main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sidious' fighting style

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by r8hitman, May 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kobayashii

Kobayashii Jedi Youngling

Apr 25, 2004
    I like to think of Sidious' fighting style being very economical and precise. Like one arm forward with lightsaber ignited and other tucked behind the back in a cocky kind of fencing style, with an evil smile on his face. Simple and to the point. Short sharp blocks to deflect a blow and then a quick lunge then a swipe and step back.

I hate the idea of floating lightsabers...it would just look so wrong.

2. Darth_n00b

Darth_n00b Jedi Youngling

Mar 30, 2004
    I think it would be cool (cool as in I like the thought of it, but would hate if it was in the movie) if Sidious had about 20 lightsabers lying around and uses the force to send them all flying and swinging at Yoda.

It would be kinda cool to see Yoda defending against sabers coming from everywhere as Sidious just stands there and says token Ian lines like "Now you see the true power of the Darkside!", etc.

3. SAND-CRAWLER

SAND-CRAWLER Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 12, 2003
    What if he somehow uses the force with his saber and with each swipe creates a type of force wave. Kind of like Sauron's Axe in the prologue of FotR where people go flying just because of the force of it. In one swoop, he could knock a Jedi unconcious even if he didn't hit them with his saber (this kind of happened to Shaak Ti in episode 20 of the Clone Wars). Then he wouldn't have to move fast at all but just overpower his enemy with huge swings. It would destroy the room and would look great on screen.

4. Psychotic_Sith

Psychotic_Sith Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 9, 2004
    Anybody like my idea of Palpatine himself floating in the air? Yes? No? Maybe so?

5. SAND-CRAWLER

SAND-CRAWLER Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 12, 2003
    Anybody like my idea of Palpatine himself floating in the air? Yes? No? Maybe so?

No. Then he woulndn't have died when Vader tossed him into the reactor shaft at the end of RotJ. He would have just floated up and out.

6. Dissembler

Dissembler Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 21, 2004
    I think Sidious using as little movement as possible would suit me, so the idea of him levitating or flying doesn't appeal. I loved the part in ROTJ when he released Luke's handcuffs with the slightest wave of his hand. Now, obviously he'll have to move more than that , but you get my meaning....

7. GenerallyGrievous

GenerallyGrievous Jedi Youngling

Feb 17, 2004
    Here's how I see it. The Jedi temple is being bombarded by explosions from the outside. Inside there is no one left alive, except for Yoda. The lights have been knocked out, columns are falling, sparks are flying. From the shadows, Sidious' cackling laughter is heard as he mocks "Master" Yoda. His is little more than a black cloak. Suddenly, splitting his visage down the center his saber is ignited from top to bottom. As Yoda unleashes his Crouching Yoda, Leaping Green Dude technique, Sidious effortlessly blocks his attacks. His hands are never visable and his saber is moving smoothly and quickly. We can't tell if he is using his hands or the force to use the saber. Also, his movements during this fight are smooth and he seems to glide, ghost-like, along the floor once again reinforcing his position as The Phantom Menace. All the while Yoda must contend with debris being thrown at him as Sidious continues to mock his tiny opponent.

8. Qui-Gon-Barbecue

Qui-Gon-Barbecue Jedi Youngling

May 3, 2004
    It dosen't have to be that palps is ultra highly skilled or has special attacking powers.
    The difficultly in fighting him is that the jedi lose their precognitive ability , the source of their superb reflexes , when around him while he retains it.

Plenty of scope there for taunting and gloating etc during the fight.

Rather than seeing palps do anything overly spectacular the focus of the fight may be more on the weakness of whichever jedi he ends up fighting. Its not that yoda or whoever may be beaten by skill as such, but just because they could never bring their powers to bear.

9. Psychotic_Sith

Psychotic_Sith Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 9, 2004
    No. Then he woulndn't have died when Vader tossed him into the reactor shaft at the end of RotJ. He would have just floated up and out.

Then again, he was busy trying to zap Luke with Force lightning, and was thusly preocupied when that happened.

GenerallyGrievous has sort of understood what I meant, I think. Not him flying ala Superman or Dragonball Z, more like levitating slightly off of the ground while he fights.

10. GenerallyGrievous

GenerallyGrievous Jedi Youngling

Feb 17, 2004
    Right, P-S. "Floating" in the sense that you can't see his feet and his robes seems to rest just above the ground.

11. r8hitman

r8hitman Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2004
    How would it look if sidious was to punch or kick somebody? like obi-wan kicking maul

12. r8hitman

r8hitman Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2004
    Is sidious the one with the new fighting style or is it mace?

13. Force-Keeper

Force-Keeper Jedi Master star 5

Jun 16, 2004
    I expect Sidious?s fighting style to be a lot like Vader?s in the OT. Sidious?s Lightsaber is much smaller then the regular saber and he will most likely use one hand just as Vader sometimes does in ESB or ROTJ.

14. ogilbyb

ogilbyb Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2003
    I definatly forsee Palpatine holding his lightsaber. I believe Sidious will fight like a cheater and ninja when he kills Mace Windu and (possibly) defeats Yoda. Like Vader he will use his lightsaber as something of a guide for the most part using it to strike swiftly and efficiantly when his opponents are not expecting it.

15. brook_33

brook_33 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    i'll bet hes a mix of dooku and vader (in the suit)

16. jedi-killah

jedi-killah Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2003
    I heard that there will be new force abilities used in Episode 3 that hasn't been seen before. I would like to see Sidious use a body splitting technique that way he can fight Yoda and Mace at the same time. As for his fighting style, I think Sidious will mainly be defending himself against their attacks, but have powerful counterattacks.

