main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

2. Hey Fanficers! In fixing the prefixes something happened and now you can't edit titles. Don't panic! We're looking into what happened and trying to fix it.

Sidious, Snoke and Salacious B Crumb’s Sarcastic and Sassy Situation Saloon (Fanfic Social Thread)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Briannakin , Oct 11, 2017.

1. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    Now that is a REAL Jedi! (Better be nice to him!)

I'd give up Chinese food for a year, if it would appease the Gods of Casting. :obiwan:

Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
  2. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 3, 2016
    ^ Amen to that.

3. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Force Ghost star 5

Nov 1, 2004

Yes!!! That would be awesome!!!!!! Young Obi-Wan was the only thing I really loved in the prequels.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
    Chyntuck likes this.
  4. BookExogorth

BookExogorth Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2017
    Hey.

Am I the only one comfortable in shorts and a t-shirt today? :p I know I'm a bit late to the weather discussion, though.

Ewok Poet and Chyntuck like this.
  5. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    Are you in Hawaii, @BookExogorth? LOL! Still cold where we are, but the wet stuff has moved away. Am told that everything has a casing of ice, which means some serious scraping of the car this morning... Oh, joy. Oh, rapture. [face_bleh] On the plus side, we're having a heat wave today! It's actually supposed to get up to 45F! (7C).

Chyntuck and BookExogorth like this.
  6. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    It's going to be 40 today, so a light jacket and jeans will do it for me.

Chyntuck likes this.
  7. BookExogorth

BookExogorth Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2017
    [face_tee_hee] I'm in FL, actually. Of course, now today's all cold and rainy.

Ewok Poet, mavjade and Chyntuck like this.
  8. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    It's partly sunny and warm where I am.

Chyntuck likes this.
  9. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 7, 2010
    Here's my 7-day forecast right now:

[​IMG]

Typical Ohio yo-yo weather. Also, that snow on Saturday is supposedly going to be around 6 inches. I hope not. We've already had more snow this winter than we did the entire winter last year.

Chyntuck, yahiko and Nehru_Amidala like this.
  10. Briannakin

Briannakin Grand Moff Darth Fanfic & Costuming/Props Manager star 6 Staff Member Manager

Feb 25, 2010
    We are getting a Yo-Yo here too. Yesterday was 0C, today it's -15C, tomorrow it's supposed to be -25C, and by Saturday it's going to be back up to -4C. WHAAAA?

I feel like I deserve a cookie. I got up at 8 today (I was actually up at 7 but I laid in bed because I was also up at 3), did some cleaning and I'm already working. I've got a 500 word goal for today and I'm going to hit it (I hope).

11. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
  12. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    I clearly don't deserve a cookie, but the weather was lovely and I still have an assistant, so I'll count today as a win :D

13. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    Chyntuck and BookExogorth like this.
  14. mavjade

mavjade It's so FLUFFY! Fanfic Manager star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 10, 2005
    It was in the mid 40's F today so that was nice. Except there was slush everywhere!! I was waiting on a bus and thankfully I was watching for it because a truck came flying by right through the slush on the road and it went everywhere! I jumped back right before it got all over me.

15. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    No slush where I am, but the non-salted sidewalks were slick this morning when I walked to work.

Chyntuck likes this.
  16. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 7, 2010
    My dad replaced his mattress set today, downsized from a queen to a twin because he doesn't intend to remarry, and moved several pieces of furniture around so he could rotate the bed 90° and get it out of the center of the room, which opened up a ton of space in his bedroom.

After spending most of the day helping him with that, now I've spent the past couple of hours cleaning my own room in preparation for doing something similar. I plan to rotate the bed 180°, put it on the opposite wall, take the TV down and remount it on the opposite wall (so basically the bed and TV swap walls), remove three bookcases, move both dressers, and buy and set up a new, proper computer desk to replace the makeshift one that I've been using for the past 15 years. So far, I've cleaned up about a quarter of the room. Much more will be done after dinner and tomorrow, with the aim of hopefully moving everything around Thursday or Friday. I want it all in place before spring semester starts next Tuesday.

17. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    Good luck with that. :)

Chyntuck and jcgoble3 like this.
  18. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    I’ll throw my Jedi robes in the ring for Ewan as Obi-Wan. Yeah, a great Ewan-Wan movie is exactly what I want.

Scrolling up and seeing insanity in @Chyntuck’s post. All I can say is hail the calm security bro...and sheesh...

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
    Chyntuck and mavjade like this.
  19. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
  20. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Hi Nehru_Amidala,

Glad to hear you have running water again. [:D]

DRL is kicking into high gear here. I hope to dip in when I can after this weekend.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
  21. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    Same here. It was gross going to days without a shower.

22. Gamiel

Gamiel Force Ghost star 6

Dec 16, 2012
  23. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 5

Jul 31, 2014
    Thank you, @Findswoman (again!), @Chyntuck and @Gamiel. It was good. :) We went to my aunt's and the one of the dudebros that was present - the other is in Oslo - was pretty normal and we talked about many things. He's inherited his dad's talent for photography, which kind of runs in the family, since my dad was good too and, well, I'm probably the best. :p

The next holiday is the Julian New Year's Eve on Saturday. I shall be making crepes. LOTS OF THEM. And we'll be watching ANH.

I withdraw all I said about the French woman. Or almost all. This is scary and abnormal in so many ways. I seriously thought she was hypersensitive and possibly a quiet borderline, or a petulant one like me - we can't stand rejection, we have a debilitating fear of it. But nope, this borders...on sociopathy. NOPENOPENOPE.

People usually think of me when they see a goat. So, this is new. :D

I had another headache yesterday. Since they happen exclusively on Tuesdays and it's weird, I told about it to my pdoc at the regular appointment we had this morning. She thinks that it's some sort of performance anxiety, that I strive to be the most read author for the week and that hasn't happened for the two months since I joined the magazine I write columns for. So, Tuesdays and early Wednesdays send me into OMG.MUST.OUTPERFORM. mode. I blame the way I was raised and my dad - he was an underachiever who wanted me to be perfect. So, I either outperform people or I deliver something half-assed and then wonder why I'm not the best, or whatever. This must stop, since it's now almost definitely psychosomatic.

Master_Lok likes this.
  24. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    @Ewok Poet - glad you had a nice Christmas. Creatives like us (meaning everyone who creates on this board and beyond) are our own worst critics. I am learning to let that go especially since I picked up drawing last year. Perfection does not exist, you can only do the best you can that day. Kindly throw this back in my face when I pop up again.

Mmmm...crepes.

Those headaches will pass.

As for me, more practice and searching for work, and other DRL business and then perhaps I can create something this afternoon. Have to look at tomorrow’s workshop at the Unemployment Office as positive. Okay, back to it.

Have a good day and evening everyone,

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
    Mistress_Renata and Ewok Poet like this.
  25. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    Early release, so that means 2 hours of overtime pay for me!

Master_Lok and Ewok Poet like this.