main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sidious, Snoke and Salacious B Crumb’s Sarcastic and Sassy Situation Saloon (Fanfic Social Thread)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Briannakin , Oct 11, 2017.

1. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Oh don't worry, I watched it! :D There wasn't anything that would stop me from getting it. (Well, that's not really true, but that was my mindset.)
    I stood in the weirdest position trying to get it to download on my crappy cell service. It was excruciatingly slow, but I managed to get it eventually. I LOVED it!

2. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Do you realise that you are my first confirmation that anyone went there to help?

Between Trump's flip-flopping comments on the Puerto Rican governor, and his reaction to the island disaster compared to the mainland ones, I eventually, honestly could not tell if the US had sent any aid at all!

3. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    [​IMG]

OMG! GO TEAM BLACKIE!!! (Am I right gizkaspice?) That Stare of Death is what I would get if I tried to put a hat on His Majesty. Some hapless primate is definitely going to find Something in his shoe for this indignity...

Gemma, Lady_Misty, Ewok Poet and 3 others like this.
  4. gizkaspice

gizkaspice Force Ghost star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    LOL!! [face_rofl] This just made my day! Thanks!

Now I'm going to leave this video here for absolutely no reason:

Ewok Poet and Chyntuck like this.
  5. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    mavjade likes this.
  6. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    There were quite a few of us there. But there were some... issues, I can't deny that.

I tried to log into my work email last night to see when I work next and it wouldn't let me. I'm sure it's because it goes inactive after so long for security purposes, but I'll admit there was a second there I wondered if I'd been fired. (They can't legally fire me, my job is protected by law.)

7. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Check with IT. Your password may have expired.

mavjade likes this.
  8. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    Sith-I-5 My Twitter feed is flooded with Londoners wondering why the sky turned yellow-red, is it the first time you get a Sahara dust storm in London?

9. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Possibly. It may have happened once before in, somewhere in Britain, but this darkening to a solar-eclipse level is unprecedented for the city.

If BBC News website had not reported red suns elsewhere in the country, due to Saharan dust, we would have been beside ourselves!

Chyntuck likes this.
  10. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Stay safe, Londoners!

Maybe my dear friend Marija is right when she says that sports cure everything. I went for a ride today and broke my personal record from 2014. The top-left part of my route was an unasphalted road and the line cutting it was a pedestrian trail through a small forest full of rare mushrooms.

My feet are pulsating. I'm dizzy. I forgot that I was in a horrible mood on Friday and Saturday.

Likely the second best ride ever. Can't compare to riding on hairpins towards the sunset while the waves are crashing, but it's pretty close! :)

[​IMG]

Kahara, mavjade , whiskers and 2 others like this.
  11. whiskers

whiskers Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2005
    Well, that beats my personal best bike ride by about 18 KM... :)

Sounds like a fun trail to go down, though.

Kahara and Ewok Poet like this.
  12. yahiko

yahiko Jedi Master star 2

Nov 12, 2015
    I'm looking for some inspiration, some pictures about "meeting and encounter"... If anyone...

Kahara and Findswoman like this.
  13. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    You can still beat me! And I bet there are fun trails where you are, too. :)

What kind of meetings/encounters? In what context? [face_thinking]

whiskers and Findswoman like this.
  14. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Here's a painting that came to my mind that I think could be considered to be on that topic:

Ilya Repin (Russian, 1844–1930), Unexpected Visitors

I think the original Russian title of the painting literally translates to something like "they weren't waiting" or "they weren't expecting [him]." The unexpected visitor is supposed to be a recently released political prisoner, too, which methinks could have a lot of good GFFA resonance...

Hope this helps to start, in any case. :)

Kahara, yahiko, Gamiel and 1 other person like this.
  15. whiskers

whiskers Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2005
    There are a lot of great trails here, but I don't have a bike anymore, LOL!

I've been wanting to get one again, though.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  16. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Dewwwwit! :)

Findswoman and whiskers like this.
  17. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    So an update on my car. I just got back from the body shop, where I talked with the owner of the place. He showed me the work that's been done so far on the car (basically disassembling the front end). They're currently waiting on the parts they ordered and can't do anything else until they arrive. We discussed my deductible, and he said that the insurance adjuster wrote down (and the insurance company is paying for) a new radiator and a new driver-side headlight assembly, but both of those have only cosmetic damage and don't actually need replacing. So we're going to not replace those, which will save me about the amount of my deductible, which is one load off my shoulders. :D And the best part is that if the parts come in on time, he thinks he can have the car back to me by Friday. I was thinking it would be two to three weeks before I got the car back, but instead we're just looking at a little over a week of repairs. [face_party]

Kahara, Mistress_Renata and Ewok Poet like this.
  18. yahiko

yahiko Jedi Master star 2

Nov 12, 2015
    I really like it!

To be more specific, I'm writing an encounter between humans and an alien species, on another planet. But I feel any kind of meeting / encounter may bring me some inspiration. Your picture Findswoman is a good catch!

Kahara and Findswoman like this.
  19. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Here are some works by Ivan Bilibin (1876-1942)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Gamiel, beautiful pictures! Bilibin’s work is absolutely stunning—and that kind of folkloric art is primo inspiration for fanfic... :cool:

yahiko, for first encounters between alien races, one of my own personal favorite scenes was the end scene of Star Trek: First Contact, with Zefram Cochran shaking the hand of the Vulcan who steps out of the ship. I’m not sure why that exact scene stands out for me—I think it’s because the two parties meeting each other are so different from each other (Zefram Cochran being a very un-Vulcan sort). Anyway, I hope that might be of some help, too.

Lady_Misty, yahiko and Ewok Poet like this.
  21. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Not as highbrow as your example, but I made this yesterday for Kate Todd of NCIS...meeting the hardworking staff of the Figgis Detective Agency (Archer season 7):

[​IMG]

22. gizkaspice

gizkaspice Force Ghost star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    yahiko you might find the genre of speculative biology or xenobiology worth researching for some inspiration. There are a lot of images of encounters between humans/an alien species within it.

yahiko likes this.
  23. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    Have been following the Weinstein story, and news just broke about Carrie Fisher and how she reacted when she heard about a friend being assaulted. :leia:

Forever Our Princess! [face_love]

24. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Lady_Misty, Findswoman and yahiko like this.
  25. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    I just paid the property tax on our building. It was a painful experience.