main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sidious, Snoke and Salacious B Crumb’s Sarcastic and Sassy Situation Saloon (Fanfic Social Thread)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Briannakin , Oct 11, 2017.

1. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    I should be working on the essay that's due Wednesday (which is now tomorrow). Instead, I spent the last three hours renaming and reorganizing all of the photos I have taken over the past six years. Every file is now named with the date and time it was taken and a string identifying the camera (usually whatever smartphone I had at the time), and all of the files have been moved out of the random folders scattered everywhere in my Dropbox and sorted into a folder for each year, and within that, a folder for each month.

2. ThisIsMe1138

ThisIsMe1138 Chosen One star 6

Jun 26, 2018
    ...well. That's impressive @jcgoble3 ... ;) You want to sort out my stuff next?

AzureAngel2, teamhansolo and jcgoble3 like this.
  3. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    Thanks @gizkaspice, @mavjade, @Jedi_Lover
    Today my coworker let me now that my superior now demands of me that when I can get the work done quicker I have to come ealier. So I really tried to be quicker today and I, somewhat succeded at it and my coworker seem to have at least acknowledged that. Though I think I will still go there a bit earlier tomorrow so its a bit more relaxed and I have a bit more time. I´m at least glad I didn´t got into any major trouble and I hope my superior won´t pressure me even more.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  4. ThisIsMe1138

Jun 26, 2018
    Yeah, don't worry, @Anedon :) I mean, I don't work, so I can't say for sure, but everyone else sounds right. :)

AzureAngel2 and Anedon like this.
  5. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    @jcgoble3 - I found when I was in school I'd do all sorts of things I'd put off to keep from doing school work. Suddenly I'd want to clean, organize things, and my muse was in overdrive! Being in school is great for getting other things done! :p
    But that's awesome to have them all organized!

@Anedon - Your coworker let you know that your supervisor says you have to come in early? If it didn't come directly from your supervisor, I'd double check with them. I obviously don't know about the work laws where you are, but here they'd have to pay you for that, and every job I've ever worked wouldn't be willing to do that if you are being paid by the hour. The last 3 places I've worked, we get in trouble if we stay late too often to finish work that is mandatory, and by often I mean more than once or twice.

I'm not trying to make you more nervous about it, but I just don't want you to show up early and get in trouble, if it didn't come directly from your supervisor.

6. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Yesterday, I found out that the show where we all were invited to, on a boat, was postponed to AUGUST 24TH. I have insider info straight from you-know-who that there will be a huge one, where the singer of the band whose show was postponed will be performing with our boys on AUGUST 19TH, at this incredibly huge yearly event. Now I have to wait for that! Of course, it would be lovely if the Beatles tribute band suddenly did a thing somewhere, but it's highly unlikely at this point, because the main band is in the studio, recording the second album for an autumn release. So, yeah, I'll be a strong person who has a beautiful platonic connection with a gorgeous and overall fascinating man and not some teenybopper kiddo who's all like OMGZORZ HE SO KUTE LOL!1!!.

Still, I was annoyed, so I couldn't eat my lunch (it was nasty), I jumped on my bike, went to get my refund, rode to the KFC near the river island and got food to pig out. Then I spread my beach towel with my bike in front of me, ate all my food and took a dip. I have not swum since, like, August 30th 2016, the last full day in Nea Anchialos. It was great. :)

On my way back, I photographed and filmed this blues duo in front of the Youth Centre of Belgrade. They were great, but I went away after fifteen minutes - my ex, J. was in the audience

Overall, I did 20 km of biking and about 300 metres of swimming. I'm happy.

Of course, was dog-tired today.

Some pics under the spoiler.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

While @jcgoble3 is at it, he could do some work in my name, because I freak out at the possibility of things going wrong even before I actually find a client.

Welcome, @ThisIsMe1138. :) Some of us are a bit slow catching up (e.g. me :p), but this is the best social thread ever.

AzureAngel2, Lady_Misty and divapilot like this.
  7. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Yeah, that sounds a little sketchy to me. Do you have a time card that you have to punch when you start work? If so, then you really need to verify with your supervisor that (1) you really have to come in early and (2) is it going to be paid work. You don't want to start clocking in early without permission.

I usually come into work 30-45 minutes early without pay, but I am not doing work. I am getting prepared for work so I can start immediately. The reason I do this is I am a bit slow because it is a new job. If that is what they are asking then I don't see a problem. As long as you are not doing work, but getting organized and ready to work. Does that make sense?

Oh, by the way, @Anedon your supervisor told me to tell you that you need to give me $100. ;)

Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
  8. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Forgive me if I'm jumping to conclusions @Anedon , and correct me if I'm remembering wrong, but this is just a job to get you though school, correct? So it is safe to assume this is far from any of your co-worker's dream job. They, like you, are just doing it for the money, and none really have any passion/interest in this line of work (which if fine, people who say you have to love your job are just delusional). Your coworkers likely are less than smitten with the job and sometimes people get crabby and snap in those kinds of situations. I wouldn't take it personally.

