main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sidious, Palpatine, Clones, Dark/Crimson Empire

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Azeryl_Bane, Nov 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Azeryl_Bane

Azeryl_Bane Jedi Youngling

Nov 3, 2003
    OK - I know this has been on other threads, but I just had to start another one to Get My Idea out there with erveryone else commenting on it.

Everyone knows that Sidious and Palpatine are the same person - Sidious the Sith Personality and Palpitine the Emperor Personality. In PM and ATOC they look to be around the same if not exactly the same age.

This is my Idea on the Subject -

In Dark Empire we are introduced to the fact that the Emperor has a Cloning Facility on Byss and that he has some how found a way to transfer his "Soul" into new host bodies cloned from himself. These new bodies however have a significant flaw however - they burn out at a much quicker rate than the Emperor had expected (In Crimson Empire we findout that it was due to a flaw introduced by - I forget the Character's Name.) This idea is reintroduced in later novels as well.

In Episode III we may find out that Sidious is in fact Palpatine's first cloning attempt and it has been awakened just before PM to see what the process creates. While Palp is off pretending to save the Old Republic, he is instructing Sidious in the background to see how the clone works out. This all is a precursur to Palp discovering the process of transfering himself into clones to have limitless life (Probably sometime betwenn EpIII and EpVI).

I know that some people believe that the Comics aren't really a part of the whole SW Timeline, but the fact that the events of Dark Empire were mentioned and replayed in a couple of the novels make it otherwise.

I know GL will probably explain the Palp/Sidious thing differently, but this would be a good way to reafirm the novels that have come afterward...

Any comments would be appretiated...

2. Iron_Fist

Iron_Fist Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 30, 2003
    That would be an interesting way to put it, but sadly that is not the way it will happen. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.