main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sidious's Groan

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by Zabak80, Mar 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_Plo_Koon

Lord_Plo_Koon Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 28, 2004
    That "scream" if i am not mistaken has been heard in many movies before and even television shows like charmed. It is a standard "evil" scream for a bad guy.

Btw that scene is the coolest scene in the whole trailer. To see sids attack like that gave me goosebumps and that "scream" added to the dramatic effect. Let's hope they keep it in.

2. Imperial Politician

Imperial Politician Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 9, 1999
    Added for "Dramatic Effect" - no doubt, I watched it over and over again...and I thought it was one of the best parts of the Trailer.

Chills man....I'm getting the chills.

Same why I had them when I watched the trailer for EPI on-line back in '98 on TheForce.net

3. monarque1972

monarque1972 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 15, 2004
    That scream scene really deserves a thread of its own.
    The dark side never felt darker and more powerful than in that scene. If the scream stays in the movie, I think it will be one of th most intense scenes of the whole saga!!

regards

4. NoCloneTheories

NoCloneTheories Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 22, 2003
    look at the shot slow, it is palpatine jumping in on one leg, landing, and then swinging. He flips there, I believe.

5. Darth_Republican

Darth_Republican Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 29, 2004
    It's Ned Flanders.

6. Unkar's Muffins

Unkar's Muffins Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2002
    You know, if you compare this scene to the one where he just rises up from his chair after saying "Are you threatening me, Master Jedi?" you almost get the impression like he's eager to wipe these guys out. He just jumps right in without even waiting for Mace & Co. to do anything.

Bloodthirsty for Jedi, seems he.

7. marky_wan

marky_wan Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 9, 2003
    The sound is not coming from Sidious, its dramatic sound fx, like they use alot in movies depicting hellish or unholy things.

Actually, a good recent example is on the ROTS Teaser when Anakin faces the camera with yellow eyes. - I highly doubt Anakin was making his own 'HAT CHA CHA!!!' evil sounds :D

8. obi1andreasen79

obi1andreasen79 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 25, 2005
    sure...just like cops in new york would love to be "threatened" so they can bust a cap in your noodle! j/k...sort of. yeah...palps has been waiting for this like we've been waiting for this movie. time for revenge baby...and now that hes threatened...he can get it.

9. -The_Chosen_One-

-The_Chosen_One- Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 27, 2004
    It's most likely a dub for a much less shrilling scream. The same thing goes for Gunray's pathetic whimper when Anakin slashes him across the chest.

10. chris_ob

chris_ob Jedi Youngling

Jan 6, 2005
    Unless I'm mistaken, wasn't there a Ternian spoiler about Palpatine having an audio recording device active during this scene? I recall reading that he is silently winking at them and stuff, while shouting "Treason!" and the like for the benefit of the recording...an inhuman scream would ruin the effect of that, I reckon.

11. Imperial Politician

Nov 9, 1999
    Ah, I love the "a cha cha cha" sound too.

Oh, so sweet.

Oh, the acting for Palpatine and Sidious have been the best part of the PT. Just sublime at times.

12. Flaar_Fyre

Flaar_Fyre Jedi Master star 2

Aug 4, 2004
    I loved his scream in the trailer. It just adds something to it, when he is running (looks like flying)at them in the trailer. I think kids 7 and under could get a nightmare from seeing and hearing something like that, lol.

13. Imperial Politician

Nov 9, 1999
    When I was little I was scare of Yoda saying "You will be. You will be."

He looks darn right evil there.

14. Force-Addict

Force-Addict Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 31, 2003
    I loved it, its perfect

15. DMPjedi

DMPjedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 26, 2003
    I'm sure the sound you're hearing was just put in for dramatic effect leading up to the drum beats. And boy do I love those drum beats :) I too absolutely love the Sidious attack and how Mace backs off...perfect.

16. Force-Addict

Force-Addict Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 31, 2003
    I would back off too, you see the way he's charging at four Jedi

Damn

17. Zabak80

Zabak80 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 13, 2002
    I hope it stays in. This scene is the true unleashing of the ultimate dark side power. It needs to have more than just a visual. The "scream" in one scene and then Sidious's cackling in the other when he fights Yoda is perfect.

18. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    It was awesome in the trailer, but I agree that it was just added for the affect. Not going to be in that scene. My first thought was the sound of the Nos Monster.

19. war_monger

war_monger Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 26, 2003
    That scream is one of my favorite things from the trailer. I hope to God that it really is Sidious.

20. Rebel Scumb

Rebel Scumb Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 22, 1999
    "I like it to...but...theres something familiar about it. it's like a geonosion from AOTC."

Its the sound of either a geonosan or the nexu or both, but either way I don't thinkit will be used for Palpatine in the movie, just for the trailer.

21. Darth-Horax

Darth-Horax Force Ghost star 6

Aug 22, 2001
    Dudes, it's a Force Scream from KOTOR 2. That's why teh jedi are all stunned...can't really move when you're Force Screamed at! ;)

22. Sidious-3

Sidious-3 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 16, 2005
    EU material.....uh-oh....

23. Jedi_Jones84

Jedi_Jones84 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 9, 2004
    LOL, yeah I totally agree on that devilish hellish demonic screech it should stay in the film, it add's so much more effect to that scene, and i just love his confidence, the way he says 'are you threatening me master jedi' and then leaps at them, already knowing he's capable of disposes all 4 of them, it just absolutely kicks arse, its awesome...
    and my sister who's 12 was watching the trailer, and she actually jumped on that part, to answer the question about kids being scared and stuff, well she's quite a mature girl for 12, and jumped when he leaped at them ;)

[face_love]

24. Emperors_Royal_Guard

Emperors_Royal_Guard Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 31, 2004
    i would really like for it to stay in the film

25. Iceman_X

Iceman_X Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 11, 2005
    I think his groan is more like an oh crap here we go

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.