main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sidious, Snoke and Salacious B Crumb’s Sarcastic and Sassy Situation Saloon (Fanfic Social Thread)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Briannakin , Oct 11, 2017.

1. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    Did you make it in to work? How will you make it home? Are you above the first floor (we hope?) Do the Millicents & Blackies have a safe place to hole up?

Wish we could send some of your rain to California.

2. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    I know literally almost nothing about the Nordic countries, apart from some general relationship to a kitchen liquidiser - the "Benelux countries".

My education showed them on maps, but never mentioned them in the slightest.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  3. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    Some books relating to Norse mythology might help.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  4. gizkaspice

gizkaspice Force Ghost star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    Stay safe Chyntuck and the kitties! Hopefully this rain flood will settle down soon.

5. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Anything you want to know?

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  6. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Not as such.

I was going off of Ewok Poet 's map.

Was researching a yacht for an NWSFF fic, and discovered that Sweden had an island, Orust. So long on this planet, and I never even knew Sweden had an island.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  7. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    30 cm is about a foot *whistles* that's a lot of water Chyntuck! Stay safe and mostly dry!

Been trying to download Battlefront II for two days now (?) and last night the download reset! :mad: :kylo::kylosaber:

Hopefully it won't reset again

No hot water right now, leaks in the pipes but at least we have a pumper and he did at least fix what he could before he needed to leave; he'll be back tomorrow and hopefully fix the rest of the problems.

AzureAngel2 and Chyntuck like this.
  8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    :eek: Climate change... it's real all right. :p The Sheevy political types like to deny it so as to avoid having to actually try to do something to forestall it or reverse it. :rolleyes:

AzureAngel2, Gamiel and Chyntuck like this.
  9. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Short update on my dad as asked. I am going to see him this weekend, hoping that this time no storm hits Germany again and screws up the railway system. Then I can tell you guys more. Thanks for the kind well wishes & concern.

I did not have many people to talk about it. My family was too awkward about the entire matter and I just spoke to DarthUncle´s mom, my mother-in-law, and also his twin.

Most of my friends lost at least one parent this year or the year before, so I did not want to upset any of them either. And the other half is too busy with their own RL struggles.

So my only outlet was my fanart, because fanfic was difficult to write for me and I doubt myself very much when I write something these days.

The only place and time where I did not think about death was work. Once I was through the kindergarten gate it was all about how to make 11 months year olds up to 3 year olds happy and how to support my direct team. There are many people on sick-leave. So all my energy, care & emotions went into my work, leaving a moany bundle of fat with some bones for my husband in the evenings. Sometimes I managed to go for the fitness centre, most times I just fell down on the sofa or the bed.

10. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    We don't have an Island. We have many, many islands. As in two archipelagos* and then some (including the largest island fully encompassed by the Baltic Sea).

* Number 4 & 6 on the list of archipelagos by number of islands, islets, reefs, coral reefs and cays, to my understanding.

Also if you was planing to use Orust as the name of a planet, I say go for it. It's a good name.

Sith-I-5 likes this.
  11. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Stay safe Chyn! We are currently in a middle of a blizzard, but that's nothing out of the ordinary here (except we used to get these in October).

Not having anyone to turn to or vent at is hard Azure. I understand the emotional struggles of losing a parent and having an awkward family. We are here if you need us.

12. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Actually, yeah, that is a good name.

Do we have a planet name for Snoke's throne world? I might use it for that.

13. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    It's raining. And raining. And raining.

Luckily for me it stopped raining for a couple of hours this afternoon, just long enough for the streets to drain so that I didn't need my swimming license to get home.

I just went and checked on the cats. They're in the little house we have for them in the garden, all thirteen of them. It's standing on cinder blocks so as not to get flooded when it rains, but the way things are going we might find it floating towards Libya by morning. (Just kidding. We're very close to the coast here so we never get flooded, the rainwater just spills directly into the sea.)

14. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Eep! Stay safe, Chyn!

