main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RPR Archive [Sign-Ups] RPF vs. EUC Lightsaber Tournament - Contestants Announced!

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource Archive' started by Imperial_Hammer , Apr 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Imperial_Hammer

Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 25, 2004
    Hey oh RPF!

Saintheart and myself are looking for a few good players willing to represent the RPF in our next cross-board game! We plan to have 6 of our best RPers go up against 6 of the EUC's finest in three-mod-panel-judged lightsaber duel rounds. We'll start with 6 quarter-final rounds, move to three semi-final rounds, and then one three-way Battle Royale Final Round.

While the exact wording of the first post hasn't been 100% decided by the Expanded Universe Community Senate, the group of users that have spearheaded this idea, it will look mostly like this:

[hr]
    [hr]

[b]The First Annual EUC-RPF Lightsaber Dueling Tournament[/b]

[image=http://images.fanpop.com/images/image_uploads/Episode-3-star-wars-41389_1280_1024.jpg]

[color=darkblue][u][b]The Rules[/b][/u][/color]

[i]Welcome to the First Annual EUC-RPF Lightsaber Dueling Tournament. Designed for entertaining, friendly, and good-natured competition between role-players, the competitors will be judged based on both their dueling [b]and[/b] role-playing skills. Neither aspect of the tournament should be neglected during any duel, as both are integral to a good match. After each duel, the winner shall be determined by a panel of three judges, one from the EUS, one from the RPF, and one from the general population of the board hosting the tournament. The judges will, of course, present a small explanation detailing their reasons for selecting who they did as the winner.

The location where each duel will take place will be posted before each match, and will also signal the start of that match. The match will run for a [color=red]week[/color], and each duelist will have to make [color=red]a minimum of at least three posts[/color] during that time period, so that their skills may be judged properly. They will take turns with their post, with the first duelist in alphabetical order by username going first. If absolutely necessary, the judges retain the capacity to intervene in the duel should there be a violation of the aforementioned rules. [color=red]Also note that [link=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godmoding]godmoding[/link] is [b]strictly prohibited[/b], and actions will be taken in the judgments against any competitor found to be doing so.[/color][/i]

[image=http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/thumb/7/7f/LvV.jpg/800px-LvV.jpg]

[b][u][color=darkblue]The Judges[/color][/u][/b]

EUS Judge: Sinrebirth
    RPF Judge: Saintheart
    RPF Judge: Imperial_Hammer

[i]May the Force be with you all, and good luck.[/i]

[image=http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/3/3f/Clash_of_Gods.jpg]

[b][u][color=darkblue]***Force Powers***[/color][/u][/b]

[b]*Light and dark players are assigned 26 points, while "gray" players receive 22*[/b]

For followers of the light side of the Force (Jedi): Light Powers cost 3, Neutral Powers cost 2, Dark Powers are Unaccessible
    For those who choose to follow neither path (Potentium, Jensaarai and similar belief systems): Light Powers cost 4, Neutral Powers cost 1, Dark Powers Cost 4
    For adepts of the dark side of the Force (Sith, "Dark Jedi", etc.): Light Powers are Unaccessible, Neutral Powers cost 2, Dark Powers cost 3

*For technical purposes, Imperial Knights are considered to follow neither path, as they follow only their Emperor's commands.

[b]If a focus in a particular direction is intended, then powers may be purchased twice to enable them to effect this. However, they may only be purchased twice, so that one player may not dominate by choosing only one power.[/b]

[u][b][color=blue]Light[/color][/b][/u]
    [b]- Valor:[/b] The user's physical strength, speed, and agility are all boosted for one post. Can be used twice.
    [b]- Protection Bubble:[/b] The user is surrounded by a Force-powered bubble for one post, negating any offensive Force powers targeting them and blocking any objects thrown at them for the duration of its use. Can be used twice.
    [b]- Rejuvenation:[/b] The user restores their body with the Force, healing physical damage and

2. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Summer? I can do that. I'm interested.

3. blubeast1237

blubeast1237 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 10, 2007
    RPF!!

I will fight for the RPF with no mercy!

