Phx Sign-up for Idiots Array's Camping/Paintball Trip

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Idiots Array, Apr 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. Idiots Array Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    It's getting pretty close to go-time, so we need to start getting an official headcount for attendance, food, and carpooling. Wench has two meals planned:

Lunch on Saturday: sub sandwiches, chips, and drinks.

Breakfast on Sunday: Pancakes, eggs, bacon, sausage, OJ, and milk.

After that it's pretty much fair game. Here's the list of things we need:

Several large coolers to hold food and drinks
    Ice (we'll probably get this in Flag)
    Drinks (sodas, juice)
    Camping food that is easily cooked over a field stove such as hotdogs, hamburgers, beans (though let's keep the biological warfare to a minimum, please), canned chili/stew, eggs, toast.
    Obviously, subway sandwich supplies and chips, bacon/sausage, pancake mix.
    Paper plates and cups, plastic utensils.
    Lots of water.
    Babywipes/toilet paper.

I'm planning to bring lots of smore's supplies.

Wench will be bringing one field stove for us to use.

We'll also probably need volunteers to bring extra camping gear/blankets since it will be cold up in Flag. I have an extra 2-person tent if anyone would like to use it.

Leaving time/place:
    Moe, can we use your place as a meeting location on Friday? What time is everyone interested in leaving?
  2. Idiots Array Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I will probably be bringing one large ice chest with me. And if anyone is interested I'll volunteer to bring some big cans of beef stew for dinner on Saturday.
  3. Mobius FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep VIP
    star 4
    Nada on my place as a jump point. I'm picking up Sistine from the airport about 5pm, so we likely won't be back to my house till 6:15-6:30. After that, we'll prolly just wait to come up Saturday morning.
  4. EmprsHandMick Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm going on the trip obviously. I have a couple of blankets I can bring along, and my own sleeping bag atleast. My collection of other items for camping is nonexistent since I've never done it. I can bring some food though.
    Also, if you guys like we can use my place as a jumping off point. I'm at Bell Rd and I-17. If we decide to go with this everyone can PM me for directions. Downside is it is an apartment in a gated community
  5. Jedi_Wench Jedi Master

star 4
    I have those meals planned, but I won't be providing all of the food. I will provide the subs, but people still need to sign up for the rest.

I'll be bringing as much camping gear as I own. I'll let you know exactly what I'm bringing so that people can call dibs on stuff they need as we get closer to the day. I know that I have a few coolers to bring as well.

As far as stoves go: I have one double burner stove and one single burner. People are highly encouraged to bring theirs too.

CHIPS for Saturday lunch: VOID

SODA for Saturday lunch.

OJ for Sunday breakfast.

MILK for Sunday breakfast.

PANCAKE MIX for Sunday breakfast.

BACON for Sunday breakfast.

SAUSAGE for Sunday breakfast.

EGGS for Sunday breakfast.

Large coolers to hold food and drinks.

Ice (we'll probably get this in Flag).

Paper plates and cups, napkins, plastic utensils.

BRING YOUR OWN: Camping food that is easily cooked over a field stove such as hotdogs, hamburgers, beans (though let's keep the biological warfare to a minimum, please), canned chili/stew, eggs, toast. Lots of water. Babywipes/toilet paper.

DON'T FORGET YOUR PAINTBALL GEAR & PAINT IF YOU PLAN TO PLAY!!! OR AMMO IF YOU WISH TO SHOOT TOO!

WE ALSO NEED A HEAD COUNT TO LET EVERYONE KNOW HOW MUCH FOOD TO BRING SO POST THAT AS WELL.

Thanks to IA for helping coordinate his own birthday party...YOU ROCK ADMIRAL!!!
  6. Jedi_Wench Jedi Master

star 4
    RUNNING HEAD COUNT:

IA & MJEH
    Wench, Mr. Wench & Ewok
    Mick & VoidDancer
    Mobius & Sistine
    blackfeather and possibly girlfriend
    Lady Jedi Carenix
    Kev-Mas (?)
    sideshow212 (?)
    Obey Wann (?)

