main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sidious said only one cheated death. Was he talking about his former master?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by Master_Obi-One, Nov 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master_Obi-One

Master_Obi-One Jedi Youngling

Nov 25, 2005
    Remember when he was talking to Anakin? How did Darth Plaguis cheat death? By the way did Plaguis create Anakin? Cause how could Sideous raise Darth Maul and be an apprentice? The time frame with Anakin's birth and that stuff isn't right?

2. TheCRZA

TheCRZA Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2005
    Sidious says that Plagueis' apprentice killed him in his sleep.
    I infer he's talking about himself and that Plagueis could only
    save others and not himself.

3. Master_Obi-One

Nov 25, 2005
    ^^^I know that. I mean that the time frame is not right.

4. TheCRZA

May 29, 2005
    How so? The time frame, that is?

5. MOC Vober Dand

MOC Vober Dand Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 6, 2004
    I think he was trying to convince Anakin that Plagueis had cheated death and that he himself knew the secret. I actually think he was full of **** about the whole thing, because as soon as Anakin turns he back tracks and says that they will find the secret together.

6. MasterlessPadawan-K9

MasterlessPadawan-K9 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 13, 2005
    I liked what someone suggested on these boards a long while ago relating to Plegious(sp?), saying that Darth P used his Force ability to conceive Palpitine/Sidious. As to the one he possibly saved from death, I say it was the sarrogate mother during child birth of Palpy. *shrugs* And Sidious said that he acheived it, acheiving something, and knowing how it's done are two different things in my mind. It's also possible Sidious has since forgotten a small but vital bit of info about this, thus the 'discovering the secret' bit.

7. Master_Obi-One

Nov 25, 2005

How so? The time frame, that is?

I mean remember how old Maul was in Ep.I and how young Anakin was? How could Sideous raise Maul and be an apprentice to Plagius at the same time. Cause there are only 2 Sith no more...no less!

8. MasterlessPadawan-K9

Sep 13, 2005
    People can look a lot younger/older then they really are. Whether it be by genes or make-up.

9. Agent_SkywalKer

Agent_SkywalKer Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 28, 2005
    Whose to say that Sidious was trained and killed Plaguies BEFORE he got Maul? And Plaguies did NOT create Anakin.

10. MasterlessPadawan-K9

Sep 13, 2005
    I beleive I've hinted at that earlier.

11. DarthPosterGuy

DarthPosterGuy Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 14, 2005
    Why would he lie the first time and tell the truth the second time? Meh...

Regardless, which one was true?

12. Darth_Sideous

Darth_Sideous Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 24, 2004
    How could Sideous raise Maul and be an apprentice to Plagius at the same time.

He didn't. Plaguis takes on Sidious as his apprentice. Sidious kills him. Sidious then takes on Maul (who could have been an infant OR an adult when trained), Maul dies and Sidious recruits Dooku. There's no discrepency in the timeline at all. We don't know how old Sidious is, how old he was when he killed Plaguis, nor how old Maul was when he was trained.

And Plaguis did not create Anakin, nor is there any proof that he even COULD cheat death. Sidious is sucking Anakin into his web. Anakin is having these premonitions about death, and Sidious conveniently tells him that he knows how to prevent death, because his former master taught him how. It's just a big crock to turn Anakin. The only truth was that Plaguis was Sidious' master, and Sidious killed him in his sleep.

13. voodoopuuduu

voodoopuuduu Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 22, 2004
    Anakin is having these premonitions about death, and Sidious conveniently tells him that he knows how to prevent death, because his former master taught him how. It's just a big crock to turn Anakin. The only truth was that Plaguis was Sidious' master, and Sidious killed him in his sleep.

Yep. For all we know, the loved one Plageus saved was his cat, Darth Toonces. :p

14. Lord_Alved_Pepom

Lord_Alved_Pepom Jedi Youngling star 1

May 29, 2005
    Well, I love these Plaguis plotholes, fore they are the basis for my fanfilm...haha.

STAR WARS:
    Sith Legends

MY series of Sith Legends films!

Plaguis saves himself in my film...and takes on an apprentice in Palpatine in the end...but meh, that doesnt help you all much does it? lol

It's my belief though that Plaguis created Anakin, but that whole thing is really open to what you want to believe right now, basically.

15. Carnage04

Carnage04 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 8, 2005

Hmmm. Crazy, out of nowhere idea on the rough outline of how this COULD have went.

1. Plagueis is Sids master and is researching ways to create life through the force. Sids is not living up to the potential that he expected and wants a replacement that he can raise from birth.

2. Plagueis is so infatuated with his project that he neglects Sideous so much that Sids has time to begin training Maul as his apprentice for when the time comes.

