main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Sidious/Palpatine's Co-conspirators in the EU

Discussion in 'Literature' started by DBrennan3333, Feb 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DBrennan3333

DBrennan3333 Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 5, 2004
    I made a fan documentary called 'Star Wars & False Flag Terror' a few years ago, and now I'm redoing it in 1080p and pretty much having a complete overhaul of all the graphics - making many of them 3D with the free program Blender (as in, polygonally dimensional true 3D, not stereopsis 3D illusions). You can view the original here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0fDUoudO7w

I'm very selective in what EU I read (select James Luceno books, the Coruscant Nights trilogy, SotE....I think that's all, actually) and therefore I don't know enough to include any data in my updated version of the documentary. Therefore, I would be hugely appreciative of input from those very knowledgeable about the EU.

The question is: Are there any good EU books that specifically address co-conspirators in Sidious's plot who were aware of the false flag nature of the Clone Wars (that Palpatine was running both sides)?

SW.com noted that Sly Moore was "privy to the Chancellor's deepest secrets" (and that seemed to come across in the movies just by the character's name and evil demeanor). But was that in any EU? Also, I believe I heard that some EU stories have Tarkin and Mas Amedda knowing that Palpatine was a Sith - and, by extension, leading the Separatists - but I'm not aware of those, specfically.

So if anybody could refer me to any books which definitively show co-conspirators - those who definitely knew that both sides of the war were being controlled by the same entities - that would be great. My goal is to include a 30-second or so segment in the HD version of the documentary referring fans to such books or comics. I'll have cool 3D graphics of said books and comics, assuming I learn of any.

Great thanks to all in advance.

For anybody interested in the documentary beyond the EU aspect, I have a thread in the Fan Film section here at TFN, too.

Obi-Wan Kennerobi likes this.
  2. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Offhand: Sly Moore, Mas Amedda, Janus Greejatus, possibly Ars Dangor (not entirely sure, but it seems likely) and Sate Pestage.

darklordoftech likes this.
  3. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
  4. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    The news that Qui-Gon knew after Sidious revealed himself is pretty interesting if you ask me. It diminishes the power of Force Ghosts in a not-entirely-bad-way (removing any possibility of omniscience for them) and strengthens the notion of destiny as being above everything in the Star Wars galaxy as a result.

5. son_of_skywalker03

son_of_skywalker03 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    I agree. When it's said "the dark side clouds everything," that's a literal statement. Not even those that are one with the Force can see all that is going on. It's a good explanation (among other reasons) as to why they don't simply communicate everything to those that are still alive.

6. DBrennan3333

Nov 5, 2004
    Hmmm. Well, thanks for the names.

I guess I was hoping for EU stories where, ya know, Palpatine meets with somebody and they're collaborating on the tough work of running both sides of a war together - maybe arranging the clones' DNA or whatever. But if there are no EU stories showing Palpatine having any collaborators who have access to top level information, then I can just bypass this section of my little doc.

RE: Force ghosts not being omniscient. I don't know what goes on in the EU, but I think this came across clear enough in the movies. Obi-Wan tells Luke on Dagobah that he won't be able to help him against Vader, and in the deleted Qui-Gon dialogue in ROTS, he simply says that they can retain consciousness beyond their physical bodies, not that they become deities with the power to see everything.

I would assume that, after the Jedi Purge, any surviving Jedi and everybody else who knew of the situation would know that Palpatine was Sidious because of the transmission Yoda and Obi-Wan sent out. Simply stating that he was Sidious alone would mean that they knew Palpatine was controlling both sides of the "war", because the Jedi already knew that the Sith were controlling the Separatists.

Also, Dooku knew that Palpatine was Sidious and the war was a scam because he recruited the clone host and hung out with him even while his clones were doing battle against the droids. Also, in LoE, Palpatine said that he would save him on board the Invisible Hand if Anakin managed to beat him in the duel (although we know how THAT promise turned out!)

7. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    Dooku definitely knew the big picture. Except the part about him being a seatwarmer for Anakin.

I don't think Tarkin knew (unless I'm forgetting a source).

Boba Fett had enough information to be dangerous: he knew that Dooku was Tyranus and that Tyranus was behind the Clone Army. In Boba Fett: Pursuit, he tries to tell this to Palpatine, but Palpatine basically smirks at him, says "I know", and pays Fett off to shut him up.

8. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    I think Sate Pestage probably knew, but I don't think it's been explicitly stated. He was certainly doing a lot of Palpatine's dirty work.

9. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    It seemed pretty explicit in Plagueis-didn't he accompany Sidious on his rescue of Plagueis?

10. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Yes. The book seems to indicate that he is in on it from that point onward.

11. DBrennan3333

Nov 5, 2004
    Thanks a lot, RogueFollower - more confirmation that Dooku was in on the scam. If I do the EU section for this doc, I'll definitely have a screencap of Boba Fett: Pursuit to refer fans to.

If anybody could elaborate on any Plagueis or Sate Pestage (or Mas Amedda or Sly Moore) stories, that'd be helpful, too.

12. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    Well, there's the Darth Plagueis novel, obviously. Pestage I think (outside of Luceno's prequel books, such as Cloak Of Deception/Labyrinth Of Evil/Dark Lord) is mainly in the Rogue Squadron comics. Mas Amedda and Sly Moore, I don't think there really are any.

13. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Boba - still working on Plagueis, but I'm not surprised.

14. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    Oh, gotcha Coop.

I do wish there were some POV stories for these guys; seeing inner rationalization (ESPECIALLY once Palpatine gets to Emperor and starts enslaving races/genociding folks/etc) for folks who pretty much supported him until he or they died would be interesting. Vader's had some inner thoughts moments in Dark Lord and the Dark Times comics, but Pestage/Amedda/etc have virtually nothing.

15. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    You need to read Luceno's DARTH PLAGUEIS. It's exactly what you're looking for.

16. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Doriana is in Outbound Flight but there is nothing explicit there about his knowing that Palpatine was running both sides of the war as Sidious.

I definitely think Pestage and Sly Moore knew, and I think Mas Amedda might have been in on it as well.

17. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Outbound Flight shows that Doriana does not know Palpatine is Sidious.

18. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    Doriana was mostly in the dark. Hero of Cartao shows that though he was working for "both" Palpatine and Sidious during the Clone Wars, he didn't know they were the same person.

19. stung4ever

stung4ever Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 17, 2002
    As of OF, Doriana didn't know Sidious = Palpy.

He reported to each separately, and believed himself a double agent.

20. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Doriana not knowing is both hilarious and a great idea. He thinks he's so smart, ha.

21. DBrennan3333

Nov 5, 2004
    Thanks, I just read the Wookiepedia summary of it and it sounds pretty good. So the book says that Sate Pestage and Kinman Doriana don't know that their partner is living this double life and that Palpatine is doing everything on his own? (I have to say, that when I read the book's account of the creation of the clones, I rolled my eyes. Remember back when it was so simple after AOTC: Dooku recruited Jango and posed as a Jedi to get them built on the Republic's account? God, did they retcon that simple little concept into a total clusterf--- in the ensuing years.)

22. _Catherine_

_Catherine_ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2007
    It made sense in AOTC?

23. DBrennan3333

Nov 5, 2004
    Compared to the EU?

24. _Catherine_

_Catherine_ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2007
    I just remember in the movie Lama Su says that Sifo-Dyas ordered the clones ten years ago, then Obi-Wan tells him that Sifo-Dyas died almost ten years ago. Then later Obi-Wan tells Mace and Yoda that Sifo-Dyas died more than ten years ago. Then they never mention Sifo-Dyas again and it's never explained who he was or how he died or if he really ordered the clones or what the hell was going on. And then there was the thing with Sifo-Dyas originally being Sido-Dyas, meaning it was Sidious who ordered the clones, but people speculated that it was supposed to be Dooku posing as Sifo-Dyas, but the Jedi didn't care one way or the other and never tried to figure out where the clones came from, and the whole thing was just a mess.

I don't know what the explanation in the EU is. Palpatine tricked Sifo-Dyas into ordering the clones, then Dooku killed him? Something like that?

25. stung4ever

stung4ever Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 17, 2002
    Basic EU explanation as of DP:

Plagueis manipulated Sifo-Dyas into believing war was coming, and the Jedi would need an army. He also left clues that lead SD to the Kamino cloners. After Sifo-Dyas ordered the clones, Dooku killed him (to prove his loyalty to the Sith, as I recall), and hired Jango to be the genetic stock.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.