st

greedoshoots1st Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 22, 2004
    i would like to see sids sitting on his throne with the hood on, using his saber with his mind. yoda will be fighting a saber held by nobody. and while yoda is blocking the saber, sids is taunting him with some classic emperor lines. then yoda decides hed rather rot in the degobah system then die at the hands of such a powerful foe, and his green ass bails. lol

another idea would be: sids holds the saber in the preying mantis style over his head with the saber pointing down at the ground.

whatever happens will be good.

and greedo shooting first is still the worst idea in a star wars movie.....what was he thinkin....

may the schwartz be with you.

7. Theory55

Apr 3, 2004
    If sidious doesn't have the lightsaber in his hand, he is defenseless.

Yoda would just avoid the "magic flying lightsaber" and jump right to sidious and stab him in the face.

8. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    I would think his technique would employ a certain amount of misdirection, more Chinese influenced than the Japanese one-strike-one-kill style. Lots of feints and distractions.

9. Cyan_Dawn

Apr 3, 1999
    If sidious doesn't have the lightsaber in his hand, he is defenseless.

Yoda would just avoid the "magic flying lightsaber" and jump right to sidious and stab him in the face.

There's no logic to this scenario whatsoever. Just because he's wielding the lightsaber with the Force, does not make it a weak attack.

10. Moojieba

Moojieba Jedi Master star 4

Mar 16, 2004
    Plus, it would free his hands to do other things...like force lightning.

11. Theory55

Apr 3, 2004
    I'm sorry.. I just think it would look way to corny..

12. Darth_Mangle

Darth_Mangle Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 9, 2004
    Watch. He duels by not holding his saber, He uses his mind..

If that happens, I will laugh...for a long time.

13. The1Neo

The1Neo Jedi Master star 6

Jan 20, 2004
    It wil be a whoop ass fast style! With elegance of course!

14. Darth_Mangle

Darth_Mangle Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 9, 2004
    Theory, why does he have to be stabbed in the face?

Why not in his stomach, or cut in half. Decapitated, or loss of limbs. Does he really need to be stabbed in the face?

15. Theory55

Apr 3, 2004
    You seem to have missed the point of my post.

16. BothofUs

BothofUs Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 5, 2003
    I certainly hope not.

I definately want Sidous to hold his saber. Sheesh. Even Lucas isn't that crazy.

17. Cyan_Dawn

Apr 3, 1999
    I certainly hope not.

I definately want Sidous to hold his saber. Sheesh. Even Lucas isn't that crazy.

Well, fans on this same message board said Lucas was crazy when the titles "The Phantom Menace" and "Attack of the Clones" were announced.

18. yodaman

yodaman Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 26, 1999
    Sidious should fight on his knees. That's where Dooku went wrong. He fought him standing.

19. UpYourGinkyTurkey

UpYourGinkyTurkey Jedi Youngling

Apr 4, 2004
    i think if he was just standing there using his mind
    to move his saber it would look so stupid. as quick as yoda is how could he not just run right up to him and
    stab him in the face. his saber fighting will be something we've never seen before and it definitly shouldnt be all fighting with the sabers there should be a hardcore force powers battle. that would be awesome.

20. Psychotic_Sith

Psychotic_Sith Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 9, 2004
    One other style I think would suit Sidious/Palpatine well would be levitating combat. Not just jumping all over the place; rather, actually floating in the air and dueling.

21. qui-gon-kim

qui-gon-kim Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2001
    I also don't want to see Sideous to do telekinetic lightsaber fighting, as it would look really bad.

22. cygnusjedi1

cygnusjedi1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2003
    we know that his weapon is not just for show

he will use it. i personally dont like the floating saber theory. i really can not see Lucas doing this.

duel with mace: Sidious holding back to get anakin to jump in and "save" (word used lightly) him, and to use it to also get anakin to side with the sith.

duel with yoda: all out fight. Sidious is wiping floor of jeditemple with yoda. somehow end it with a display of force powers. (kind of the reverse of the Dooku duel in AOTC)

23. DarthSpartan

DarthSpartan Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 28, 2003
    I think he will be more like a Fencer. Very regal and smooth.

24. Psychotic_Sith

Psychotic_Sith Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 9, 2004
    Personally, I think the "fencing" style was mastered by Dooku, and would be redundant to have Sidious use it.

I would prefer it if there was a mixture of my two ideas. Palpatine floats, instead of relying upon acrobatic skills. He also is able to move his arms so fast to counter and block that it looks like one giant red whirlwind. He uses the Force to throw things, and to hurl Force Lightning, with which to distract Yoda while he swoops in for the kill.

25. Darth_Aussie

Darth_Aussie Jedi Youngling star 2

May 29, 2002
    Here's how it will go down (I'm sure!)...

Sidious will have a "Saber Gun", which is loaded with lightsabers (which are ignighted as he pulls the trigger), and he shoots them at Yoda while using his big chair/throne for cover. Yoda will have to dodge/deflect the dozens of lightsabers that Sidious shoots at him each second!

And the lightsabers will all be BLACK!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.