-B-

4. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    I'll put my name in. :)

5. sprintabm

sprintabm Jedi Master star 3

May 20, 2005
    So how does this work? One person posts, the other person posts, this goes on for a total of 3 posts each, and then the judges decide? There's no GM saying in between if your hits are successful or anything like that? Is it totally up to the two players to decide what happens to their characters?

6. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    That's about right, yes (though three posts is only the minimum that has to be made; you can do more). You can see here and here how the previous tournaments built along these lines went.

7. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    I sure hope there are more players considering on representing the RPF, the Force knows you have some talented people around here.

8. NickLitYouAFlame

NickLitYouAFlame Jedi Master star 5

Feb 27, 2007
    I'm interested, and stuff, or something...

9. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    Outstanding! This should be fun, I hope to have a chance at dueling you Nick. :D

10. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    Woh, woh, Despised...Are you representing the EUC? :eek:

:p

I will definitely consider doing this. I had fun in the tournaments last year in the EUC. I just have to figure out if I will have time for it or not.

11. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    Yeah, I was torn between the EUC and RPF. I figured there would be plenty of quality representation from the RPF though, and maybe a shortage of willing RPers from the EUC so I decided to represent them.

Nemisis you should definately join, the tournament isn't until June. I would definately enjoy a rematch with you. :D

12. sprintabm

May 20, 2005
    I'm interested and would like to be considered for this.

13. Hero_Of_The_Force

Hero_Of_The_Force Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 22, 2008
    I'm intrested, though me being new and all, I might not be considered.

Either way, looks cool. Go RPF!

14. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    In order to be considered I think you have to send in a character sheet to Imperial_Hammer, posting in the thread won't get you on the list from what I understand.

15. sprintabm

May 20, 2005
    From what I understood in Imp's last paragraphs in his post, you post whether you're interesting in playing, and then him and Saint decide who they want to actually play from all those that posted. Character sheets aren't handled until after that.

Go confusion! :p

16. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    In the EUC, things are a little different as the EUC has fan clubs which dispatch representatives - the Jedi, Sith, Imperial Knights, Twilight Templars and the Hidden Orders Fan Clubs (latter two being the Grey Jedi and the Jensaarai/Nightsisters FC). So its not so much me picking which ones I reckon will be best, but them picking who they want to represent them. Thus I'm accepting CSes already.

Saint and Hammer get to choose from you guys who will be ideal. :D

17. Imperial_Hammer

Sep 25, 2004
    That is correct Sinre... :)

I haven't forgotten about this. I've been entertaining guests in RL since Saturday, so I haven't had a ton of time to talk with some of you guys about this and really get the word out. However, I am keeping an eye on this thread, am crossing my fingers to get an even bigger turnout of volunteers than we already have, and will be making my recommendations regarding who will be representing us probably by the weekend.

List of RPF Volunteers
    - The_Loyal_Imperial
    - blubeast1237
    - JEDIGUNSHIP
    - NickLitYouAFlame
    - sprintabm
    - Hero_Of_The_Force

Keep those names coming people! :)

-I_H

18. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    June? There are no finals in June! :D

I'll sign up for our team as well, in that case.

19. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    Hmmm, looks as though we need more recruits for the EUC team. [face_thinking]

20. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    Count me in, too.

21. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002

:eek:
    SQUEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

:D
    OH YEAH!!!
    [face_dancing]

22. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Oooh. That's one mean team, including the others. :eek:

23. Imperial_Hammer

Sep 25, 2004
    Alrighty! Now we're cookin' with fire kids! Come one come all and pile it on! Anyone who is interested, step right up and put your hat in the ring. You never know, you maaaay be chosen!

List of RPF Volunteers
    - The_Loyal_Imperial
    - blubeast1237
    - JEDIGUNSHIP
    - NickLitYouAFlame
    - sprintabm
    - Hero_Of_The_Force
    - Ktala
    - DarkLordoftheFins
    - darthramza

Give it maybe a couple more days and we'll start making our picks. :)

-I_H

24. Rally_Fan_84

Rally_Fan_84 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 14, 2009
    Is it too late to join? If not sign me up, EUC needs a beating [face_skull]

25. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Throwing hats into the ring is so passé. I will, James Bond-style, throw mine onto the coat stand in the corner, and flirt with Miss Moneypenny.

Long story short, I'm in! CS despatched.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.