17. jedi-killah

Apr 26, 2003
    I know that this is off topic, but is Sidious going to be fighting with his hood on, or will he remove it. The reason for this question is, I heard that Sidious even though he is Palpatine will have a different form with his hood off. Remember that early concept art of supposedly Sidious unmasked, the guy that looked like the devil. It would be cool if Sidious was in a form like that.

18. Green_Destiny_Sword

Green_Destiny_Sword Force Ghost star 5

Jun 20, 2001

I think Sidious will have to be quick and agile. How else could he keep up with Yodaman? I just hope they make it look decent. I am not for Sidious doing any flips or somersaults.

19. technobot43

technobot43 Jedi Master star 1

Aug 17, 2003
    Since most of you think Palpatine is omnipotent, and the darkside is an order of magnitude more powerful than the light-side, how about this:

Sidious just kills people with his MIND!!! I mean forget the reported temple purge with Anakin, just have Sidious walk alone into the temple, NAKED, no lightsaber, and Jedi's heads just explode from the sheer terror of seing the most powerful being in this or ANY universe! HOW COOL WOULD THAT BE?

When Mace leads his gang to arrest Palpatine, we could imagine it unfolding like this: Palpatine toys with the rest of the gang by flinging his saber at them. Let's say the group without Mace is 7 Jedi strong. The boomerang attack kills 2 of them immediately, and maims 3 others. Those 3 realize fighting God is a waste of time, and try to run away. Palpatine strips them naked with the force to show them he's not messing around, and cackles something like, "I'll deal with you later, after i've dealt with the coloured fella! HAHAHAHAHA!" Wow, not only is he power hungry, he's clearly racist! That just makes him cooler! He finishes Mace off by get this: using Mace's own saber against him! He telekinetically rips it out of Mace's hand and severs every limb from the overmatched Jedi Master's body before decapitating him. SICK!

HOPEFULLY, he kicks Yoda's butt too. But instead of Sidious surprising Yoda, it's the other way around. Remember, Palpatine is God! Yoda surpises Sidious in a moment of contemplation, and he's got the rest of the remaining Jedi by his side, minus Obi-Wan, who is getting his butt kicked by the SECOND MOST POWERFUL BEING IN THE UNIVERSE, General Grevious (don't worry, Obi-Wan makes it to the Anakin fight by pure dumb luck, because Lucas wants to portray the good guys as totally inept in Episode 3). So it's Yoda and 20 other Jedi versus Dark Side God, Sidious is unaware because he's taking his daily bubble bath. Sidious realizes Yoda might be a little more of a challenge than Mace, so he doesn't waste time and FORCE MELTS the other Jedi! That's why his eyes are yellow, his pupils can incinerate at will.

Now it's Sids versus Yoda. Sids starts the fight by flinging the bath tub at Yoda with such powerful force that not even a being powerful enough to lift starships with his mind can defend. Yoda burst out of the bathroom on the other side, totally freaked out at this point. Then Sidious says something cool like, "You look like you could use a drink!" and HURLS THE WATER AT YODA, TOTALLY SOAKING HIM! So now poor Yoda isn't just getting his ass handed to him, he's soaking wet and embarassed. But stupid Yoda tries to fight anyway, and busts out his lightsaber. Then Palpatine does the trick where he throws his lightsaber at Yoda, duels him telekinetically, all the while shooting force lightning and hurling every object in the room at him. Yoda is losing just like Luke did to Vader in Empire. At this point, even Yoda knows the fight is over, so he runs away, and finds the nearest starship to leave the planet. Palpatine is cackling, and here comes the coolest part: FLIES INTO SPACE AFTER YODA! Yoda's doing his best Han Solo impression frantically trying to get his ship to jump to lightspeed, but Sidious is gaining and firing force lasers out of his hands at the damaged ship. But Yoda, through dumb luck manages to jump to Dagobah, and says, "to hell with this" and spends the next 20 years collecting nice looking rocks.

But we're not done yet! After Anakin loses the duel by slipping on a banana peel, Palpatine rescues what's left of the future Darth Vader. Anakin dies in his arms, but Sidious says something dramatic like, "I'M NOT LETTING YOU DIE ON ME!" and RESURRECTS ANAKIN WITH HIS MIND! (he is God, after all). Then he drops Anakin off to be transformed into a cyborg, but not without telling his loved one, "I've got some business to attend to", and then he flies off into the air again and finishes the Clone Wars BY HIMSELF! The last shot of the movie is Sidious putting the Death Star telekinetically with the force, and Cyborg Vader

20. Jawa_Jedi-Master

Jawa_Jedi-Master Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 30, 2004
    Don't forget the part when he gets off the john, pulls up his robes, and rapid-fires thermal detonators out of his a** at the jedi temple. That is a massive display of dark side power.

21. There_IS_no_Conflict

There_IS_no_Conflict Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 6, 2001
    That was the coolest post ever technobot

22. jedi-killah

Apr 26, 2003
    coloured fellow? I am offended by that technobot. If u haven't notice there r some "coloured fellows" here.

23. technobot43

Aug 17, 2003
    so am I :) i was just being sarcastic

24. I-think-I-wanna-Leia

I-think-I-wanna-Leia Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 21, 2004
    I think that technobot wasn't meant to offend. He was putting lines in to make his character seem more evil (racist=evil). However between that line and the line about capt. Typho dying stealing car stereos (which was aslo not racist in intent, but making fun of movie stereotypes) this board does make me nervous. The problem is no one on the board knows where each other is coming from. We don't know if your black, raised by chinese foster parents, are the last decendent of an extinct Viking tribe, or are staring at a Nazi Flag right now. Since We don't know everyones personal background, everyone needs to be careful how things can be taken by other.

25. technobot43

Aug 17, 2003
    I was also being extremely sarcastic, maybe I'm an idiot but the scenes I described would make a terrible movie... unfortunately some of you would disagree ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.