main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sidious, Snoke and Salacious B Crumb’s Sarcastic and Sassy Situation Saloon (Fanfic Social Thread)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Briannakin , Oct 11, 2017.

1. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    I currently don't work, but when I do, it's freelancing and I prefer Australian clients, so yeah. Not to mention that I'm known to be unable to stop when on a creative binge. I think that both of these are excuses, though. I have been like this since 2003 and I should finally do something to change it. That "something" being discipline and not benzos, melatonin, valeriana (can't even take that one, contraindications with Lamictal) or whatever other sleep aid there is.

Some cool musiK...

Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
  2. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    ^ Ooooh, one of my favorite bands!

Ewok Poet likes this.
  3. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Ewok Poet likes this.
  4. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Random confession: I despise the Legends names for weekdays. One of them sounds like something gooey and wrong. :/

EDIT: OK, EP, enough internet for today, you're becoming angry with the entire planet.

5. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    This afternoon my mother and I went to the funeral of a family friend she knew from the time they were involved in a clandestine group against the dictatorship in the 1960-70s. I knew that he was among the first people to go into hiding and that he was later arrested, but I didn't know the details of the story, and the devil is really in the details. The man got himself a fake identity and rented a flat in Glyfada, a suburb on the southern coast of Athens. He hid there for more than a year; the only other person who knew the address did his shopping for him; he kept the organisation's archives, etc. Basically, the whole clandestine shebang...

... except that, when the weather was nice, he went to the beach. Every day. And he was arrested on the beach, in his swimming trunks.

You can't make this stuff up.

6. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    @Ewok Poet - Thank you for encouraging me to chase up my provider, re. that router.

The idiot that I dealt with, hadn't even entered it on the system, so I have been waiting in vain since Saturday.

The person I dealt with today, hopefully arranged for one to come tomorrow, but it will be anywhere from 8am to 6pm.

I haven't had a working landline for two years, partially due to their incompetence, and partially due to me not dealing with the matter for two years.

My tv/phone/broadband provider took over a bunch of companies; and one day, after my Dad and I argued about who was paying the phone bill each month - sort of "I'm Spartacus" telephony - we realised that he was renting a phone from some company that became Provider A, whilst I was paying for the triple package (including phone) through a different company that also became Provider A.
    I got our bills merged, so that I was paying both.

When he passed on, and I found myself paying for two phones, I tried to have HIS one cancelled, but they killed MY number.

So I have been paying a single phone bill for two or more years, not knowing what the number was, and my own phone inoperative, till I tried to sort it last weekend.

Chyntuck likes this.
  7. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    I don't think so!!! :eek: Hope she's doing okay, @Briannakin! You're really having a [CENSORED] week!

Ha, someone once referred to SW fans discussing the GFFA with "Talmudic intesity" and I think that comes pretty close!

Dear friend, seriously...you gotta lay off the PepsiMax! The caffeine is not helping you at all! Can't you go cold turkey or something? [:D][face_love] I cut out most soda when I was in grad school. Stress + caffeine = rampant insomnia, which didn't help the stress or the grades. So, I stopped drinking any kind of caffeine after 12 pm. It helped. You've got enough to deal with! [:D]

They say truth is stranger than fiction, because fiction has to make sense. I think your story is proof. What an awful way to be arrested! :eek:

You're in the UK? I've heard stories... :( Hope it gets sorted this time!

No news here. Took the day off and spent it cleaning like a demon. Have hit the wall. HOWEVER: house is clean, fridge is stocked, Monday is a holiday! I get to goof off (and hopefully get some writing done) for the next three days! [face_dancing]

8. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    Holiday on Monday, so no work for me. Although, I do have a dental appointment.

RK_Striker_JK_5 likes this.
  9. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Good luck with that. A cleaning, or major work?

10. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    Just a cleaning. I am also taping "Rebels".

RK_Striker_JK_5 and Ewok Poet like this.
  11. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Still haven't gotten my car fixed [face_waiting] It's cheaper to fix the mirror than to replace it, but they have to order parts, so it's going to take 3 weeks. But the guy said my duct tape fix is fine. Not sure how I feel about it, but it's not like I'm going far. I just want all evidence of this week to be over.

BUUUUUTTT. I did get some good news today! Got my assignment back and the final mark for my first module: an A!!!!!!

[​IMG]

Ewok Poet, Chyntuck, jcgoble3 and 5 others like this.
  12. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    ^ That's wonderful news!

13. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    Thanks @Chyntuck

I´m glad to hear you´ve recieved some good news today, @Briannakin

I´ve phoned the office of my company today and tried to explain the situation but its clear that they are conviced its all my fault. They didn´t said it directly but I get the feeling they think I was lying about how many papers I would need in my district to get a greater number resulting in higher pay, and that I would the supernumary papers in the container. Though I was, hopefully, able to convince them that I hadn´t thrown away any papers, but instead possibly distributed to many to some of the houses in my district, resulting in the inhabitants of said houses throwing the supernumary papers into said container. Now I´ve been tasked to keep trak on how many papers should be exactly disributed to each house and tell my superiors about it and give them the correct number of papers I need. I really hope that this will satisfy them and prevent me from loosing the job.

On a more positove note, after more than three weeks and several visits from a technican, today I´ve finally managed to get my new internet router to work.

Sith-I-5 and Chyntuck like this.
  14. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Yay! Something in Sister Bri’s week is going right! :) [face_dance]

Hubby and my van is fixed so my In Laws can return the rental soon.

We saw Black Panther and love it! If/when you guys go to see it don’t forget the mid and post credit scenes; they usually are the best. Though the post credit scene for Spider Man Homecoming still takes the cake.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Sith-I-5, Chyntuck and Thorn058 like this.
  15. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    So, I was stupid yesterday. 20 hours of being awake was enough to get into all kinds of weirdness.

A person who kind of teases me all the time but generally means well and one who doesn't were kind of mean to me. Then I said a white lie where I put myself down for no apparent reason other than my Eastern-Westerner complex - yup, just made that up. Then, out of blue, I went on a rant about something because it's "unrealistic" and I figured out that there was one single thing that I didn't like, yet I said that I did back in the days. And I don't like lying. I hate it when I lie. I try to never-ever lie and usually, I get out of things by not saying anything, but one of my shadow functions sometimes get the worst out of me. In the end, I got icky about the word "jelly" and words that sound like it, because they're creepy.

Then I slept for 12.5 hours and woke up thirty minutes later from my designated wake-up deadline defined yesterday. So, half of a penalty point for me on the first day. That's not bad.

Now I'm sitting here listening to Ace of Base and waiting for mom to get ready, so we can go to the farmers' market.

I sort of identified my triggers: people being cold, fear of comparison with others of any kind, rejection, money-related anything, white lies on my behalf. And - of course - the proverbial fear of either real or imaginary abandonment - most often the latter. When all of these catch me on the same day, it's a bit of hell.

So, by the time I'm 35...

...I need to get off my rear and finish that portfolio. Then make money and not worry if it doesn't cross this country's standard at first, because that does not make me a lesser individual or a slave. Then think of how to finally do something about more than decade of just sitting there in purgatory, because, in one year's time it will be closer to two decades and I don't want to become a novel or a film. Then set the same goal as I did two years ago, but also remember that I need money to live on in the last third of the year. Then...I dunno.

In my case, it's insomnia followed by hypersomnia - after the Great Binge of February 14th, I spent most of the day, as well as February 15th sleeping. But this is the first time that such weirdness happened outside of the period when it usually does, since I have roughly three weeks of an up and ten days of a down. Now I see how somebody who didn't know me well could have gotten my condition wrong and went with the illness du jour, as these cycles are odd. But I never had an uncontrollable "up", it's hormones plaguing me, and caffeine kind of doesn't "correct" it.

And I still stand by what I said yesterday - I'll fix these sleep cycles without sleeping aids.

All my love to you, you're gr9. [face_love][face_love][face_love]

Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
  16. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    That's good. I haven't seen much of Rebels. Gotta one of these days.

17. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    You should, it's a good series. TBH, I really didn't get into it until season 3 started.

18. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    I wonder why. ;) ;) ;)

We're back from the farmers' market. Got a nice pair of black tights with white dots - they'll look awesome with some of my winter skirts and dresses and they'll be warm under trousers. We then had a CLASSY lunch of fish sticks, Tartar sauce and chips (crisps for ya Brits). Makes...err...sense in this household.

Tomorrow I'm cooking my famous fennel and carrot soup, making "Spanish chicken" and cream puffs.

19. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    I love Spanish food, and Mexican food. When I was a little girl, my family lived in Texas so Tex-Mex food for me is the ultimate comfort food.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  20. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    I'll try to. What Disney has done has not... thrilled me, to put it simply.

Mistress_Renata likes this.
  21. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    ^ Well, I am a Thrawn fan girl.

22. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Have seen Black Panther, me an' my mates loved it. I recomend to all to go and see it

23. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    I guess I'm just angry I'll never get a Tenel Ka toy. :(

Nehru_Amidala likes this.
  24. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    You could find an Amy Pond action figure and pretend it's Tenel Ka.

25. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Loooong day. Went shopping in a city over an hour away, bought one thing, just got home and realized I left the bag with the sweater we bought at a cafe in the city. I had one job .....

Thankfully diva daughter is going to be the next town over to the city so she will swing over to the cafe and pick it up.