Total: 11 for sure

If you know of anyone else who's said they will be coming but hasn't posted, let us know.
  7. Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost

star 5
    I'll go, maybe ,and a maybe on the paintball too, but if I can go, I'll bring the Dews, Green and...RED!!! MY FAVORITE!!!!
  8. sideshow212 Former RSA

star 4
    ok, jenn has to work on sunday, so were hoping to drive up friday night/saturday morning, then she would head home saturday night, and i would need to hitch a ride with someone back to the valley sunday.

so if i can get a ride back sunday we can go. can anyone help me out?

if so, i will pitch into the food and such.
    i don't plan on paintballing, so i will pack pretty light.
  9. chickey Jedi Knight

star 2
    I enjoyed meeting all of you at the party at sideshows after the meeting. I would love to make this trip to Flagstaff, but I have to see if I can be excused from my weekend duties for work first. I will find out tomorrow either way.

If I can go, I live up near I-17 and the 101, so I too am a great launchign point. I also am in a gated apartment, but I am the weekend courtesy patrol, so I can get people in the gate ;-)

I'll find out tomorrow

Charles
  10. VoidDancer Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I know we can get into Mick's place with the presidential luggage code at the front gate.

I have at least 1 (I think 2) additional goose down sleeping bags that are availible.

I will volunteer to bring CHIPS for saturday.

Sideshow, I've got you covered for the trip back.
  11. kreleia Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Darth_Husband, the Prince and I are all planning on going - as far as I know, anyway. :D

I'll talk to "the head of the household" (**snort**) to see what we can bring with us food-wise. But does anyone have some spare gear we can borrow? ?[face_plain] Void?? :D
  12. Idiots Array Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I would be most honored if her Royal Highness and her entorage would see fit to borrow my extra tent for the weekend. :p If you're interested it's a two-person tent; you remember the one I brought to the line-up.
  13. Jedi_Wench Jedi Master

star 4
    REVISED RUNNING HEAD COUNT & SIGN UP

IA & MJEH: one large ice chest & big cans of beef stew for dinner on Saturday. Will loan extra tent to QUEENIE.

Wench, Mr. Wench & Ewok: Sub sandwiches for lunch on Saturday.

Mick & VoidDancer: Mick will bring food. Void has at least 1 (I think 2) additional goose down sleeping bags that are availible, and he will bring chips for Saturday lunch. Will give sideshow212 a ride on Sunday.

sideshow212 & Jenn: RIDE FOR SUNDAY: Void. sideshow will pitch in for the food.

Mobius & Sistine

blackfeather and possibly girlfriend

Lady Jedi Carenix

kreleia, Darth Husband and The Prince: Will bring food.

Kev-Mas (?) Will bring Dews, Green and...RED if he can come.

Obey Wann (?)

chickey (?)

Total: 16 for sure, possibly 20.

If you know of anyone else who's said they will be coming but hasn't posted, let us know.
  14. Idiots Array Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Wench, mark me down for smores supplies as well.

We also need volunteers to provide over 21 liquid refreshment. ;)
  15. chickey Jedi Knight

star 2
    I have to work friday night, but I can drive up early saturday morning. Can I get directions?

Thanks

16. VoidDancer Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Get on I-17N, when it stops you're in flag :)

PM Jedi Wench and ask, she'll get you taken care of.
  17. MJ_Keehan_Sundve Jedi Master

star 4
  18. Idiots Array Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I have mapquest directions printed out for anyone who is interested.

Mick, is there a restaraunt near your apartment that we can rendezvous at?
  19. chickey Jedi Knight

star 2
    Thanks Void. I thought my year at NAU went to waste ;-)
  20. MJ_Keehan_Sundve Jedi Master

star 4
    You know, IA, are you sure that rendezevous can be used as a verb...? Just asking. I thought it was adjective or a noun...

:confused:
  21. Idiots Array Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    //shrug// I've always used it as a verb.

EDIT: Dictionary.com lists it as a transative and intransative verb: rendesvoused, rendezvousing, rendezvous.
  22. PtrsonsZOO Force Ghost

star 7
    It can also be used in a descriptive tense, such as "the rendezvous point." (It never helps to have the literate around at a time like this, huh? ;) you always get more than you bargained for :D )
  23. Sistine Jedi Master

star 4
    I will have the green by then so....Wench if you would like I can send you some cash for you to pick things up...if that is cool? Or we can grab last minute stuff when we head up on Saturday. Like Fry's Potato Salad..mmmmmm

I don't plan on stashing rations in my luggage this time...unless I can get my hands on some of that 'Green' stuff my Bro drinks!
  24. sideshow212 Former RSA

star 4
    if i recall correctly there is a denny's on bell rd. and I-17 if you want to all meet there...
  25. EmprsHandMick Jedi Master

star 4
    sideshow is correct. I was gonna suggest that myself
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.