Sign-up for Idiots Array's Camping/Paintball Trip

Discussion in 'Phoenix, AZ' started by Idiots Array, Apr 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sideshow212 Former RSA

star 4
    which reminds me, i need to buy a couple boxes of .45 rounds...
  2. Jedi_Wench Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey everyone! If you all want to camp Friday night as well, that's super cool with me. There is room in my house for about 5 people tops. One person on a couch the other four of you on the floor. I wouldn't mind camping Friday night as well, in fact, I'd prefer it. JUST LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU ALL DECIDE TO DO BY THURSDAY. If we're gonna do that, the earlier you get up here the better so we can set up camp in daylight.

sideshow: We have cut firewood at my house along with kindling. Everyone is welcome to grab some to haul into camp, that way we know we have it. If everyone takes a little wood in, we'll have enough for campfires Friday night, Saturday morning and night, and Sunday morning. Also, I have a hatchet and an ax I'll bring.

If some of you don't want to camp Friday night and want to stay at my house, we'll hang out with the campers on Friday night and then go back to my place to sleep. It's up to you.

chickey: Could you bring eggs for Sunday breakfast? 2 dozen should do it.
  3. Jedi_Wench Jedi Master

star 4
    REVISED RUNNING HEAD COUNT & SIGN UP

IA & MJEH: one large ice chest & big cans of beef stew for dinner on Saturday and S'mores supplies. Will loan extra tent to QUEENIE.

Wench, Mr. Wench & Ewok: Sub sandwiches for lunch on Saturday. As much camping gear as we own.

Mick & VoidDancer: Mick will bring food. Void has at least 1 (I think 2) additional goose down sleeping bags that are availible, and he will bring chips for Saturday lunch. Will give sideshow212 a ride on Sunday.

sideshow212: sideshow will pitch in for the food.

Mobius & Sistine: Moe will bring Potato Salad for Saturday Lunch. Sistine: bacon for Sunday breakfast. (?)

blackfeather and possibly girlfriend

Lady Jedi Carenix

kreleia, Darth Husband and The Prince: Will bring food.

chickey: Eggs for Sunday breakfast. (?)

Choad & ChoadsGirl: Lotsa campin' stuff.

Kev-Mas (?) Will bring Dews, Green and...RED if he can come.

Total: 19 for sure, possibly 20.

If you know of anyone else who's said they will be coming but hasn't posted, let us know.

FOR THOSE OVER 21, THIS WILL BE BRING YOUR OWN LIQUID ENTERTAINMENT AND SOME TO SHARE.

I must gracefully bow out of imbibing this time round as I have to be interviewed by nursing professors the following Tuesday and wish to be at my best. Not to mention I feel somewhat responsible for the lot of you and feel the need to be sober to keep you all from burning down the forest, tying up random innocents and creating mass anarchy. Ok fine, you can do all that as long as no one gets dead or maimed.

4. arizonasithlord Jedi Knight

star 2
    Does anyone need anything else im am arrangeing for the the GamersEdge tatical squad to attend but its still only tentative

I have two military issue sleeping bags and an assortment of old BDU clothing and boots that may be of service to any who want then

2 possibly 4 personel to be added
    one may bow out and take pictures
  5. Rancor_Bait Jedi Padawan

just a couple of questions. are there going to be refs or is this just going to be a play on your honor thing? are there going to be boundaries, and/or flags for CTF or is it just going to be elemination? just curious as i havn't seen anyone mention any specifics yet.
  6. arizonasithlord Jedi Knight

star 2
    heres that link BAIT.

http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=10233852&page=1
  7. Jedi_Wench Jedi Master

star 4
    We'll be doing all sorts of different games. Elimination, double elimination and others mentioned in the thread arizonasithlord referenced above.

We'll have people taking turns as refs as well. We'll do paintchecks etc.

The more people the merrier arizonasithlord and a pic taker would be greatly appreciated.

:D
  8. sideshow212 Former RSA

star 4
    i suppose since i wont be playing i could ref...