I'm glad you'll get to see your dad this weekend, Azure. I know it can be hard when you don't have many people to talk to. I, of course, don't know your friends, but even if they've recently lost a parent, they might want to help. I'm sure they wouldn't want you to not have anyone to talk to. My boyfriend's dad died suddenly earlier this year and I know he'd be upset if he thought a friend felt like they couldn't come to him because of that. But we're here no matter what!

15. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    To encourage all the people who have had majorly sucky things happening, here is a positive quote that I found on Pinterest.

"It's okay if you fall down and lose your spark. Just make sure that when you get up, you rise as the whole damn fire."

Gemma, AzureAngel2, Chyntuck and 3 others like this.
  16. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    Artwork is a great outlet, azureangel! And sometimes, coming home and just collapsing into bed is what you need to do. Just be kind to yourself.

17. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    We're with you, AzureAngel2. [face_love]

Renata, you mentioned the wrong person. ;)

I can't sleep and I have my pdoc appointment in a little more than seven hours. I am afraid that I had offended a friend who helped me a lot this year by just...not talking to him. He's taking it personally, he said somewhere on the forum that "he spent a lot of time helping people though he's got a sick brother and no job, and got nothing in return" and I just feel that it's about me. :( I don't know how to explain him that I am even slow with somebody whom I used to message up to ten times a day and whom I love dearly. It's not you, dude, it's me.

I don't want to take a clonie because 1/4 is not enough and 1/2 knocks me out, plus I would never want to become dependent of those again. So...I'm sitting here, twirling my hair, tapping my foot and biting my tongue. And I'm all like: "y0, pay attention to me, I have a problem!"

I'll appear like a zombie in front of that woman and by now, everybody knows that a) I really don't like her after all that had happened; b) I desperately want her to write that my depression is in partial remission.

Meh. Meh. MEH.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  18. whiskers

whiskers Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2005
    I hope that you can get at least a little bit of sleep, Ewok Poet. As for your friend, I don't know what to say, either other than the generic stuff. But, here's hoping that they're not too mad and will be understanding when you are able to find the words.

And here's hoping that the cats won't be floating down the street, Chyntuck!

AzureAngel2 and Ewok Poet like this.
  19. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    He lost his mother earlier this year, he's jobless, his brother has a mild form of schizophrenia and his dad is about to retire. He's got it hard, too; but he helped me by explaining me how GABA receptors worked and many other things. I still can't determine if he, perhaps, had a thing for me (I didn't for him, but I felt a connection, like we're siblings or something - he's also super-smart) or if his anxiety makes him think that people will leave him. Another thing: he was actually never comfortable talking about his problems, just mine.

20. whiskers

May 19, 2005
    Well, damn... But, if he wasn't able to really talk about his own problems, you shouldn't beat yourself up over that.

AzureAngel2 and Ewok Poet like this.
  21. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    That's what mom told me, too. And she likes him a lot, which I can't say is her sentiment about most of my online friends - there are "SW freaks" and "the crazies", at least that's how she calls people from both forums when angry.

In the meantime, Judi vomited, for the second night in a row.

In six places.

Some of it was too red, some slimey and I am not sure if I should be worried.

And theeen, just as I went to pick the sanitizer detergent, gloves and a small washtub, she peed on the parquet. And I stepped into it, walking towards the other thing.

FML.

whiskers likes this.
  22. gizkaspice

gizkaspice Force Ghost star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    Ewok Poet I would take her to the vet ASAP. Dog vomiting red is not good. I don't know the situation, but I wouldn't wait if it's already been six places.

AzureAngel2, jcgoble3 and Ewok Poet like this.
  23. leiamoody

leiamoody Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2005
  24. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    When she does it, she moves from one place to another, so it all happened within two minutes. She thinks I will punish her for doing it or something, so when I come closer, she moves further away.

It was not blood. She had some pork bones six hours ago and it looked a lot like roasted pork skin.

Her mood is completely normal all along, which confuses me even more. She even wanted to play.

I...read the original thing and I was not sure what it was. But yeah, the bird is OK, he was making love to a perch when this happened. Yes, in the middle of the night.

25. whiskers

May 19, 2005
    I'd just continue to keep an eye on her, then.

Ewok Poet likes this.