main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion in 'Communications' started by mavjade , Aug 2, 2013.

1. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    By asking to have posting access Star Wars New Films - No Spoilers Allowed boards (NSA) you agree to the rules that follow below. Posting spoilers is not tolerated in NSA so please read the following carefully before asking to have posting access.

To gain posting access to NSA just post in this thread that you wish to have posting access and a mod will give you access as soon as we are able. Everyone has posting access to the Spoilers Allowed.

You may have access to both NSA and post in any of the Spoilers Allowed boards, but there is a NO Tolerance Policy for spoilers in No Spoilers Allowed. Even if you accidently post a spoiler in NSA, you will be banned and your access revoked.

These are the rules that apply to the entire JCF (with the exception of the Spoilers Allowed forums)

1) Anything said by Kathleen Kennedy, the director of the film, any producer working on the project, or any other individual ranking high in the Lucasfilm hierarchy is not a spoiler. Anything said by a mid- to lower-level employee, like the ones who leak info to TF.N, is a spoiler.​

2) Quotes from actors, stunt doubles, etc., who were on the set of the film are not considered spoilers.​

3) Any information taken from starwars.com or from Star Wars Insider is not a spoiler.​

4) Official teasers, trailers, and posters are not spoilers.​

5) Any information from any tabloid, information aggregators (Reddit, 4chan, etc.) or spoiler website is considered a spoiler.​

6) Of course, all sorts of speculation based on information obtained from the non-spoiler sources above is acceptable and welcome.​

****​

The following are certain actions that are not allowed in the Non-Spoiler Forum to keep it devoid of spoilers:

General Posting:

1) Posting highlightable text (ex: highlightable).​
    This makes it very easy for a troll to hide spoilers, and makes it harder to administrate in general.​

2) Linking to any of the Spoilers Allowed Forums.​
    Linking to a thread in any of the SA forums is not allowed because people would have to venture into SA to get someone's point, and they could be easily spoiled. It presents a temptation to non-spoiler members, and if one needs to refer to a SA thread, they can easily simply quote the parts of the thread that they refer to, editing out the spoiler parts since they would not contribute to the discussion, and obviously because they are spoilers.​

3) Discussing opinions of any not yet released movie based on spoilers.​
    Threads such as "Don't get too hyped up about Episode VIII" are not allowed since they are informing and discussing spoilers. Opinions of yet to be released movies based on speculation are allowed, but not based on spoilers. Based on spoilers means that they are discussing spoilers, and that is not allowed in the NSA forum.​

Image/Book Related:

1) * Any picture officially released may be linked to, but not embedded. When linking to a new officially released pic, please give a small spoiler warning.​

2) *Pictures and descriptions of released toys that pertain to yet to be released movies are only allowed in the toys/merchandise thread.

3) Any material from a novelization of a yet to be released movie is considered spoiler, with the exception of the cover art only.​

4) Any material from officially released books such as "The Art of Star Wars" that contains information from a yet to be released movie is considered a spoiler, with the exception of the cover art. **​

We reserve the right to restrict certain users from posting in the non-spoiler forum, such as users whose names contain spoilers and those with spoilers in their signatures.

These rules are constantly under debate and are sometimes modified. The only way the rules will be changed is if the regular posters to the non-spoiler forum agree that revisions are needed, or in special cases where the administrators agree that new rules are necessary and would improve the forum community.

As always, if you have questions or concerns about the NSA forum, feel free to PM any of the new movies mods.

*These rules apply only to the NSA forum.

**While it will be off limits to post pics from The Art of Star Wars books in the NSA forum, for now it will be okay to do so outside of said forum.

2. cdgodin

cdgodin Jedi Master star 4

Oct 9, 2009
    Where do we ask to get access? Just ask here? Because I am now asking access.

jedi9617 likes this.
  3. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Ask here and ye shall receive.

4. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    Cleared up how to request posting access in the first post. cdgodin, you should now have access.

5. El Jedi Colombiano

El Jedi Colombiano Chosen One star 6

Jun 24, 2013
    i wish to receive access

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  6. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
  7. TheTwinSuns

TheTwinSuns Jedi Master star 3

Apr 26, 2013
    If I ask for access, will I be able to post in the SA section as well?

8. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    I thought we already did this, but sign me up, dokey okey?

9. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    Yes, everyone has access to Spoilers forum and everyone can see NSA, you only need to ask if you want to post in NSA.

Trebor Sabreon - as it says in the first post of this thread, if you already asked in the old thread you should already have access to NSA. You do in fact have access... I just checked. ;)

10. TheTwinSuns

TheTwinSuns Jedi Master star 3

Apr 26, 2013
    I wish to receive access

11. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    Done

TheTwinSuns likes this.
  12. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Just wanted to be sure! Thanks!

13. Darth Gangrenous

Darth Gangrenous Chosen One star 10

Jun 1, 2005
    I wouldn't mind browsing around. :D

14. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Ah what the hell, I'll sign up. Two GILs are better than none, or something.

DarthTunick likes this.
  15. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    I would like access as well, for the same reason as Todd.

Todd the Jedi likes this.
  16. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    Requesting permission to dock.

17. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    yeah sign me up!

18. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel Modercreeper Is Always Watching star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    I would like access to the NSA. (That sounds suspicious)

19. markdeez33

markdeez33 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 25, 2013
    Yes... Yes... I think I'll look around NSA headquarters, see what I can come up with

cdgodin likes this.
  20. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Please keep in mind that you do not need access to view anything in the 7NSA forum. Nothing is being hidden from the public. You only need to sign up for access in this thread if you want posting privileges in 7NA.

21. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Sure I'll go here. I'll still get to post on the spoiler place right?

22. mglover92

mglover92 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 9, 2013
    please grant me access!

23. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Oh good -- you won't restrict entertainment access for the rest of us.
    [​IMG]

24. Apophis_

Apophis_ Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    Please sign me in!

Obi-Wan Catnobi likes this.
  25. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    We have the technology now, because this is THE FUTURE.