main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sidious, Snoke and Salacious B Crumb’s Sarcastic and Sassy Situation Saloon (Fanfic Social Thread)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Briannakin , Oct 11, 2017.

1. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I like anchovies in things, I mean I could eat Caesar Salad all day every day if it wasn't a million calories, and one of my favorite pasta dishes involves basically dissolving anchovies in oil, but I don't like them on pizza for some reason.

EP- I like your haircut! It looks really good. And yay for pictures of Agi (and Judi)!

Oh Pandora, I am so, so sorry. :( Losing a pet is so hard, like losing a part of your family. I'm thankful you got to bury him and know where he is, but I wish it didn't end that way. [:D]

2. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  3. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    mavjade - Thank you. I'll show you what it was like, you'll freak out. Getting rid of it was...liberating, almost. Plus now I can sort of pull a Rey hairstyle...maybe. :D

Re: anchovies. I remember being surprised that pizza capricciosa in Trieste had anchovies and artichoke. I learned that the latter is a standard thing and that it's just that the misers here are not used to it, but anchovies are deffo not a regional addition. Similarly, when I did that Italian cuisine course in 2012, our pizza guru, Salvatore, served oregano on the side, because he "noticed that many Serbs don't eat it". I was surprised, because OMG OREGANO ANYTHING, but then I remembered that my own mother and some friends hate it, so...yeah.

And wait, Caesar salad is a "million calories"? I consider it healthy food. Then again, I have my own diet - HF HC. Just googled it, it doesn't exist, which means I can claim it. HIGH FAT, HIGH CARBS. Antonio Nokaarbe frowns upon this. :(

Looks like day #6 is not going to be crazy. Granted, I slept from only 7 to 11 (notice the idiotic patterns?), then went to three different supermarkets/grocery stores, solely for mom to get offended that I didn't get one single thing - some stupid deli we use for toasties, that we're not having today anyway, because I bought some brand new cheesy popcorn to try it out. [face_peace] And EP-style nachos for lunch tomorrow, yay!

So, yes...I have five to-do lists in front of me and I dunno what to do. Some cleaning is also in order.

For the end, the most unexciting thing ever - my TLJ ticket. The one two years ago was EVEN.LAMER.

[​IMG]

4. BookExogorth

BookExogorth Force Ghost star 4

May 4, 2017
    Pandora, I'm so sorry that happened to you.

5. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
  6. gizkaspice

gizkaspice Force Ghost star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    Pandora my condolences, losing a pet like this is so very hard....@};-

AzureAngel2 and Ewok Poet like this.
  7. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    Ewok Poet - Sounds like you had quite a day. Maybe tomorrow will be easier. *fingers crossed* :)

AzureAngel2 and Ewok Poet like this.
  8. whiskers

whiskers Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2005
    I'm sorry to hear about your dog, Pandora, and it wasn't your fault.

9. Pandora

Pandora Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 13, 2005
    I want to thank everyone who has responded for their kind words about my dog.

As you might imagine, I'm still feeling rather numbed as I process what happened. Earlier today, I was having a piece of fried chicken, and I had pulled off a piece of the spicy breaded skin, and had already started to turn around (my dog loved chicken, and turkey, and crackers, and breadsticks, and potato crisps, and--) when I remembered she wouldn't be there. There was a second when I thought I heard her bark last night. When someone dies, there's a hole--for lack of a better term--in the world where they used to be. I can feel the gaping hole where my dog was.

You would have all liked her. I can say that because everyone liked her--even the UPS driver, who she always barked at (she was known, with good reason, as Thunderbark) liked her and always had treats for her. This post could use a supportive chorus of manly firefighter tears. This past summer, when there was that forest fire raging on the ridge several miles from where I live, she was The Most Popular Dog on the Highway [Redacted] Fireline.

And yes, Ewok Poet, I completely understand that your like was one of sympathy--that's one of the limitations of the "like" function's name. It was certainly not easy--I type with stoic understatement--to see the state she was in when we went to get her, but it helped a little that it was part of the natural order. Scavengers have a purpose in the ecosystem. (And my father was reminiscing about how she used to chase the ravens who nest in our woods down the road, and how they would chase her back in turn.)

Right now, I have to admit that overall, if I feel anything, I feel cheated. Like she was cheated. She still had so many woods and rivers and creeks and lakes and prairies left to explore, and now she won't. I don't feel like it now, but I know logically that I should go out and continue to explore them for her. Every day, I can wake up and think she would have loved that day. Because, as my father said, she loved every day.

10. whiskers

whiskers Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2005
    I'm certain that we would have. When my mom's dog died several years ago, she wrote out her feelings in a little journal. Maybe that'll help you, but everyone's grieving process is different. Take care. Pandora, and treasure the good moments that you had with her in your heart.

Ewok Poet, Findswoman and Chyntuck like this.
  11. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    I can't explain it yet, but today was totally a day that warranted a dancing emoji... [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_hypnotized] [face_laugh] [:D] [face_party] [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

Edit... and [:D] to Pandora. That's hard.

