main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sidious, Snoke and Salacious B Crumb’s Sarcastic and Sassy Situation Saloon (Fanfic Social Thread)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Briannakin , Oct 11, 2017.

1. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Unto Leviathan, novel, by Richard Paul Russo. Turns into an eventual sci-fi horror.

Countless Doctor Who episodes, eg. the second Amy Pond one with the space whale: The Beast Below.

Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy sent the hairdressers out first, just a spaceship full of them, and maybe the people who clean telephones.

Nehru_Amidala and yahiko like this.
  2. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000

If you're going for animated, WALL-E immediately came to my mind. What about that one with Jennifer Lawrence? (Passengers...thanks, IMDB!)

Another cartoon, Titan A.E.

yahiko likes this.
  3. yahiko

yahiko Jedi Master star 2

Nov 12, 2015
    Sith-I-5: Unto Leviathan (La Nef des fous in French) seems fitting very well to what I am looking for. Great! :)

Meanwhile, I've started reading The Last of the Mohicans for feeling, a little bit, what an extinction of a people is.

EDIT:
    Mistress_Renata: Havent watched WALL-E and Passengers yet, but will do. Thanks!
    Also, this could be a good idea to watch again Titan A.E, I really enjoyed this animated movie when I was younger.

4. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    I haven't seen Passengers, so can't give an opinion on that. But WALL-E is utterly brilliant!

Nehru_Amidala and yahiko like this.
  5. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Sorry when I am not an alert fanfic reader since weeks, Kurisan, CairnsTony, Chyntuck, Lady_Misty, gizkaspice, @Neru_Amidala
    and other great fanfic writers in here.

I also have trouble to update my own stuff.

My father, who turned 80 recently, is very ill.

Otherwise I am fine. The new position is fun. I enjoy myself immensely with the kids and my able colleagues.

6. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    Thank you so much for the compliment AzureAngel2 and so sorry to hear about your father... wishing you and him all good fortune over the coming days. [face_good_luck]

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  7. gizkaspice

gizkaspice Force Ghost star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    Please don't feel the need to apologize for not reading things/updating things AzureAngel2 --Family always needs to come first and you need to focus on spending time with your dad right now and making sure he gets better! I will have him in my prayers and I hope his condition will improve.

Gamiel and AzureAngel2 like this.
  8. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Thanks, CairnsTony & gizkaspice, but I am not with my family this weekend.

Well, since my husband became slightly ill due to a bug that I caught at the kindergarten and brought home for the weekend, it is also better that we are not in my home town. I got ill during Yoga class last evening and DarthUncle started to have problems two hours before we meant to walk out of the apartment for the local monthly SW dinner.

Gamiel likes this.
  9. whiskers

whiskers Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2005
    I'm sorry to hear about your father, AzureAngel2. I'm hoping for the best for him.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  10. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Family first AzureAngel2 and prayers that your father will get better and things at work will get better. [:D]

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  11. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Eek, I hope your father gets better soon AzureAngel2! Maybe you can go and visit next week, when your kindergarten-induced bug goes away?

To make you laugh a little, I'll tell you that I read this:
    ... as "I got ill during Yoda's class", and I was beginning to wonder what you guys are up to in Germany :p

whiskers I hope you feel better soon!

AzureAngel2 and Nehru_Amidala like this.
  12. whiskers

whiskers Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2005
    I am feeling a little better. At least for the cold. The giant, hacking coughs of my asthma are still here, though. I missed what was my last day of work, though. I feel bad about it, but at least my boss understood (the doctor's note my mom ran in while I was getting my prescriptions filled helped).

13. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Hope your Dad recovers okay, AzureAngel2

I saw the Thor movie, and I thought it was incredibly funny, much more than the other Marvel offerings.

Never heard of the director before, but Marvel should use him again. Refreshing also, to hear another New Zealand(?) accent.

Some great characters and writing.

Mistress_Renata and AzureAngel2 like this.
  14. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I hope your Dad gets better soon Azure! [:D]

I saw Thor the other day as well and really enjoyed it. I agree that the music was fantastic and it was really funny!

