main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sidious, Snoke and Salacious B Crumb’s Sarcastic and Sassy Situation Saloon (Fanfic Social Thread)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Briannakin , Oct 11, 2017.

1. lordmaul13

lordmaul13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 18, 2000
    @mavjade I'm so sad to hear about your dog! Even in a just few days they can become a family member. Just like people leave their fingerprints on our hearts and lives, dogs leave their paw prints. There's a reason they're called man's best friend. [:D]

mavjade likes this.
  2. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Oh it's not going out alone in a foreign country, I was perfectly happy to walk around Hong Kong by myself, I got on the subway and found my way to a huge garden in the middle of the city. It's strictly places that have social norms I might not know like restaurants, and small shops where there are people looking at you the whole time. (I guess it's places where I have to interact with people for more than a few seconds, lol.) And it's not limited to foreign countries, I have that problem with places right down the block from me. It's just magnified when I don't speak the language.

And since one of my favorite parts of travel is eating, I wouldn't end up having a good time if I was alone. Thankfully dp4m and I travel really well together and we have about the same ratio of adventure to relaxation want/need and what types of things we like to see and do.

Thank you lordmaul!

Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
    jcgoble3 and Ewok Poet like this.
  3. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    Thanks @Ewok Poet
    So far I haven´t heard anything new, so I´m still very nervous and don´t come to rest.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
  4. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Your weekly update of whacky news from the southern Balkans.

Tomorrow we're having another Clash of the Titans fan convention ultra-nationalist rally about Macedonia in Athens. It will be the usual fascistoids, Christian Taliban obscurantists and "I'm not racist, but..." types, under the protection of neo-Nazi brownshirts and paramilitary groups. At the same time, there will be an anti-fascist demonstration 200m away. I can't imagine what could go wrong with that setup. Oh, and now the Macedonians decided to make the name issue about their national identity, because yeah, being called the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia for more than 25 years wasn't long enough.

Meanwhile, one of Erdoğan's advisors threatened to "break the arms and legs" of any Greek who dares land on Imia/Kardak, and that it will "make our invasion of Afrin look like a walk in the park". Imia/Kardak is two rocky islets in the eastern Mediterranean that become disputed territory when Turkish politicians need a diversion from domestic issues. To give you an idea of the strategic importance of the place, the islets are uninhabited except for wild goats and have a total surface of 10 acres (approx 50 times smaller than the average farm in the US).

And for good measure, the Albanians picked now to demand that Greece build a memorial to commemorate the expulsion of Cham Albanians at the end of WWII. This is pretty much like Germany demanding that Poland build a memorial for Germans who were expelled from eastern Prussia. And yes, a lot of those people were civilians and all that, but does anyone seriously want to open that can of worms?

It's becoming increasingly difficult not to feel that the lunatics have taken full control of the asylum.

[/rant]

5. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    @Chyntuck - living there must be like a whole region populated by clones of that one drunk racist uncle who won’t shut up at the holiday gathering.

Mistress_Renata and Chyntuck like this.
  6. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Yes, that's what it's like on Balkans.

Know how Tapatalk shows us a picture with a thread? Welllllll...looks like I got two interesting screenies over the course of past month or so.

Our group portrait:
    [​IMG]

Our lord and master:
    [​IMG]

7. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
  8. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    THAT'S MY STRAW!

9. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    Too late! NYAH!!! [face_peace][face_whistling][face_mischief]

Ewok Poet likes this.
  10. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    ALL RIGHT.

FINE.

