main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sidious's plan: Getting rid of Padme

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by MasterDraco, Nov 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MasterDraco

MasterDraco Jedi Youngling

Nov 24, 2005
    Sidious offered the power "he knew" to stop Padme from dying, Anakin falls for it thinking that Sidious has this power. When he pledges to the Sith, Sidious doesn't knowo_O . By lying to Anakin about this power got him to turn=D=. But I think Sidious did this because he wanted to get rid of the one person who might've been able to turn Anakin back: Padme:_|. With the Jedi gone and Padme dead, Anakin/Vader was his. (Until ROTJ)

What do you think?

2. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Padme would gum up the works. After Anakin turned, she would be dealt with in due time.

3. MasterDraco

Nov 24, 2005
    Maybe, but if Padme turned him back like Luke did, it could've happened.

4. DUGGY

DUGGY Jedi Youngling star 4

Apr 23, 2005
    Well i don't think he knew Anakin would be responsible for killing her. but i agree there was no room for Sith Wives. Padme was destined to die. But telling Anakin that was a Ploy to get him onside . Palps knew that Anakin's fear for Padme would be the perfect way to ensure that Anakin would not let the Jedi destroy him.

5. darth_frared

darth_frared Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 24, 2005
    i'm always sure that padme was meant to be rid off after anakin turned. that he has a hand in it himself is all too convenient for sid.

6. DUGGY

DUGGY Jedi Youngling star 4

Apr 23, 2005
    well since TPM she has been walking around with a Bullseye on her forehead.

7. sithrules70

sithrules70 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    but if sidious kills her what would he tell vader ??lets say vader survives mustafar unspoiled i seriously doubt sidious would want a fight or vader to think he was stabbed in the back.if he kills padme then he better have the best scape goat he can come up with

8. LadyZaraMarta

LadyZaraMarta Jedi Master star 5

Aug 21, 2004
    Sidious is the grand puppet master. No doubt, Skywalker confided in Palpatine of his love for Amidala. Sidious used Anakin's feelings for Padme to help turn him to the Dark Side. Sidious knew little Ani's history - he used it.

In the deleted scenes, Palpatine was raising doubt about Padme in Skywalker's mind.

Anakin was afraid of losing what he believed belonged to him. He lost his mother - now he was in danger of losing Padme.

That's not love.

If you recall, in Return of the Jedi, when Luke asked Leia about her mother, Leia replied her mother died when she was young, but she did had memories. In the book, it mentioned Leia remembering her mother holding her and hiding in a trunk/crate.

So, originally Padme DID LIVE a little longer .

Padme was a danger to the Empire. One way or another she would have died. Sidious would have seen to that.

9. sithrules70

May 28, 2005
    actually is called self centered love or selfish love but IT IS love nontheless

10. LadyZaraMarta

Aug 21, 2004
    It's not the type of love to base a marriage or any healthy relationship.

That was Skywalker's trouble. He was a very selfish individual, who brought ruin to himself and everyone.

11. sithrules70

May 28, 2005
    thats the whole point.not only anakin was like that,if padme's love for him was a healthy kind of love then she wouldnt have died only because of anakin's turn.she was just as attached to anakin as anakin was to her

12. LadyZaraMarta

Aug 21, 2004
    As Padme said, in AOTC - she couldn't explain why she loved him.

What if Anakin used his abilities to heighten Padme's feelings for him.

True, he said his abilities work on only the weak minded, but what if he lied??? He is powerful. He wanted Padme so much, I could see him doing that- but we are moving away from the original subject of this thread.

13. sithrules70

May 28, 2005
    i think that to say that he used his powers to make her love him is way too much[face_talk_hand] the guy is not THAT sick and desgusting i think he deserves a little of more credit than you are giving him

and i agree we are waaaay off topic

PS: didnt mean to sound harsh[face_peace]

14. LadyZaraMarta

Aug 21, 2004
    You don't sound harsh at all Sithrules- no problem.

Padme's time was limited. She was a danger to Sidious new Empire.He probably found it quite delightful to inform his new apprentice that he was the cause of Amidala's demise.

15. Droid

Droid Jedi Master star 1

Feb 28, 2000
    probably? You must have missed the ear to ear grin that that Sidious had on his face when he saw how Vader reacted to the news of Padme's death.

16. MasterDraco

Nov 24, 2005
    Sidious's diabolical plan was complete: Vader was his, and only his.

17. voodoopuuduu

voodoopuuduu Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 22, 2004
    but if sidious kills her what would he tell vader ??

Sids never does his own dirty work. He would have someone else do it in a cleverly disguised scheme.

18. mjerome3

mjerome3 Jedi Knight star 6

May 11, 2000
    Sidious definetly wanted Padme dead to insure Vader would remain trapped. Without any loved one's, Vader couldn't tie himself to Anakin Skywalker. This is why he wanted her dead.

19. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Sidious would manipulate Vader into killing Padme. Or barring that, he'd have her killed by proxy. An assassin or bounty hunter. Or this time, Palpatine himself does it.

20. ulien

ulien Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 29, 2005
    Padme would die the first time Vader would get angry of her

21. theBluePhoenix

theBluePhoenix Jedi Master star 3

Jan 4, 2001
    That?s an idea that I posted a while ago. Once Anakin turns, Padme MUST die. If she is alive then Anakin has something good to live for. If she is dead then all he has is Palpatine and he has no reason to leave his side.

22. sithrules70

May 28, 2005
    exactly what i think

23. theBluePhoenix

theBluePhoenix Jedi Master star 3

Jan 4, 2001
    ^I believe that is exactly what happened in ROTS. Even if you choose to believe that she died of a ?broken heart?:rolleyes: (which is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard) Anakin/Vader was the cause. Therefore Vader killed Padme.

24. sithrules70

May 28, 2005
    i do not "chose to believe " that she died of a broken heart...because i know she did.the medical droid says she is completely healthy then she is completely healthy.

kill someone and cause someone's death is not exactly the same...he didnt do it with his hands.

so no from my POV he didnt kill her..she did it herself by not accepting that anakin was gone.

25. MOC Vober Dand

MOC Vober Dand Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 6, 2004
    Yep, she died because she lost the will to live.

This was ridiculous IMO, considering she had just given birth. It would've been far better if she'd died from the force choke. Would've made Vader even more evil and Padme a bit less lame.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.