main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sidious, Snoke and Salacious B Crumb’s Sarcastic and Sassy Situation Saloon (Fanfic Social Thread)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Briannakin , Oct 11, 2017.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Agree with Kurisan @Anedon @};- @};- And it is likely that others have experienced the same thing with this same supervisor unless they just left or were let go :eek: without filing official grievances.

2. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    Thanks @Kurisan, @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha I have talked with collegues about this, and they say they are expiriencing the same problems, in fact one of the reasons our section is understaffed is our superior has scared quite a few workers of. Some have moved to other sections, other quit the job completly. Though apparently we can´t do much about it as our superior gets results in and she acts all nice around the higher ups so they don´t call her out on her behavior. I´m pretty scared right now and I expect to get angry phone calls for my absense tomorrow.

AzureAngel2 and Lady_Misty like this.
  3. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Everything went better than expected this week. All three things. Perfect. EP is happy and recharged. :)

4. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    Nice to hear everything went well for you @Ewok Poet

I´ve now talked about my worries to my father and my best friend and they calmed me down a bit and assured me that it will all be okay and those pictures aren´t really a big deal. I really hope they are right.

AzureAngel2 and Ewok Poet like this.
  5. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    I get to work, learn two people in my department ship-from-store called out. Okay, survivable. then I learn my supervisor called out. Yeah... was a pretty stressful day for me. Fortunately, I work with great people. And we managed to get it into high-gear and get it done.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Happy you got encouraged Anedon, and whew handled the workday well Striker, and Poet -- [face_dancing] very glad you're feeling recharged @};- FEW things top outcomes being better than expected. :cool:

AzureAngel2, Anedon and Ewok Poet like this.
  7. CaraJinn

CaraJinn Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 8, 2018
    Life has it's ups and downs. This weekend I was at a school reunion. Meeting people you haven't met in 30 years or is really fun when you notice that we connect as easily as if we saw each other a couple of weeks ago. On the other hand, just before leaving for the reunion I was informed that one of my aunts had passed. Thus, funeral next weekend.

8. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    So sorry to hear about your aunt, @CaraJinn. I totally agree about the old friends thing; I just met up with an old friend from high school who was in town for her reunion. It was so great trying to catch up. In some ways, it was even better... back in high school, we were friends but we were also rivals, jockeying for grades, etc. Now, we're both in different places in our lives, there is no competition, we can just relax and enjoy each other. She is super smart, with a dry wit, and we have very similar tastes in books, movies, etc. I can talk in a sort of shorthand to her, and she gets it.

My minor peeve for the day: weather is SWELTERING, hot and very, VERY humid, like a big sauna. To compensate, building management in our office CRANKED the AC. I was at my desk huddled under a small woolen shawl I keep there. Ridiculous! On the plus side, when I stepped out into the sauna, ready to go home, the heat felt so goooooood...

Last edited: Jun 18, 2018
  9. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Ah, damn. I'm sorry about your aunt, @CaraJinn .[:D]

10. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    My condolences, @CaraJinn.

I just biked for ~30 kilometres. I'm still a bit peeved with a bunch of people around me, but I hope that will stop.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
  11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    @Ewok Poet -- @};- Kudos for keeping up the fitness routine of cycling. :cool: Wonderful that you see that others around you are annoying but that you have the choice to NOT let them continue to get on your last nerve :rolleyes: [:D]

@CaraJinn -- a mixed bag for sure, seeing old friends coinciding with the loss of your aunt. :( Any time we lose someone it leaves a hole in our lives that's them-shaped but when we get to the place when we can remember them with laughter and :* -- that's a sweet milestone.

@Mistress_Renata -- hearing you about the STEAMY sauna ... gets that way in mid-May around here and lasts waaaay too long :eek:

AzureAngel2 and Ewok Poet like this.
  12. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    It started in April here. Somehow. I don't even understand it.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  13. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    @Ewok Poet: Will you also take part in the Tour de France? That sounds an amazing lot you cycled that day.

@CaraJinn: My condolences! @};-

@Anedon: Weiterhin viel Kraft und Mut! [face_good_luck]

@Mistress_Renata: The Victoria water lily lives in a sort of a sauna. I can´t believe we cued up to see her twice on Saturday night. But her current blossoms are a miracle. And the leaves! Amazing! But I never would put any of my creché kiddos on it. Promised!

@DarthUncle: Now I am yours for the rest of the evening! O:)Silly internet!

14. CaraJinn

CaraJinn Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 8, 2018

Thanks to all of you. Death is a part of life, and even though the familiy will miss my aunt she did express the wish to die in the end. Her health was deteriorating through the last months of her life. That makes it simpler to accept. My final greeting to her will be to be one of the six persons carrying the casket, and if my cousin is not able to hold the speech, I have promised to step in on short notice if needed.

Yes, it became a weird combination, but the reunion was really fun. All the years since the last time we saw each other disappeared in the moment we met and we were suddenly 23 again.

15. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    Thanks @AzureAngel2
    Thankfully things went pretty well yesterday though tomorrow at work my superior will be there as well and I really hope she doesn´t cause me trouble because of this.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  16. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    My condolences and I hope it will be a genial funeral

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  17. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    Ooo, is this one of those massive ones with leaves that look like you could make a life raft out of them? Lovely!!

AzureAngel2 and DarthUncle like this.
  18. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    I, too, am sorry to hear about your aunt, @CaraJinn. I wish you and your family the best.

19. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    That's too ambitious, even for me. :D Then again, Belgrade is hilly...

I've done 141 km in June so far. I plan to hit 200-250 if I can and I'm planning a 50 km ride at some point. I need to hit that milestone, I was so close last week when I did 44 km! Might go to one of the nearby villages on the Srem side (Batajnica, Novi Banovci, Stara Pazova) and back. :)

20. DarthUncle

DarthUncle Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 20, 2005
    Yes it is, the leaves can hold a weight of up to 50kg, ie. a kid can stand/sit on it, and they are up to two meters in diameter. They have two plants in the 'sauna' as @AzureAngel2 called it (maybe more like one of those tropical swimming pools ;).

Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
  21. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  22. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    I'm rereading the X-wing series. Do you have any idea what I would've done for a line of figures from that series?

AzureAngel2 and mavjade like this.
  23. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    The past week I've been in California for my soon to be nephew's Bar Mitzvah. I expected to have a decent amount of down time... boy was I wrong! Starting Thursday there were family events every day through Monday. (The Sunday night/Monday day wasn't an official part of the weekend, but we were invited to do something with them, so we did.)

My favorite part was at the party Saturday night where there was a silent disco. (Everyone dancing has on headphones so no one outside of that can hear the music.) Not only did it feel really freeing, kinda like you were on your own in an area full of people, but it was fascinating to watch people dance when you can't hear the music. They do them in Central Park on occasion, I may have to go!

I'm sorry to hear about your aunt Carajinn. :(

24. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    That sounds a bitt strange to me but at the same time practical

25. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Sorry to hear about your aunt Carajinn.

Glad you had a great time Mav! I've heard about silent discos and they seem interesting.

I actually just got home from a trip as well, where, yeah, as Mav knows, I got a lot less down time than I had expected to get. I went to my school's summer session and had so much fun meeting my profs and working with my fellow distance learners. We all became friends so quickly and almost everyday after 8 hours of lectures we all ended up going out for dinner and drinks afterwards and just spent hours talking. I was actually gone for almost 2 weeks and actually just got back home last night, after 19 hours of travelling (plus a thunderstorm almost prevented us from getting home). Needless to say, I'm so tired, I have so much laundry and all I want to do is sleep.