9. Mobius FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep VIP
    star 4
    Just a thought, but should we be expecting snow? I heard it snowed again last week, and would like to be prepared.
  10. arizonasithlord Jedi Knight

star 2
    Heya all i need as much info on our Location as possible im may also need a space/seat on someones vehicle for my crew.
  11. Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost

star 5
    GOOD NEWS!!! I'LL BE GUARANTEED TO BE THERE!!! Yipeee!!! And my dad and the dews will be there too!
  12. sideshow212 Former RSA

star 4
    idiots array has printouts of directions to where we are going azsithlord, as for a ride, i can't help you, i'm bumming one myself!
  13. arizonasithlord Jedi Knight

star 2
    whats the plan if the weather (crosses fingers) is not, well pleasant IE rain snow beyond a resonable amount?
  14. Jedi_Wench Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey all! The weather looks to be pretty decent so far.

The rain/snow last week was very slight and melted quickly.

What I would suggest is bringing a tarp to put underneath your tent if it is not waterproof, and pitching your tent beneath a tree.

I'll give weather updates as the day approaches.

ALSO: SUGGESTION FOR THOSE PLANNING TO CAMP FRIDAY NIGHT:

I would suggest camping at A-1 mountain despite desires to camp elsewhere. Why you ask? Because if you do camp elsewhere, you'll have to clean up your campsite and move it by 10 am on Saturday morning to meet us at Target to follow us to the campsite at A-1. I know this may be interfereing with plans to camp elsewhere, but this is about CHRISTIAN's BIRTHDAY and we want to get everything moving as quickly as possible on Saturday so we can get the most out of daylight as far as paintballing and shooting goes. Just a suggestion to keep things flowing so we don't have to wait a long time to get to partying.

I will be calling everyone that I have phone numbers for on Thursday to give the final plans to everyone etc...

PM me your phone number if I haven't gotten it from you before so we can chat.

Thanks!!
  15. Mobius FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep VIP
    star 4
    Dunno. In terms of a ride, however, I'm driving up Saturday morning, and I should have room for 1 or 2 passengers, as I'm taking my dad's Montero.
  16. Jedi_Wench Jedi Master

star 4
    For those of you who desire a refresher on the types of games we have planned for paintball, here is the LINK
  17. arizonasithlord Jedi Knight

star 2
    Moe i and possible one other may take you up on the ride sir i will have more info as the week progresses prolly tomorrow for sure on my head count
  18. Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost

star 5
    I need to have paintball equipment rented out to me, and I also need camo equipment, and will be willing to lend out my facepaint.All I need is maybe 3d camo that attaches to clothing, but I might need more. For the paintball equipment I will reimburse for it and my dad might need camo and paintball equipment too, though.
  19. chickey Jedi Knight

star 2
    Does anyone want to go in on a case of rounds? I live right near the Paintball place at I-17 and bell, an dcould pick it up.

also, anyone know a good place to find Camo? Supply stores, goodwills, anything?

Thanks.

20. Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost

star 5
    great, pick me up some rounds(paintballs), will you chickey, and I reimburse everything. You could go to the Army Surplus store for Camo, as they usually have lots of it.
  21. Mobius FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep VIP
    star 4
    Chickey: Allied Surplus is located at 43rd Ave and Olive. They have a large stock of new and used camo. The paintball store to which you are referring is Command post, the place I'm recommending for gun rentals. I suggest the "Big Ball" brand of paint. It's $40 for a 2000 round case, and is nearly as good as the $60 stuff.

Kev: If you and your dad go, couldn't he get the paintball equipment? I ask b/c there's a $200 deposit required per gun (that can be put on a credit card), and I'm not sure anyone is gonna be able to swing that.
  22. Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA

star 5
    i have to say wow to your preparing. camo and everything. that is cool. i just play in black pants and a long sleeve shirt. even when im in the sticks. but then again with how i have my mask, i wouldnt blend in very well any where.

metal spikes and mouth pods painted blood red just dont blend in to trees much [face_devil] i love my mask, even i havent gotten to play in it yet.
  23. Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost

star 5
    Ok, Eric, give me directions to the Command Post then! We'll take it from there.
  24. Mobius FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep VIP
    star 4
    I beleive the closest store to you is the Mesa location at:

2111 S. Alma School Rd
    Fiesta Square Center
    Phone: 480-755-2442

25. Jedi_Wench Jedi Master

star 4
    Birr: I've never met you and yet somehow that mask just seems so YOU! [face_laugh]

Too bad you can't come play with us!!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.