12. Kahara

Kahara Chosen One star 4

Mar 3, 2001
    Pandora, I'm so sorry to hear that about your dog. :( It seemed like I knew her a little from your stories, and it's terrible to think of anything like that happening to such a sweet and adventurous creature. I'm glad (at least, I hope it give some closure) that she was found and that you were able to bury her remains in a place she loved, and where she is remembered with love. But I wish that story could have had a happier ending. @};-

13. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Pandora, that was a beautiful tribute to your dog, your memories of her, and the love with which she faced every day. Thinking of you. @};-

14. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    I would like time to slow down please. I had such a crazy week that I was counting on today and tomorrow to do some fanficcing, but then I thought I'd lazy about a bit this morning. Somehow it's already 7 pm now and I haven't done ANYTHING :eek:

Anyway. Off to read and review a few stories. #CatchUpTime

15. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Pandora - Very, very sorry to hear off your loss, and what you have had to go through.

Something I learned at college, when McDonalds was my go-to lunch source, their hot apple pie, will knock me the **** out. Which is not good when you have lessons after lunch!

If you try to write in the food court again, skip the apple pie, and see if that helps. Also, if you can heat it, take it home and have it before bed, it might help you sleep.

I typed up a major update at work yesterday, so am looking forward to re-typing it at home from the printed hardcopy.

AzureAngel2, Kahara and Ewok Poet like this.
  16. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    Snowing where I am right now.

AzureAngel2, Kahara and Ewok Poet like this.
  17. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    I'm having one of those days, too. It's snowing, so I've got an excuse to stay indoors. I did get a lot done yesterday...had the day off for a doctor's appt., got my hair cut, got all the presents wrapped (which would have gone faster if there wasn't a furball 'helping' by attacking the tissue paper). Today I'm full of "I should..." bake some muffins, balance my checkbook... etc. etc.

18. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Something I like in fantasy & SF art is when the artist take an existing architectural style and then makes it larger then life. Here is some art in that style for the game Legend of the 5 Rings
    from https://najtkriss.deviantart.com/

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    yahiko I forgot to say national condolences for Johnny @};-

In the last couple of hours I managed to review three fics and put a bunch of gardenia cuttings to root. That's more than I did since 7 am, so it's got to count for something.

And we got our tickets for TLJ at Thursday 7 pm. There's a midnight premiere on Wednesday but it's only in one cinema in downtown and they're charging €25 (a normal screening is €7.5) so we decided to buy tickets and dinner for a few friends who are broke instead. Plus, a 7 pm screening is early enough that we get to debrief over dinner afterwards :D

AzureAngel2, Kahara, Sith-I-5 and 4 others like this.
  20. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    It's snowing!! :D :D

[​IMG]

That is all. I was excited! I love the first snowfall of the year. (The few weeks ago when there were what could barely be called flurries didn't count.)

21. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Day #7 has been more or less of sleepwalking, so I can't even write a semi-coherent thing. I made nachos a'la EP for mom and myself, fed the pets and walked the dog, but that's pretty much all. Will try to look at a couple non-creative threads while in bed, but I doubt I will manage to say anything.

Nehru_Amidala and mavjade Here, too. But it's only slush. The weather forecast says that the next week is going to be unusually warm for December. Just watch me catch a cold at the TLJ premiere...

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 - Thanks. :)

Sith-I-5 and Pandora - will get back to you re:this thread tomorrow. Same goes with PMs I have with AzureAngel2, her Advent group, WarmNyota_SweetAyesha and BookExogorth - I just can't make sense today and I need (even more) sleep.

And now I want a dozen of hot apple pies. PMS, go home, you're drunk.

22. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    It's snowing here too, but that's nothing out of the ordinary :p I still love it. I was at my mother's today and driving through the mountains was so pretty.

23. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Scotland and the north of England got hit by an Arctic storm on maybe Thursday, and weather warnings are suggesting that my area will get snow and heavy wind as a follow-up.

24. Kahara

Kahara Chosen One star 4

Mar 3, 2001
    No snow for us, but wow is it colder than a week ago. I'm actually wearing socks at home for warmth. This hardly ever happens.

25. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Kahara - LOL, nice one. :p

Woke up after only four hours after a strange nightmare where Mistress_Renata got angry with me and told me that she would never forgive me (?!) and realised that I had no idea the premiere was today. Are the dates available anywhere in a place where I cannot be spoiled? I didn't care about spoilers for The Force Awakens because we had it, like, 12 hours after the Aussies and I was 100% spoiler free for Rogue One by chance, but this is different...

Sith-I-5 - As promised: the thing you wrote seems a bit strange, though having an apple helps people sleep, in many cases...so, I don't know what to think. Could be related to general exhaustion, could be an actual thing.

Pandora - That was a beautiful, beautiful tribute. And I understand that you hear her even when she's not there. Idiots like my pdoc would go as far as give you APs for that (know somebody who had that happen, sadly), but I think we ALL heard our loved ones after they died. I know that I heard my budgies, my cat, my dad and my grandma.

As for Likes - it's a love/hate thing for me, too, just like the smug hug smiley...okay, more. When people give me a "Like" on Facebook when they are supposed to elaborate, I am not amused. Especially if it's one of the more dramatic variants thereof. I used to be so offended about it that I would delete the posted item completely, now I can take it, sort of...but nobody can't guarantee that I won't go ape about that again. :p

AzureAngel2 and Kahara like this.