main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sidious study of the Darkside history

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Circle_Is_Complete, Jun 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Circle_Is_Complete

Circle_Is_Complete Jedi Youngling star 3

May 20, 2005
    When taking Anakin back into basically i guess his study Sidious discusses learning the dark half of the Force to get a deeper understanding because in order to fully understand it you can't rely on the dogmatic views of a Jedi. He even has murals or some type of art i figured had significance. Maybe a story of the Old Sith wars when they were more prevelant. This combined with his own experience with Plageius, why would he have all his plans based around Anakin? He tells Yoda he will become more powerful then even Yoda or himself. Shouldn't that be a Sith Master "red light"? When does a Sith apprentice NOT try and destroy his master eventually. Their beliefs and thoughts are inward and only about themselves, never about others. In the immediate future im sure that he felt he lucked out even more once Vader became only a shell of himself. Now not only did he gain control of the galaxy but the ONE person he would have to fear ever turning on him would be Vader and that didnt seem possible now. Of course in the long run it got him. So was it his need for power or greed that truly blinded him to everything he studied and saw or was it the feeling of invincibility by puppeteering everyone and thing exactly the way he wanted that made him feel he could do anything? I find it ironic that the Sith came up with the rule of 2 to stop them from eliminating each other and yet Sidious did not take into consideration the first rule in the Sith guideines. Survival of the fittest. He seemed to be getting whatever he wanted with addiquit apprentices in Maul and Dooku. He got to selfish in trying to steal away "The Chosen One" maybe he was dupped by the prophecy as well.There is also a possibility that he truly did think the Republic was corrupt and would do anything to correct it. I doubt that personally but it too is out there.

2. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    I don't get what are you trying to point out

3. Circle_Is_Complete

May 20, 2005
    I was just saying why is it that all the history of the Sith this guy apparently studied and knows and he didnt learn from it? Why did he so badly want Anakin to be his apprentice forseeing he would one day surpass him and Yoda(as he remarked to Yoda)He knows once he is trained in the way of the Sith he will crave the same things as all past Sith apprentices. Why did he overlook this?

4. sword_of_raditz

sword_of_raditz Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 2, 2005
  5. Circle_Is_Complete

May 20, 2005
    It really isnt that hard to understand, why does Sidious want Anakin so badly as an apprentice, knowing what usually becomes of Sith masters once they are exceeded by their apprentices

6. sword_of_raditz

Jun 2, 2005
    Because he just wants to get rid of him after he did his job. (tried to get rid of him in ROTJ)

7. Circle_Is_Complete

May 20, 2005
    The only reason he is able to do this was what occured on Mustafar, He didnt forsee that. He told Yoda he would be come more powerful. That was one of my points he seemed to get the job done fine with expendable apprentices along the way.

8. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    "Always in motion the future is"

9. sword_of_raditz

Jun 2, 2005
    1. This belongs in ROTS forum.

2. He was going to get rid of Vader anyway, even if he didnt replace him with Luke. Luke isn't the only person who has to replace Vader once Palpatine's Empire is established.

10. Circle_Is_Complete

May 20, 2005
    Actually the entire PT is partially the story of Sidious' plan to overtake the Republic. It didnt just happen in ROTS. So i'm confident im in the right forum. I mainly wondered if anyone had any thoughts on why Sidious may have made choices he made and where they believed he erred.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.