main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sidious' stange techiniques

Discussion in 'Archive: Salt Lake City, UT' started by YodasLightSaber23, May 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YodasLightSaber23

YodasLightSaber23 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 20, 2002
    Have any of you ever wondered how Palpatine can be in two places at once? I was thinking about that the other day, maybe I am just severely missing something, but he always seems to be in more than one place at a time. Do you think he could have had a clone made of him?

2. FiveHorizons

FiveHorizons Jedi Master star 3

Mar 19, 2002
    NO! No clone, no clone, no clone.

3. YodasLightSaber23

May 20, 2002
  4. CwrnPuppet

CwrnPuppet Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    I'm just not convinced that he IS in two places at once. Everyone cites the fact that the sky looks the same, but I don't quite buy that. The area in which Sidious is seen at the end of AOTC was also that color when Kenobi & Anakin chased Zam there in the beginning of the film - a stark contrast to the sky when the chase began.

Not only that, but in a speeder, it would only take minutes to get to where the armies are being displayed.

5. YodasLightSaber23

May 20, 2002
    good point. But I still have this thought in my mind that wont go. He is so, evil there has to be something going on with that.

6. FiveHorizons

FiveHorizons Jedi Master star 3

Mar 19, 2002
    Well, who's to say that it took place right after the previous scene? Anakin and Padme are on Naboo about 10 minutes after the Geonosis battle, does that mean they made it to Naboo, changed their attire, found a clergyman and initiated a wedding in 10 minutes? No... I don't see what is so hard to grasp about the concept that Sidious is Palpatine. Take off one robe, put on another, and wham bam thank ya ma'am, you're an evil Sith Lord.

If you look at Chancellor Palpatine, he is getting closer and closer to that yellow, decomposing look the Emperor maintained, so it's just odd to think he needs a clone. It'd be unnecessary. Is it impossible? No, but highly unlikely and stupid if it is.

7. CwrnPuppet

CwrnPuppet Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    Tremonti, I agree - I just don't see the point of Palpatine being a clone, from a narrative point of view. It wouldn't be a very interesting plot twist and, unless done extremely well, it would be rather contrived.

8. darth_toad

darth_toad Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 19, 2002
    Well there was an story written in some star wars mag stating that palpatine could not have lived as long as he did. It even stated that he did have back up clones that he could meditate into thus transferring as his thoughts to new body. It said he had learned the ability to do that from the sith holocron. The back lash from the sith transfer is that it would deplete his body at a extrmely fast rate. Hence why he is not young, an old again. I don't know. I myself will not rule out the idea that he may some clones. A sith lord cannot live forever. Also in Shadows of the empire, Palpatines CLONE is a jedi.

Phew sorry, Just a thought.

9. Marold

Marold Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 17, 2001
    Where did you read that in Shadows?

10. darth_toad

darth_toad Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 19, 2002
    It was in one of the comics. i can't remember which one, my fried collects all th sw comics, i can probrably find out if you like

11. YodasLightSaber23

May 20, 2002
    I should like to read that comic if you can get ahold of the name for me. Sounds very interesting.

12. Darth Blob

Darth Blob Jedi Master star 1

Apr 19, 1999
    The Emperor/Clone saga was Dark Empire. The first series was pretty good. Great art work. The next two series, Dark Empire 2 and Empire's End, felt contrived to me. I didn't enjoy their stories as much.

13. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    I still haven't been able to read Empires End. Course i'm not going to go out and buy the comic either so I guess I'll wait.

14. ImDaBudge

ImDaBudge Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2002
    About that whole Dark Empire series. I just don't like that the Emperor was resurected (aka he moved into a cloned body). It really destroys Anakin Skywalker's sacrifice for his son, and BRINGING BALANCE TO THE FORCE. If the Emperor can just come back from the dead what was the point.

On another point I've never seen anytime when it seemed like Palpatine was in two places at one time. The scene were he meets with Dooku, and then views the army are TWO different scenes. They aren't happening at the same time and in my OPINION don't seem to be filmed in a way that I'd ever believe that they are ment to be taken as such.

15. Pichilingi

Pichilingi Jedi Youngling

Apr 28, 2002
    Just in case anyone is interested, the Salt Lake County Library has a number of the Star Wars comics in book form. Including the Dark Empire storyline. Look in 742 (?) in the non-fiction books. They shelve them with the art books.

16. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    Is Empires End in there as well? I've tried to check it out but they keep saying they don't carry it. Course the book that is called that is actually an X-Men book. Kind of different subject don't ya think?

17. CorranHorn242

CorranHorn242 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2002
    OK. Dark Empire is exhibit A. It says in there that the only way Palpatine was able to perpetuate his life and maintain power was throught the use of clones (remember that when one becomes that attuned to the dark side, it destroys you physically as well-- although Vader did not need worry because he was mostly machine anyway). Exhibit B- has anyone beside me read the novelization for TPM? At the end, Palpatine arrives on Naboo for the victory celebration/funeral for Qui-Gon, yet that same night Darth Sidious is on Coruscant mourning the loss of his apprentice. next day, Palpatine is on Naboo. Now I don't know about you guys, but I really find it far-fetched that he would travel all the way across the galaxy just to think about some crap. Sorry, I don't buy it. I think Palpatine is behind the whole thing. At the end of AotC, Sidious was praising Dooku for starting the Clone Wars... That tells me that he's very much involved somehow.

18. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    It's been about a year since I read the book but I thought it said that Sidious looked out some balcony and morning him. I could be wrong, which I usually am. They could have put that in there to throw people off that Sidious and Palpatine are not the same person.

19. netslave

netslave Jedi Youngling star 2

May 30, 2002
    sid's a changling I tell ya!

20. CorranHorn242

CorranHorn242 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2002
    You're right, Marold. He was on a balcony much like the scene we saw where he was with Maul in TPM. However, according to Terry Brooks, this was not an error. It was originally in the first draft of the story and Lucas wanted him to keep it in there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.