main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sidious, Snoke and Salacious B Crumb’s Sarcastic and Sassy Situation Saloon (Fanfic Social Thread)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Briannakin , Oct 11, 2017.

1. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    The Nashville Predators are an NHL (National Hockey League) ice hockey team. They are in the playoffs. My husband and sons are obsessed. :) Sadly, I think I might be as well. :p

Last edited: Apr 22, 2018
    brodiew and whiskers like this.
  2. whiskers

whiskers Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2005
    Nashville Predators is a team in the NHL and they're in the playoffs. I just looked at the score, and they're up by 5 points in a sport that rarely sees both teams combined hit that much.

3. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    Yeah the environment is pretty tense when she is there.
    Though I'm not sure if talking to the manager would lead to something. I'm only in the company for three weeks now and if I start complaining about a superior, I guess that would give me trouble.

4. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Anedon- I'm always terrified I'm going to miss a day of work, I check my schedule constantly. When you don't work a set schedule, it can cause some anxiety, that's for sure!

Azure- I'm sorry you still don't feel well! I understand not wanting to make your coworkers have to work any harder, I've certainly gone to work when I didn't feel well for the same reason.

I've worked all weekend so nothing fun for me, but tomorrow night I'm going to see a live taping of my favorite podcast (The West Wing Weekly) where Aaron Sorkin will be the guest! :D I'm super excited!

5. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    So jealous! I'm going to want details! Even though I'll probably listen to it in a few weeks. I'm actually not that far behind on the podcast - I've just been waiting for a special evening to listen to the Hamilton special, but I've just been so busy!

I think I'm going to try to get up early tomorrow to go up to the university for an hour or two before I have to go into town. We shall see what happens. I tried this last week to and ended up just failing epically.

mavjade and Kahara like this.
  6. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    My mini-spring break (3 days off) is over; now it's a solid 8 week run to the end of the school year. Cover me; I'm going in...:eek:

Last edited: Apr 22, 2018
    Kahara, DarthIshtar, brodiew and 5 others like this.
  7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    @};- @};- Eagerly awaiting your summer break LOL [face_relieved]

Kahara and Ewok Poet like this.
  8. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Yup, will have to clean my backlog of her stuff by then. Looks like there's enough time. :D

I'm crushing SO.HARD. I hate this. :(

Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
  9. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Amazing coincidence alert!

This weekend I had planned to watch some Star Wars Rebels but discoverd I had to buy or rent it On Demand. So, I opted instead to Watch Clone Wars on Netflix. I opted, randomly, for S5 and ended up with Saw Gerrera and sister on Onderon. Later, to my astonishment, I discovered the dvd set of REBELS season 3 which I had picked up at the library the week before (I forgot!). So, in an attempt to skip blind Kanan and Sith lured Ezra, I skipped to disc 3 and chose, randomly, a two part called 'The Ghosts of Geonosis'. More Saw! It was pretty cool for being unexpected. :cool:

Edit: @JediMaster_Jen: My brother lives locally and he watching the Predators as well. He is also big into the Nashville soccer scene.

10. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    Yeah its drving me crazy. They haven't called me today so I guess I truly had the day off.
    Tomorrow I have a shift alongside my superior again, for the first time she threatened me last week. I'm really scared what will happen tomorrow and hope she doesn't get angry with me again.

Mistress_Renata likes this.
  11. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    It's a sign... your next drabble? ;)

12. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    I didn't get up early this morning so I didn't get up to the university. BUUUUUT I decided to pack up my laptop and books so after sorting out my taxes (I didn't have to pay any this year! Yay! So the money I had put aside for that can go towards the new furnace #adulting) I decided just to head to my mom's since she wants to make some big dinner tonight (hey, I'm all for someone else giving me food this week - I'm not going grocery shopping). I'm sitting at her dining table doing my assignment while her big ugly beasty of a cat lays in my lap. I've actually gotten a surprising amount done. But this isn't getting finished before I leave, which is putting a dent in my motivation to work on it. Part of me wants to get as much done so I'm not pre-occupied by thinking about it while I'm camp. The other part of me doesn't want to work on it, get most of it done, have to take over a week off, then come back and have no idea where I was going.

Basically, I just want to procrastinate, and I know I'll be okay if I do, but I don't want the anxiety.

mavjade likes this.
  13. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I've been fighting off exhaustion from the six-day work weeks and until I get my writing groove back (Hoping to start something new on May 1), I'm doing freelance editing. The nice thing is that my past customers are recommending me to others or coming back for more, so I have a novella from a person whose novel I edited last year, due May 3 and then will edit a novel from a new face until June 1. Between those two things, I have bought my plane ticket to Los Angeles and will have enough to buy my train ticket from LA to Seattle, which is why I'm going to LA in July. I even had enough left over to get a new laptop backback and a couple of books for fun. And I'm grateful for the business. The new person had me edit 1000 words of his project and I'm glad he picked me for the job, since the premise is really fascinating.

RK_Striker_JK_5 likes this.
  14. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    The West Wing Weekly live was everything I'd hoped, It was hilarious and at times really touching. I'd never been to a live of a podcast before, it was really fun to watch and I have no idea how they are going to get the 2 hours down to around 1, there wasn't anything I'd cut.