I am not going to scratch your rear and pull fleas from it now. :( Brb, making faces at a park visitor. :p

[face_rofl][face_rofl][face_rofl][face_rofl][face_rofl][face_rofl]

In saner news: TFA on TV in an hour and a half.[face_dancing]:kylo:

Nehru_Amidala likes this.
  11. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I just heard that Bud Grace is retiring. Todays strip with Ernie/The Piranha Club is supposed to be tha last one
    [​IMG]

Nehru_Amidala likes this.
  12. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    [face_laugh]

EDIT: ops, I had forgoth that I had posted something already

Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
    Chyntuck likes this.
  13. It Is Your Destiny

It Is Your Destiny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 1, 2014
    Good afternoon saloon. :) I hope everyone had a wonderful Groundhog Day and a splendid National Tater Tot Day. :D

14. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    We watched TFA, ate two large packs of McDonald's fries, with ketchup and mayo, I drank A LOT of Pepsi Max and now I'm up for some writing and perhaps some incense sticks. I might take a cookie or two as well, since I have no character to speak of. :p AND TOMORROW I'M MEETING MY BESTIE FOR THE FIRST TIME SINCE SEPTEMBER. I missed her so, so, so much. My Marija! [face_love][face_love][face_love]

But there is one thing that got me thinking. In all Leia scenes in the film, I noticed how Carrie Fisher's eyes are sort of...dead. The expressions on her face more or less happen because she was an actress and she knew how to do it, but her eyes are so, so still. :( And you don't recognise it until it happens to you. Neuroleptics turn your face into a mask. Nothing moves.

Glad I'm off that stuff and that I don't need it...

Mistress_Renata likes this.
  15. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    National Tater Tot Day was TODAY?! Aw, man, why didn't anyone tell me? Although my tum's been a bit off today, so it's probably just as well I didn't know.

Laundry day. Dull, but clean undies are a good thing! Dicey tum, so didn't eat much. Very tired. Hope it's not that virus coming back.

16. It Is Your Destiny

It Is Your Destiny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 1, 2014
    Actually, it was yesterday, along with Groundhog Day. :) What a combo! :D I celebrated by having tater tots for dinner.

Laundry day here as well. I must finish chores before the big game tomorrow.

17. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Y'know something I find weird?

I can fall asleep listening to a Youtube podcast on my phone (and the PC across the room, come to that), with the thing cycling through several other podcasts while I'm asleep; then when I'm awake again, it might start another one after it completes whatever I awoke through, but invariably, it will decide it wants operator intervention and shut off if I don't or cannot give it.

How the **** do you manage to cope without user intervention when I'm asleep?

More to the point, how the **** do you know that I'm awake?

Lady_Misty likes this.
  18. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    I get that it's probably on autoplay, but this is creepy. O_O Seriously, gremlins. Gremlins!

Just googled tater tots. Yes, please!

My bestie told me that she would text me before she gets out of her place, since she's coming here. I just, err, reminded her to do that. :p

Lady_Misty likes this.
  19. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    So in the crazy Macedonia rally today they had a banner that said "Alexander the Great was originally from Argos in the Peloponnese – Our historians Herodotus and Thucydides said so."

Some serious banner sophistication right there (seriously, would anyone make such a banner for a protest ANYWHERE else in the world?), but I'd like to note the following:

Herodotus died circa 425 BC.

Thucydides died circa 400 BC.

Alexander was born in 356 BC.

Herodotus and Thucydides were truly great historians. Some would call them visionary, even.

jcgoble3 and divapilot like this.
  20. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    When my sister Diane was having a hard time sleeping when she was pregnant with little Ronnie she would get on Netflix and watch Pokemon episodes until she fell asleep. Netflix will automatically play the next episode and if you're on YouTube they have an autoplay feature if you're watching/listening to a playlist. You can disable the autoplay on YouTube by telling it not to play the next video. However, I didn't realize that YouTube will ask if you're still listening/paying attention; Netflix will and Pandora Radio does as well.

Sith-I-5 likes this.
  21. Halle Dray

Halle Dray Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    *poked head in and sniffs the air*

Hello there. I suppose I’m rather new to this place!

22. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Welcome, @Halle Dray! :) Since the dark side has cake, give us some. Now! :D

Last edited: Feb 4, 2018
    Halle Dray likes this.
  23. Halle Dray

Halle Dray Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    Coincidentally, I have chocolate cake in the oven right now! @Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet and Lady_Misty like this.
  24. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    The Solo Teaser is available!

Ewok Poet and Halle Dray like this.