main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ Sidious/Palpatine (theories, rants etc.)

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by SimplyThrilledHoney, May 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    I always thought Luke had a gumby walk!

2. Anna_kin

Anna_kin Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 6, 2001
    Has anyone hear the theory that Sifo-Dyas, the guy who ordered the clones, never actually died but left the Order and became...ta da! Sideous! It makes sense, if you look at the names: Si-Dyas, Sideous...

3. Buzz-Bumble

Buzz-Bumble Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000

Yep, I came up with the Sifo-Dyas = Sidious "link" a few days ago, but only as a joke. :)

It doesn't really work though since IF Sidious is Palpatine then Yoda and Mace Windu would have recognised him -unless Palpatine is a changeling. ;)

4. SimplyThrilledHoney

SimplyThrilledHoney Jedi Youngling star 3

May 19, 2002
    The implication is that Sifo-Dyas was a member of the Jedi council though. Lucas plays around with names a lot, but I don't Sidious is Sifo-Dyas. It would be too convoluted to have Sidious = Palapatine = Sifo-Dyas. (I think ...) I think he was a Jedi, was killed (probably by the Sith) and then his name was used to order the Clone Army. Surely Yoda would have questioned the Kaminioans about this when he went to see them though?

The changeling thing is interesting though. There was no real reason why Zam should have been a changeling. It didn't add anything to the plot, and its not like she used the ability to evade capture. I'm wondering if the concept was introduced merely to set a precedant for something in Episode III.

Questions questions questions ....

5. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

Another Usenet Newsgroup rumor is that Sifo-Dyas was Darth Maul, but that's even more unlikely.

OR, Sifo-Dyas was the master / apprentice of Sidious - again very unlikely he was the master. Apprentice is a possibility I guess, but not likely either.

6. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    If I recall correctly, all the pre-release spoilers (up until the book's release) talked of Sido-Dyas. An obvious misspelling of Sidious.

Sido-Dyas and Sidious were (probably) originally the same person, but George decided to make them separate.

Why George made a last minute switch is the real mystery here. Maybe it was just that the two names were too similar, making the connection too obvious, and that Sifo-Dyas is Sidious. But that doesn't really gel with what we know of Senator Palpatine.

Also check these domains out!

http://www.sifo-dyas.com vs http://www.sido-dyas.com

:eek:

7. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

Thanks. That second one might be good to watch a little later this month. :)

I've no idea about the connection between the two names though. ?[face_plain]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.