Not only was Aaron Sorkin there as advertised, but Emily Procter (an actress that had a recurring role) was also there. Sorkin said (before he knew she was there) that not giving her a main role before she took a role on another show was his biggest regret.

This basically sums up my life. I procrastinate, then I get really anxious because I've done so, then I get worked up about it and can't concentrate so I procrastinate more. You'd think I'd eventually learn not to procrastinate, but nope, not yet.

15. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    I'm glad it was fun! Some of their other podcasts have been around the 90 minute mark, so maybe they wouldn't cut that much out? You'll have to tell me in you notice anything missing.

Interesting! I say, amazing as the reoccurring/guest actors were, it's a bit disappointing that they were so good, some of them ended up getting other full time gigs or just had other responsibilities. I haven't listened to last week's yet, but Marlee Matlin made an appearance and she apparently mentions something similar (that they wanted her to appear more but she just couldn't make it work).

Yeah. I also don't want to catch the infamous "camp-crud" and come home super sick and be anxious on top of that. But, of course, I blew my chance last week to be done this before I left.

16. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Some news headlines are strange.

MSN page that somehow became a default on my computer has Nasa Can't Explain Strange Ice Circles In Arctic Sea.

Well, for a start, don't ask a Space Administration about sea stuff! Ask someone with "Oceanographic" in their title.

Muppets.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  17. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    Glad it was everything you'd hoped! :) Emily Proctor played Ainsley, didn't she? Loved that character. :D

So excited!:D My mom just sent me a text letting me know she purchased tickets for the two of us and my sister to see Stomp, School of Rock and The Color Purple on stage at the Hollywood Pantages threatre. [face_dancing]I adore stage productions and have since I was a child. Some of my favorite memories before we moved to the States are of my mom taking my sisters and I to the Palace Theatre in London. When we moved to California, we started going to the Pantages, but I haven't been in years.

mavjade likes this.
  18. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I seems unable to focus on really anything, right now. I can't concentrate on studding; I can't write; reading is something I do for two pages before doing something else; I seems incapable to create a system where I search for work; when I do something on the computer it become ten different things at the same time and then I feel like I have done nothing but stupid stuff. [face_sigh]

19. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Same here. O____O

Yet I have all this raw energy. GAH.

Gamiel likes this.
  20. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I love the Pantages theater! It's where I saw Wicked twice. I've got 200 days until I see Harry Potter and the Cursed Child on Broadway and the only thing keeping me sane is that I'm getting close to my trip to Seattle in July.

And @JediMaster_Jen, I love Ainsley Hayes! (If I'm remembering the right Emily Procter.) One of my favorite episodes with her is where she and Sam debate the logical fallacy of the ERA.

21. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    Oh, I love Wicked! Saw it at the Gershwin Theatre in New York way back in 2003 with Joel Gray, Kristin Chenoweth and Idina Menzel. It's coming back to the Pantages later this year. :) Definitely one of my absolute favorites. Harry Potter and the Cursed Child is also fantastic. The young actors who played Albus Potter and Scorpius Malfoy were amazing! I think they are returning for the Broadway production.:)

I adore that episode, too! :D

Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
    DarthIshtar likes this.
  22. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    I saw Hamilton at the Pantages theatre! So amazing - both the show and the theatre. The highlight of my trip to LA!

Ugh, I totally understand the inability to focus on anything. That was me all last week. I have to tidy the house and then sit down to work on my assignment some more but I'm wondering if it's worth the trek to the library or if I should attempt to get something done at home.

Mistress_Renata likes this.
  23. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    Not having a good day. I have the day off for a dentist appt, so I should be delighted to loaf! But it is cold & gray & going to rain, and after getting scolded for not wearing a night guard and not flossing properly, I am told that I have decay under a filling, so I need a crown. And if I let it go, I will need a root canal (shades of Peri & the Emperor!) They were going to give me an insurance quote (which won't be pretty), only I'd forgotten that my office switched our dental, so I had to look up the info when I cam home. And they didn't give us individual ID numbers, so more confusion.

THEN, after filling my gas tank and discovering how high gas prices had gone up since the last time :(, I went to pick up a UPS package from the delivery point, only to find out that it hadn't been delivered to the delivery point (although the slip they left for me said it had); instead they are apparently shipping it back to the shipper directly from the routing center. :mad::mad::mad:So the shipper will have to re-ship it!!! It's their mistake, not mine, I've got the slip proving that it wasn't sent to the right place.

I am too depressed to get a pro pedicure now (especially if the cost of the new crown is what I think it will be!) and I think I'll just huddle under a quilt with a kitty for the rest of the day, pouting.

24. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Well, I have some good news for my job. I work at the local Walmart, out back, sort of a mini Walmart.com. For the past few days, thanks to some SNAFUs, we didn't have any boxes to ship product in, so we didn't get any orders. Well, finally, our boxes came this afternoon.

25. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Ugh. Sorry to hear about your absolute horrible day @Mistress_Renata - I hate dentistry work and I hate mail confusions (I have a tale about a package getting sent to South America) possibly even more. I support your decision to wrap yourself in a quilt and cuddle with a kitty.

As predicted, I've gotten some stuff accomplished today, but I'm not being nowhere near productive as I could be. The distant due date is really just making me lazy. Plus I keep getting interrupted. Some of it is important (travel planning), some of it, not so much.

Mistress_Renata and Ewok Poet like this.