3. Plagueis informs Sids that he has indeed created life. Anakin Skywalker is concieved. The force, seeing the sith gain such power, plays it's hand and pumps the Sith Lord's creation FULL of midichlorians.

4. Plagueis refuses to teach Sidious his newfound power to keep him under control untill his rightful apprentice Anakin can take his place. Sidious, realizing he is going to be double crossed, gets the jump on Plagueis and kills him.

5. Sideous searches Holocrons of his old master. They are void of information on creating life. Sideous, angry at everyone and everything begins to plot his takeover of the galaxy.

6. Maul dies, and a fatherless Jedi with incredible power appears. Sideous knows that this boy is the only lead on finding the techniques of his old Master. He begins to draw Anakin to the dark side so that he may aid him in finding out how to use the Midi's to create/extend life.

7. Palps tells Anakin the story of Plageous, Anakin gets interested. He finds out that Sidious is plagues's apprentice and must know the power (Although he doesn't now he was the experiment.)

8. When Anakin betrays Mace, Sideous feels that he holds the key to immortality AND the galaxy in his hand in the form of Anakin. That is POWER. UNLIMITED POWER.

9. He explains that he and Anakin need to work together to find the power.

Hehe, of course I did just make all of this up. Imagination can be fun when it comes to Star Wars. I'm sure my theory is not on par with what Lucas thinks, but it would explain why the force became unbalanced (Sith Lords becoming waaay too powerful), and why Sidious is desperate to turn Anakin and later keep him alive.

Carnage

16. DarthWolvo23

DarthWolvo23 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 30, 2005
    intrestingly, the author of the new dark lord novel says he would love to write a novel on how Darth Plagueis and Qui-Gon were both looking for a different knid of immortality and only Qui-Gon achieved this.

That would be some book...

17. voodoopuuduu

voodoopuuduu Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 22, 2004
    Well, I love these Plaguis plotholes, fore they are the basis for my fanfilm...haha.

If youre going down the Plagueis creates Anakin route in your fanfilm, it would be cool show the grotesque mistakes he made before he got it right. :p

18. Carnage04

Carnage04 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 8, 2005
    It was already shown!

"Meesa Jar-Jar Binks!"

Carnage

19. TheCRZA

May 29, 2005
    How could Sideous raise Maul and be an apprentice to Plagius at the same time. Cause there are only 2 Sith no more...no less!

It seems to me that the Sith have their backup plan in place before offing
    their master. Anakin is 9, so if Plags caused his conception,
    somewhere in those 9 years and 9 months, Sidious found Maul somewhere
    and then killed Plags.

It funny, I sort of interpret TPM now as Sids sending out Maul to draw
    out the jedi, and by that means, draw out the chosen one.
    Perhaps he never knew where Plags did his dirty little did
    so Sids had to be clever to figure out where the chosen one would come from.

20. yoshifett

yoshifett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 17, 2004
  21. janstett

janstett Jedi Master star 3

May 29, 2004
    Why the whole bit with "using the Midichlorians to create life" then, since it was irrelevant to Anakin's questions? We know his mother says there was no father, and we know Anakin's midi count was off the charts.

22. sushimilk

sushimilk Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 19, 2005
    i got it!!!
    i know who he was talking about

what if he was referring to Mace??

23. Dezdmona

Dezdmona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2005
    Palpatine is a Sith and an expert at twisting the truth. He knows what Anakin wants to hear...

If you suppose for a moment that the Force created Anakin, and Palpatine knows this, being a Sith he is also well versed in midichlorians and their implications. It would be quite simple for a powerful Sith like Palps to conjure a "legend" about a Sith being "so powerful he could use the Force to influence the midichlorians to create life...He had such a knowledge of the dark side that he could even keep the ones he cared about from dying".

24. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Lucas said that either the Sith created Anakin or the Force did. There is no correct answer. But we are not talking about that. We are talking about the power to cheat death. Palpatine is refering to Darth Plaugeis, who could do it. I'm not even sure why we're debating this. Palpatine made it clear. He said that Darth Plaugeis save his loved ones from dying, in the Galaxies Theatre. He then says only one had accomplished this. He is still talking about Plagueis, because he's the only one who could do this. But Palpatine is versed in the Dark Side. He knows how to become powerful and that together, they can find out how he did it, by working together.

25. adamlee

adamlee Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 12, 2004
    yes he was talking about his master.But he doesn't have a clue how to do the same.It is just a way to get Anakin to turn.If I was Anakin,when he says the power to cheat death is something only one has achieved,but we can work together," I would have said "WHAT?? You don't know how?Time out.You told me you had the power.Where did that go? Then it would have been on probably.I just think Anakin would believe anything he said at that point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.