main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

DFW, TX *Sigh*

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by scudknight, Apr 25, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scudknight

scudknight Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 2, 2000
    I'm depressed, with the untimely demise of the BHC store, I am wondering what local place there is to kind of pick up where i left off collectingwise. i like e-bay ok, but theres nothing like handling the item before you buy it, and i dont condone overpriced purchases from lonestars' limited stock. any ideas?

btw, what happened at the meeting?

2. Obi_Bamm_Karaoke

Obi_Bamm_Karaoke Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 19, 2000
    Is the demise official? I was told that the decision hadn't been made yet. Narf.

As far as where else to go; I'm not sure. I know that there is a place up in Plano that Tim and I saw at the last show when we went to get the wings, but I couldn't tell you either the name or location. I want to say that it was on Parker, off of Central, but I'm not sure. It's the exit before Spring Creek, with the Target on the west side. The shop was across the street from it, I think.

3. DarthCynthia

DarthCynthia Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 18, 2000
    Awww.. poor scudknight :( I know.. I was freaking out when he told us that he might have to shut down. Has he made it official yet? :(

He does sell on eBay. I'm like you in that I do like to check out stuff before I buy it but I hate eBay these days because I'm terrified of someone messing with me and I don't care what their positive feedback looks like. I would buy from Patrick however, so I'll be keeping my eye out for his auctions on eBay since he's on there.

It is a bummer, tho' because it was so fun to be able to go to a shop like that :D The first time I walked in I wandered around in a daze.. there was just too much to look at LOL!!!

Hopefully we'll be able to find another place, too... and there's always conventions.. see what dealers might be from our area as well - and hope they're as cool as Patrick was about pricing. BHC was not just a cool shop, the owners were sweeties (and maybe they still are, since I haven't heard exactly if they have to shut down or not).. hey, theCloud.. you around to tell us if you've had to make any decisions?

4. DarthCynthia

Nov 18, 2000
    OOPS.. you asked about the meeting, too. It was mainly to get an idea of the sort of planning folks will have to be doing for the lineup... if you're interested in helping out as part of the "support group", I'd contact someone like Eric, or Tim and find out more about it. Unfortunately since I won't be able to do more than just visit the lineup here and there to see how everyone's doing, I didn't make any notes about that part of the meeting, sadly. I am looking forward to the Grapevine convention (don't have their webpage handy right now.. sorry.. LOL) and there's other things going on as well but the main focus was the lineup. Like I said.. if you're interested in finding out more about it, I'm sure either of those two I mentioned would be able to fill you in :D

Hope things're going well with the next Dallas Knight Project :D

5. stone

stone Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 4, 2000
    <PLUG type="shameless">

join the IBMW group, we're a toy collectors discussion email list. and ask your question to them, see how they respond.

URL in my sig file.

</PLUG>

.........................stone

6. scudknight

scudknight Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 2, 2000
    Thanks for the info DC....

I have been on the list for a while now stone, but most of the time i only get to hear of your wonderful collection. :) I particularly like the arcade machine. thiking of getting one myself. Youre now number two on my list of places to rob...number one being my buddy who has the lifesize han in carbonite in his bedroom.
    Kinky.....:)
    anyhow, info on that plano locale would be great. and I guess there is the grapevine con......

7. DarthCynthia

Nov 18, 2000
    LMAO @ scud.. you're not supposed to warn him LOL :D

Anyway.. I'm on the list too (I just changed addies today, tho').. I haven't gotten any mail except for verifications that I had indeed joined and I even sent the reply back and got that confirmation so I know I'm on it.. is the list very active? So odd.. maybe it was something with my old email. I'll see how this one goes :eek: I've been on it for.. hmm.. I dunno.. when did I ask if anyone had seen the newest Darth Maul figure when you posted about your mailing list? So it's been a little while.. anyway.. looking forward to the convention :D

8. Jedi_Jarvis

Jedi_Jarvis Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2001
    Yep, Scud, it sucks. Is it official?
    I hope not...

I sent you an email, let me know.

Boy, I could almost buy that game at that price this weekend, but I'd be broke forever! (at least I'd have something to do ;))

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.