main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sidious, Snoke and Salacious B Crumb’s Sarcastic and Sassy Situation Saloon (Fanfic Social Thread)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Briannakin , Oct 11, 2017.

1. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    That's okay. That happens.

2. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2018
    AzureAngel2 and Nehru_Amidala like this.
  3. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    I thought the adorableness of Linus and Judi was so obvious, it didn't really require comment, but I did say (out loud, which made His Majesty give me an odd look: "AAAAAAAWWW!!!")

AzureAngel2 and Ewok Poet like this.
  4. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    Thank you, Linus is pretty cute.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  5. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    This thread needs ἀγάπη - Agi for friends, relatives and fans. ;)

[​IMG]

Also, any good angular cheilitis remedies? Been going on for a month and a half. I don't think it's fungal, but all the other types are a possibility...

...that, and I think I'm teething. O_O

Tarsier, AzureAngel2, Pandora and 6 others like this.
  6. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    Agi really has such beautiful markings. I'll add him to the AAAAAWWWW... :)

I sometimes get cracks at the corner of my mouth, I just use a medicated lip balm several times a day. I don't know about angular cheilitis, at this time of year, for me, it's usually just chapped because the weather is so cold.

AzureAngel2, Lady_Misty and Ewok Poet like this.
  7. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    @Mistress_Renata - I think it's the same thing.

And here's baby Agi - I had to pick him when I saw this photo - he had the beautiful markings AND the attitude.

[​IMG]

AzureAngel2 and Lady_Misty like this.
  8. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    Very cool! Are all of those birds yours?

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  9. Pandora

Pandora Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 13, 2005
    @Chyntuck: Sorry to hear about your cat @Pandora. I hope it's nothing bad, and that the long drive will just be a nice outing instead.

Thank you for the kind thoughts.

Sadly, I don't see how I can make the long drive into a pleasant experience--with dogs, I know of a few places along the route to stop at (and give the dog a chance for a pee), but cats just want to get home again. The funny thing is, though--this particular cat used to be very good about riding in a car, the best I have ever seen. But that was six years ago, and she hardly ever uses that skill, and has hence lost it.

She appears to be doing well--she's been racing around the house just this evening. She was also, typically for her, instigating a snarl exchange with the little black cat. Apparently, she wasn't doing anything--yet--just posturing, but the the little black cat does not trust her, and for good reason.

I did hear some other bad animal-related news, though it isn't mine, and thus not mine to share. I will say that I could use a long, long break from this sort of thing.

I have also had cracked-sores at the corners of my mouth, though I don't know what caused them. But when I did, I had to use an antibiotic ointment several times a day.

Cute bird, @Ewok Poet. He does look like he has an attitude.

10. gizkaspice

gizkaspice Force Ghost star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    A cute Linus and a cute Agi! (Animals are the best!)

11. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    Indeed, Linus had gotten a new collar (it looks like a scarf) that day and wore all day til we put him to bed.

12. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    A curious fact: Agi took a selfie in May 2016.

@gizkaspice - Thank you. :) The AGI BIRD says thanks (cc @Kurisan - where is that man?)

@Nehru_Amidala - Nope, that was taken at the breeder's home, about two weeks before I adopted Agi (he's the one on the right - he was suck a funny chick!) and the breeder always posts photos of reserved chicks on her Facebook profile. When I went to her place to get Agi, she was impressed by my photography skills and I wanted to take photos of all of her birds, her cat, her mice and, well, the cat sleeping in the terrarium with 32 albino mice and not doing anything. BUT I FORGOT MY MEMORY CARD.

@Pandora - Glad that the cat is feeling better. :) Thanks for the Agi comment, too. As far as the sores go...I guess that I might need that, too. It's been going on for too long and just when I thought it was gone, it cracked again yesterday. :( I need to renew my health insurance ID - forgot to do it in December - and get a dermatologist and psychologist appointments, and also my regular prescriptions for fluoxetine and lamotrigine. Not sure if I have the time before Thursday, though. >_<

Teething scares me, though. Something started appearing behind my upper front incisors in October and it's only progressed since then. I lack my upper lateral incisors and they were not seen on the x-ray done in 1993, but apparently, such things can re-emerge later in life and screw you up. My jaw is too small for 32 teeth, dang it! I don't even want to begin thinking what kind of scary interventions this could lead to. I never had an operation, I have only had placebo anesthesia during the years of crisis (water for pulling out a lower lateral incisor that ended up having a HUGE root...yikes) and I'm scared of that kind of stuff.

13. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    These pics aren't from the 2018 carnival parade but from the rally about Macedonia taking place right now in Thessaloniki.

Living in a country that reinvents the meaning of lunacy every day isn't always fun, but it does help if you have a sense of humour.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 22, 2018
    Gamiel and AzureAngel2 like this.
  14. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
  15. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    Sometimes even a sense of humor doesn't help, says the woman who just read the morning news...

Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
    Chyntuck likes this.
  16. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    What happened?

17. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    Besides the US govt shutdown? Ugh. Don't get me started! :)

Looking at the photo of Agi with his brothers & sisters, I can see why you chose him. You're right, there's a certain look in his eye... [face_love]

Ewok Poet and Chyntuck like this.
  18. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
  19. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    Good afternoon.

20. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Depends on your definition of "good". It's 55°F outside and all the snow is melting, but I can't enjoy it because I'm neck-deep in a book that I checked out from the library yesterday, titled Pre-Calculus for Dummies. And I used to think math was fun. :p

mavjade likes this.
  21. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    I am helping a friend plan a party.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  22. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    My laptop screen is sortta broken. I noticed it yesterday and last night when I tried to close it up it went crunch. :( It probably still works well enough but I'm hesitant to use it too much.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my Rebel Base using Tapatalk

23. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    You might need a new screen, that happened to me.

Ewok Poet and Lady_Misty like this.
  24. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Linus is a cutie, Nehru_Amidala!

Agi!! :D
    EP- Making sure you stay very hydrated is a good way to keep the sides of your mouth from cracking. I've also taken a beeswax lip balm and slathered it on super thick right before I go to bed and it seemed to help some.

Oh no, Lady_Misty! I hope it's easily repaired!

- - -

So I went a picked up our yet to be named pupper! He's a cutie, but he clearly has no idea about living in a city. So many smells! So many people! Dogs!
    He seemed a little hesitant when there were a group of people walking toward him, but he didn't cower, growl or try to run, he'd just stop and wait. Which is usually fine, except most of the time groups of people are walking toward you, it's in a crosswalk. [face_laugh]

He's a bit scrawny and his coat is a mess, but we'll get him fixed up soon enough.
    I've not been able to get a good picture of him yet, every time I get down on his level to get one, he comes right in close to me.
    [​IMG]

Here is his Chewie leash!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
    Tarsier, Ewok Poet, Chyntuck and 5 others like this.
  25. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    KAWAII!!!

mavjade likes this.