And I agree with the others, definitely check with the supervisor about coming in early.

9. teamhansolo

teamhansolo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    Well that sounds like a pretty cool day. :):)

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  10. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  11. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Okay, so - 21:15 Central European time on August 19th, 2018 will be the time Ewok Poet loses the last remains of her ability to even and literally even. [face_nail_biting][face_nail_biting][face_nail_biting]

No way, they're mine. :p

AzureAngel2 and Anedon like this.
  12. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    Thanks @ThisIsMe1138, @mavjade, @Jedi_Lover, @Briannakin
    I have checked it and yeah the suggestion for me to come half an hour earlier, at least until I get used to this particular task came indeed from my superior, so she has no idea of the $100. ;)
    My coworker was a bit nicer today and kinda appologized for her harsh words the last two days. This time instead of working soley on our respective tasks we worked together first on mine then on hers which went considerably quicker and with less stress.

Tomorrow I will have my first day off from work since two weeks, which I´m very happy about.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2018
  13. ThisIsMe1138

Jun 26, 2018
  14. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Do anybody else here read Belzebub by JP Ahonen?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    hahah... that's great Gamiel! I've never read it, but it looks like fun!
    I have to agree with the "wrong shade of black" one. There are green blacks and blue blacks and red blacks and they don't match at all!

AzureAngel2 and Findswoman like this.
  16. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Yes! As a quilter, blacks can drive me up the wall, trying to find the right one to match the other fabrics.

Though blacks aren't as bad as whites. I haven't really started any new quilting projects lately because I bought some fabric online all from the same line, but I need a plain off-white to match AND I CAN'T FREAKIN FIND ANYTHING TO MATCH.

17. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    you can find more of it at the authors twiter and instagram, or if you just google it

AzureAngel2, mavjade and Ewok Poet like this.
  18. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2018
  19. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    I spent all night assembling our wedding invitations! We still have about 15 to do tomorrow, mostly because we have to get more stamps.
    I've never been one to plan my whole wedding since I was little, but I have always wanted wax seals, so that part was taking a bit of time.
    [​IMG]
    This isn't an envelope, it's a little folder because we had more than just the standard invitation, response card, and response envelope. This then goes inside an envelope because with modern postal methods, they will most likely tear a wax seal off that's on the outside.

[​IMG]
    Close up of the seal. Sorry it's blurry, my camera wouldn't focus that closely.

20. CaraJinn

CaraJinn Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 8, 2018
    OMG, I want a tree. Or rather two... [face_laugh]I have just re-discovered the joys of resting in a hammock and today I pulled out my good old maya hammock for the first time in a couple of years while I'm awaiting a new and more "packable" Tickettothemoon hammock. So now I'm also googling or mosquito nets, tarps and under quilts, even though I will never be brave enough to go camping in a hammock. But, a new and easy to set up stand for my balcony made me rest nicely in my old maya hammock after dinner. Can't wait to try out the new one, since that one is easier to set up and fit into the new stand.

21. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    I think I just screwed up up as well. Today I was working with a different coworker and at first he seemed quite nice but he also quickly began to demmand me to be faster and faster. And I actually managed to get my work done quicker than in the last days when I was almost finished he gave me a list of new objectives that I had very little time for so I became nervous and made a couple of mistakes like throwing somethimg away that another coworked had put aside for herself and missed cleaning a part of our salad bar.
    We still got out pretty normaly and he didn't seemed too upset, yet anoyed, with me and now I fear what will happen tomorrow. I hope I don't get even more trouble from my superior again. I just feel useless and incompetend right now.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2018
  22. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    WELL DONE on the blue bit. You did good.

Now, focus on that bit, and have yourself a little reward, ice cream or something.

Whatever comes along on your next shift, is nothing to do with you till you clock in.

23. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    I got a question for our non English speaking friends.

In English sometimes we use different words to say whether or not it's a plural word instead of adding an 's' the end of the word.

More than one moose is mooses or two moose but more than goose isn't gooses but geese.

More than one house is houses but more than one mouse is mice instead of mouses.

Are there any languages similar?

Sent from my Rebel Base using Tapatalk

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  24. CaraJinn

CaraJinn Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 8, 2018
    Yes there is. Norwegian is like that. We have exactly the same as you in the example of "one goose - several geese". In Norwegian it would be "one 'gås'- several 'gjess'". We have something similar for cow: "one 'ku' - several 'kyr' "

AzureAngel2, Sith-I-5, Kahara and 2 others like this.
  25. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Moose is actually a bad example. Mooses actually isn't a word. It is just moose no matter how many you are talking about. This is because "moose" actually comes from an Algonquian language which has no plurals.

The reason why the plural of octopus is actually octopuses is because it is from Greek. Many people believe it is octopi, but that would only be correct if the root word was Latin, which it isn't.

I'm not sure about other languages, but part of the reason why has so many "exceptions to the rules" is because English "borrows" from so many other languages.