main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sidious

Discussion in 'Archive: The Phantom Menace' started by SithMaster83, Mar 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithMaster83

SithMaster83 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 13, 2005
    Quick question.....OK Palps whole goal in Episode I is to get to b the Chancellor of the senate...with that in mind...WHY in the beginning does he want that treaty signed?...Lets assume things didnt go as planned...what if the Queen signed the treaty right away and never came to the Capital?...how in the heck would he have become Chancellor then?

2. Tartarus

Tartarus Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 29, 2005
    he knew how she would react, that's why he's the master planner.

and if by some chance he was wrong, the TF gets Naboo and their debt to him increases. He may have even had contingency plans for becoming Chancellor.

3. SithMaster83

Jan 13, 2005
    My other idea was like u sed....he knew how she would react....blah blah....and maybe he juss kept telling the Gunray to get the treaty signed so Gunray would think Sidious was behind him 100%....even though he secretly wanted her to come to The Capital....maybe there is a chance that juss like in AOTC...Sidious was playin both sides in TPM as well...so that either way...he wins?

4. Sith-Jedi-Master

Sith-Jedi-Master Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2004
    Of course sidious was playing both sides...i mean he is the master ...he has been working towards this for his whole life and he knew what he was doing....Sidious is the man in thi movie he planned the whole thing and it work out just like he wanted it to

5. SithMaster83

Jan 13, 2005
    I mean I pry shoulda known that....and a part of me did...I guess I juss underestimate the smartness of Palps sumtimes lol

6. Cereal_Killa

Cereal_Killa Jedi Youngling

Mar 4, 2005
    SithMaster83

The "Treaty" that the Neimoidians wanted Padme to sign was a legally binding agreement for both occupancy and stricter control of the Naboo system. This would still have put the kind Senator from Naboo as a choice for being a candidate for Chancellorship. Palpatine would still have made a sympathy plea with or with out Queen Amidala in the senate. Having her killed would have made it even more compelling for Palpatine to gain support in the senate.

7. jawaavenger

jawaavenger Jedi Master star 2

Mar 8, 2005
    Cereal_killa said it right. If queen signed treaty or was killed it would have created sympathy vote. If queen comes to Senate then it still creates sympathy vote.

8. Evertonian1878

Evertonian1878 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 2005
    I think that Darth Sidious 'See's things Before They Happen'.

Live Forever

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.