main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sidious's Groan

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by Zabak80, Mar 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joe-da

joe-da Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2002
    I hope it stays as Palpatine's scream! Hey, with the Dark Side, you're supposed to do things others would call "unnatural"...

2. jedi-killah

jedi-killah Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2003
    I really hope that's his real scream in the final cut. It gives me the creeps everytime I see it. That scene sorta remind me of the Exorcist.

3. wookie_fett

wookie_fett Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 28, 2001
    It's not a scream, nor is it a groan...

It's more of a 1000 year old pent up exhalation... A complete release of restraint...

There is almost an excitement to it, like "Finally I get to waste some Jedi"!!!!

It's too nice a touch not to be part of that scene

4. Star_Wars_Freak_2006

Star_Wars_Freak_2006 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2004
    Yeah, the preview to ROTS makes it look almost like a scary movie...

5. One-with-the-Force

One-with-the-Force Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2002
    Wow, I didn't know that noise was Sidious at all. I thought it was just a neat sound effect to simulate his "glide" from his chair to right in front of the Jedi.

6. angus_r

angus_r Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 24, 2004
    Hi!

I was just drifting through the old threads and found this one. Now, it's pretty clear that the groan/cry/roar that accompanied Palpatine's attack in the trailer also accompanied it in the movie. Is there any evidence to suggest that this was always so? While I was very hopeful that this sound would be used (and thus very happy on May 19th), the posters on this thread made some pretty reasonable comments to suggest that I would be disappointed when I saw the movie.

Is it possible that a decision was made to add the Palpatine's "trailer roar" to the movie scene - perhaps based on positive reactions of cinema audiences who had seen the trailer?

Just a thought...

A

7. Scorch62Delta

Scorch62Delta Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 5, 2005
    The scream was awesome and one of the best sound effects in the entire movie, and i am so glad they kept it in the movie. Based on what some people were saying on Page 1, there were quite a few people eating "shorts and ketchup delight" on May 19th [face_laugh]

200 posts!

8. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    Who knows. Though George has always said that he makes the movies from his ideas and perspectives, not the fans. Given the fact that the scream was in the Trailer in the first place, he must have already had the idea to use it. I think our reactions had little persuasion with his decision.

9. Ob-wan-shawa

Ob-wan-shawa Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 10, 2005
    I loved it it was like finally i get to kill stupid jedi. Rooooar!

10. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    With the exception of the score bits used in the trailers and the change made to Vader raising up on the table, every PT trailer matches up to what is in the film. Palpatine's roar was always going to be in the film. Nothing was created specifically for the trailer, save for Hayden saying "Yes, Master". And that was only because James Earl Jones hadn't recorded his lines yet, when the teaser was done.

11. Get_in_Gear

Get_in_Gear Jedi Youngling star 5

Nov 29, 2004
    Don't forget Ani charging down the corrdor in the Jedi Temple being cut from the finished film and the shot of Ki-Adi-Mundi's death being "moved" from the as yet unrendered Mygeeto to a miscellaneous hangar background.

:-B

12. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    With the exception of the score bits used in the trailers and the change made to Vader raising up on the table, every PT trailer matches up to what is in the film.

What about Palpatine charging the Jedi? In the trailer, it shows him leaping over his desk to face Mace and the other Jedi, but in the film, he does his somersault thing and faces them that way. I rather preferred the way it was in the trailer.

13. BlackRook

BlackRook Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 18, 2005
    It's just the way that part was cut together in the trailer. It cut from Palpatine revealing his lightsaber straight to the shot where he lands in front of the Jedi, giving the impression that he just flew right at them, but as far as I can tell, the actual shots aren't any different.

14. Get_in_Gear

Get_in_Gear Jedi Youngling star 5

Nov 29, 2004
    No, they are the same shots with, as you say, the dive edited out.

15. JediCouncilMaster

JediCouncilMaster Jedi Youngling star 6

Jun 23, 2005
    The yell in the trailer is not the same as in the movie. In the trailer you just hear a sinister yell. But in the movie you hear his yell get overlappeed by a more darker one. So yeah it's different. He does it regular then gets overlapped.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.