15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Dear AzureAngel2 - wishing for the best for you as well.
    @leaimoody -- insurers and the SSA are totally not in it for the consumer/patient. :rolleyes: Friends of my family had to undergo treatments for serious illnesses or chronic conditions and still had to wrangle with the insurers about copays, reimbursements, etc., on top of having to deal with the physical/emotional anxieites of having a serious illness. :eek:

~~~!!

Cool stuff, a new Thor movie. Maybe that wil spark the amazing Mira_Jade -- who is awesome with the Si/Loki and Thor fics. @};-

Nehru_Amidala likes this.
  16. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    I am in deep trouble now because I posted my worries on facebook.

Nehru_Amidala likes this.
  17. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    AzureAngel2

Various places here, are a better outlet than Facebook. Some connections are out of our control, when "friends" of Friends, can see your content.

As for anyone showing negativity for you, remember your lesson from "I-Division": frag the arms.

DarthUncle and AzureAngel2 like this.
  18. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Oh, for heaven's sake.

Board went down while I was trying to post.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  19. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
  20. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
  21. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Anyway, thanks everybody for your kindness!

22. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    Me, three. It was great, one of the best entrees! Really good characterization. Thor, as a character, has grown so much over his series of movies, from a spoiled, sort of stuck up warmongering lunk to a thoughtful leader, who is not afraid to make sacrifices.

Today I have been lazy. I have done nothing. NO-THING! I lay on the couch and played on my phone, then I read fanfiction on my phone, then watched TV, then took a nap. I meant to go out and buy some long sleeve T shirts to replace some of mine which are getting holey and pilly, but... I'M NOT GONNA!

I might, maaaaaybe be inspired to make dinner later. Because I've got winter squash that needs to be used up. But that might be it. :cool:

Warm thoughts to you, AzureAngel2; I hope your dad improves soon!

AzureAngel2 and Chyntuck like this.
  23. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Thank you!

24. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    I'm sorry to hear about your dad AzureAngel, and all the family drama just makes it worse.

I completely agree with Sith-I-5. Sometimes I just love the sorta "anonymity" of this place. We know each-other, but its separate from all other connections.

25. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Shenanigans were had yesterday. Pay attention to the time zone designations: A friend of mine who lives in Columbus, Ohio left home at 5:00 AM EDT, picked up a rental car at the airport, and drove to Xenia, Ohio, to pick me up at about 7:00 AM EDT, and we drove through Indiana and Chicago to arrive at Six Flags Great America in Gurnee, Illinois, at 12:10 PM CDT.

The park was completely dead, with absolutely no lines for anything due to the weather, which was 45°F and a consistent drizzle. It didn't take us long to ride all of the adult roller coasters (except X-Flight, which never opened), but as we were sitting on the Joker, waiting for our restraints to be checked at 3:40 PM CDT, we heard an announcement over the P.A. system that the park would be closing at 4:00 PM CDT due to lack of attendance. We were not impressed at getting only four hours in the park after driving for nearly eight hours to get there. We squeezed in a couple of re-rides, then complained about the early closing at Guest Relations (which was lined up out the door with people complaining) before walking out to the rental car.

We left the parking lot at about 4:30 PM CDT and went to a nearby Cracker Barrel for dinner, then left there at 6:00 PM CDT and headed toward Chicago. After spending half an hour trying to find an inexpensive place to park (and getting repeatedly honked at by rude drivers because we didn't know where we were going), we walked into Millennium Park in search of this:

[​IMG]

Yes, that is a statue of a bean, and yes, that's me facing the camera in the bottom center of the photo. Don't ask me why the Bean exists. It just does. There have recently been a number of joke Facebook events floating around involving the Bean, including "Pee on the Bean", "Windex the Bean", and "Indict the bean for treason against the United States".

On the way out of the park, I noticed that fog was settling in, so I stopped and took a couple of pictures of the fog obscuring the tops of skyscrapers:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

We then escaped Chicago and hit the highway to come home. We took the Chicago Skyway in hopes of getting some good views, but by that time the fog was so thick that we can barely see the cars in front of us. We made a gas stop at 12:35 AM EDT and a couple of rest area stops, first at about 1:30 AM EDT and then again an hour later at about 1:30 AM EST. (Yay time change!) I finally got home at 2:40 AM EST, and my friend drove back to Columbus, returned the rental car, and got home at 5:30 AM EST (the delay being that he had to wait for the rental car place to open because he needed to discuss some damage resulting from hitting a high curb at a rest stop on the way to Illinois).

And that's the story of how I day-tripped an amusement park two (nearly three, since it was almost to Wisconsin) states away. Since I already had a Six Flags season pass from a trip to Georgia this past spring, the total cost to me (my half of the rental car, gas, tolls, and downtown parking) was $24 plus my meal at Cracker Barrel.