main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sidious, Snoke and Salacious B Crumb’s Sarcastic and Sassy Situation Saloon (Fanfic Social Thread)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Briannakin , Oct 11, 2017.

1. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    Had a pretty okay, if exsausting, day at work today. My superior was in a better mood today and even had a few nice words for me when I left.
    Though she still keeps insiting that I need to get faster on certain tasks, I really hope I can improve in that regard.

divapilot and Mistress_Renata like this.
  2. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Yep, she played Ainsley. I too loved her, she was a great character! My (and Bri's) headcanon is that she and Sam got married because they were perfect for each other.
    Oh... I have yet to see School of Rock. It's on my list but all these other limited engagements keep happening and it gets pushed back because it probably won't leave Broadway for awhile.

Sorry about the crappy day Mistress_Renata. [:D]

Striker- Glad you got the boxes! Nothing is worse than not having what you need to do your job! We've been having that problem at work recently, things not stocked and not there when we need them. We had to crack the crash cart (the cart we use when there's a big emergency)the other day for something because we didn't have it in stock. We're not supposed to do that, but we really didn't have a choice.

Anedon- You'll get faster, don't worry. I hope they are just letting you know that eventually you'll need to be faster, they can't expect you to be fully up to speed yet. That's not a realistic goal.

RK_Striker_JK_5 and Anedon like this.
  3. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    So, I need to repent for having committed a deadly sin. O_O

[face_rofl][face_rofl][face_rofl]

4. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    @Mistress_Renata I was told the same thing by my dentist. Fortunately I didn't need the root canal, but I need to get the crown so I wont have to. I got the temporary cap on a week ago. I come home and after eating I bushed my teeth and flossed...and I popped that cap right off. It was 4:15 pm. I call them up and they said, "Hurry up and get here before we close." I made it just in time (although they may have waited). He popped it back on and told me not to floss around that tooth. I get my permanent crown in a week. The last time I got a crown it was over $1000 because I didn't have insurance. I got insurance and this crown is going to cost me $600.

Sith-I-5 and Mistress_Renata like this.
  5. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    My guess is gluttony. ;) That's the one I'm always guilty of. Indulged it today by making myself a Carribean inspired chicken-mango curry! Then sulked under the quilt with a kitty.

That's my guess, too, @Jedi_Lover, although as I said, my employer switched to a new dental insurance provider, so who knows? And of course, I'm still paying the CC bill for the car repairs in March... cheap thrills and staycations for a while... [face_sigh] At least fanfic is free!

Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
    Ewok Poet likes this.
  6. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    LOL, nah. I spent more than a month lusting over a married man. :p But seriously, he's got a beautiful wife and two adorbs kiddos. Now I just hope that he never finds out that I had lusted on him.

It was not much about how he looks, more about the vibe he gives away and he's chill and stuff, while I'm fire.

I'd still like to be pals with him, he seems tolerant of weird people in general. Quite educated, too. :)

I also learned a lesson - I need to go for chill types because I'm not chill. Now, if there only were guys IRL like the kind guys in this thread.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
  7. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Those large unexpected expenses seem to come in pairs. Three weeks ago I had to get my brakes replaced. That was $450. This is after I spent over a thousand dollars on a Spring Break mini-vacation. Luckily I am now employed. I needed to get a job. My Stay-at-home mom pay wasn't cutting it. :p

8. Thorn058

Thorn058 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 28, 2008
    Sadly the Preds won the president''s trophy which is pretty much the kiss of death in the playoffs. No team that has won it has advanced to the Stanley Cup Finals in years. That being said I wouldn't mind seeing the Penguins beat them for the Cup for another year. Just teasing Let's Go Pens.

JediMaster_Jen likes this.
  9. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    I hate the Penguins. Actually, I hate all Pittsburgh sports teams. Most of them have been known to play dirty and their fans are typically the worst in their respective sports. Now if only my Cincinnati sports teams could figure out how to win a playoff round...

10. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Sorry to hear you had such a bad day, @Mistress_Renata . Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day for you.[:D]

Some is so much better than nothing, though.:)

You will. :D They can't, or at least shouldn't expect you to be up to speed right out of the gate.

I like that headcanon!! They were adorable together. :D I miss that show.

Sad, but true.:( I think the last time a President's Trophy winner won the Cup was the Blackhawks years ago and it was a shortened season.[face_sigh] I can dream, though.

The San Francisco Giants fans are pretty brutal, particularly when you're in their park as a Dodger fan. [face_worried] Was actually a little scary.

@Ewok Poet What's one little sin?;)

11. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  12. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Findswoman likes this.
  13. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
  14. CaraJinn

CaraJinn Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 8, 2018
    No typing today. 18 hours of work yesterday (left work 00:50) and then back at work 07:00 this morning for 10 more hours. Ouch... Keep wondering why it's always me that ends up with the crazy long evenings while the "youths" in their 20's and 30's tend to go home at 16:00?

Bah! I mean Z-z-z-z-z-z-z [face_tired]

15. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    @CaraJinn - Whoa, I never knew you were older than me! :eek: I hope you're getting a bonus for this!

16. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    Thanks @mavjade, @JediMaster_Jen

That sounds exhausting @CaraJinn
    Here in germany there must be 11 hours of resting between the workshifts, I think.

My day a work was pretty good today, as I managed to get my work done pretty much in time and my superior had, for once nothing to complain.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
    Mistress_Renata and Ewok Poet like this.
  17. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    It's pretty damned sad for me every time I receive an "Everything must go!' email from Toys'R'Us. :(

18. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    I highly doubt it. There have been rumours of Mara Jade coming back since Disney bought LF. I mean, they might bring her back in some form for the books/a TV show, but I don't think she'll be in any episodes. Plus, I really feel that Luke's (main) story is over.

I went up to the library today, worked on my assignment for a bit and really got then feeling I was just going in the wrong direction (there is no way I can present a reasoned argument with evidence for this in 2000 words). So I did what I should have done 2 weeks ago and sent an email to my prof for some guidance/feedback on my plan. Then I just had to go for a walk to clear my head. I think I'm just going to take the next 2 days (and next week) off and just look at it again when I get back. UGH. I feel like the past 2 weeks have just been an epic fail.

Mistress_Renata likes this.
  19. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Aww, a nice positive story in the news.

Some guy wanted to jump off a Detroit overpass. Police decided that they weren't having it, and guided 13 trucks to park under the bridge, on all the lanes, so he couldn't do it.

=D= to the cops, and the truckers.

20. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    A week and a half into my new job and loving it so far.

21. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    I hadn't seen that, but I'm not going to hold my breath. There have been too many rumors of her return for me to think anything of it at this point.

@CaraJinn - Ugh... that's crazy! Is this work that someone else could help with so you don't have to do such crazy hours?

Bri- I hope you get feedback that the work you've already done isn't in the complete wrong direction!

Striker- I know! It makes me pretty sad. :(

Nehru- I'm glad you are still loving your job!

22. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    I'm pretty sure most of what I have can be salvaged, but major reorganization probably has to be done so I kinda don't want to work on it anymore. Maybe (hopefully?) I'll come back with fresh eyes and actual direction. Though if she gets back to me before Saturday, I may bring my textbook and spend my "down time" working on it without internet... or a computer. If I have any room.

Which brings me to my annual sleeping-bag VS quilts debacle. I'll be sleeping in a semi-heated cabin, so warmth isn't necessary a factor. It's room in the car down that's the issue. Space is at a premium, especially in my vehicle (it's a Kia Soul, so it could be worse) since we also have my wheelchair. My quilts/sheet in a bag (I'm using the bag my duvet came in) certainly takes up more room than my packed sleeping bag. However, I HATE sleeping bags. I hate nylon, I hate fitting it into it's tiny bag, and I hate sleeping in them. But I always feel so bad for my luggage taking up so much room. I pack as lightly as I can, but I also need to pack medical supplies and whatnot. I know I shouldn't feel bad (because it is my vehicle), but if you saw how we were squashed in last year, you'd understand.

23. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    I really hope it's not true. Without Luke, just...why?:(

I got exhausted just reading that!:eek:

Good for you!=D=

It's a piece of my childhood dying with the closing of this store. :_|:_|

That's terrific! :D

Anedon likes this.
  24. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    Bri- Can you get one of those roll up space/compression bags and put your quilt and sheets in it? I use those for my disaster team for just about everything and it saves a ton of space.

I feel you on the hating sleeping bags! I can't sleep well when I'm that confined and I too hate the nylon feel. I basically have to use them for my disaster team, but I do everything I can to make it more comfortable. I usually unzip it (unless it's really cold, and sometimes even when it is) and use a sarong that I travel with between me and the sleeping bag.

And let me tell you, traveling with that sarong is the best idea I've ever had, I never travel without it now. I've used it as a blanket on a plane, as something to block out the light, as a pillow, as a way to humidify the air I was breathing on a super long flight, and when I was deployed, it just made my space look so much more like home.

25. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Hmmmm. Good call on the space saving bag. Never thought of that. Perhaps I'll run out tomorrow to look for one (not sure how much space it will save, but we will probably take what we can get!). I wonder if having my pillow (it's an expensive memory foam pillow!) in one will damage it any way.

FINALLY SOMEONE WHO AGREES WITH ME! I actually had to use my sleeping bag on New Year's this year (sharing a bed with another person in a sleeping bag, but it was for only one night and we weren't sleeping much anyways). Uggg. Just sends shivers down my spine. I used my sleeping bag the first time I went to this camp and did the same thing as you described. I bought one that the inside material doesn't bother me too much (but darn it, WHY MUST ALL SLEEPING BAGS BE NYLON on the outside) so I lined the bunk with a sheet, unzipped the sleeping bag, and kinda covered the outside with a other small blanket I had.

Last year I just brought bedding and it just felt like home. BUUUUT riding down was rather uncomfortable (at one point I had my wheelchair frame on my lap for a few hours but that's a long story).

In high school I started traveling with super big, super stretchy waterfall cardigans since you can take them off and kinda use them as a blanket, but a sarong is such a good idea!

Last edited: Apr 26, 2018