1. Oh hai Guest!

Welcome to the RPF!

RPR Archive [Sign-Ups] RPF vs. EUC Lightsaber Tournament - Contestants Announced!

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource Archive' started by Imperial_Hammer, Apr 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mikaboshi Force Ghost

star 6
  2. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    i can think of two people i'd be utterly shocked if they weren't picked.

:snoopy
  3. Mikaboshi Force Ghost

star 6
    Speaking of which, any headway on that list? June isn't too far off.
  4. Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs

star 5
    We've been dealing with some last minute reshuffling as some users have recently disappeared.

Since I'm dedicating the night to the RPF, I will have the contestants up before I go to bed tonight.

-I_H
  5. Mikaboshi Force Ghost

star 6
    Sweet. Good luck making the final decisions, it can't be easy. [face_peace]
  6. Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs

star 5
    Aaaaaaand the winners are....

Doo doot do doooooot!

The RPF's Players
    - The_Loyal_Imperial
    - NickLitYouAFlame
    - Ktala
    - DarkLordoftheFins
    - JEDIGUNSHIP
    - Sith-I-5

Please post your sheets here in this thread. When I get all six, and I will start hounding you all for em, we will get this show on the road. Sinre gets open on May 25th, so as close as we can get to May 25th to start, that's what we're going to do.

So get the posts up, make em good, and I'll shoot some PMs out tomorrow. :)

-I_H
  7. MASTER-OF-EVIL Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Congrats and goodluck out there, RPF FTW!!

MOE
  8. DarkLordoftheFins Force Ghost

star 4
    Name: Lorn
    Species: Human
    Alignment: Dark Jedi
    Form: Makashi, Jar`Kai
    Weapon: Lightsaber (blue), Shortsaber (Red)
    Attire: Simple black tunic
    Powers:

2 Push
    2 Jump
    2 Shield
    2 Speed
    2 Cloak
    2 Wave
    2 Sight
    2 Telekinesis
    3 Rage
    3 Storm
    3 Deathfield

Total: 25

9. The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus

star 6
    So, who won the bet? :p

Character sheet later today.
  10. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    congrats to those selected.

should be a good tourney, eh?

11. NickLitYouAFlame Force Ghost

star 5
    Damn, it's a tie. I'll try to get my sheet up tonight, if I can.
  12. Sith-I-5 Force Ghost

star 5
    Name: Inquisitor Nelf / Yavinelf Dangerrescue
    --Age: Not applicable. Where he comes from (Everquest MMORPG) characters grow by levels, not years. Level 32. This will never change in Galaxy At War, so stuck at 32.
    ----Species: Norrathian. Human-elf hybrid.
    -----Eye Color: Black
    ------Hair Color and Style: Full head of brown hair, brushed back.
    -------Skin Complexion: Caucasian with a tanned, faint greenish tint.
    --------Clothing: Sable cloak, black tunic, trousers, shirt. Polished black kneeboots.
    ---------Physique: Strong, muscled, wiry, good condition. Trained to physical perfection by the Inquisitorious.
    ----------Personality: Driven. Troubled by his past, and a subconscious desire to find his two fellow Norrathians. His conscious mind has been honed by the Inquisitorious to embrace loyalty to the Empire, and to want to hunt down jedi.
    -----------Quirks: Favours the accoutrements of his Norrathian past.
    ------------Force Sensitive: Yes. Artificially promoted within him by the Inquisitorious. Already possessed supernatural and magical powers. I expect I will be asked to withhold the non-Force powers, but I reserve the right to at least roleplay having the Gate emergency teleport?

Biography
    -Brief History: Norrath ? Was a Rescue Ranger with Surefall Paramedics. Travelled the continent, responding to distress calls. As a half-elf, possesses ability to memorise magical spells from spellbook, and cast them on himself and others. Limited to what he possessed at point of leaving Norrath. Includes, ?Camo? temporary invisibility, faster running speed, fire and ice (natural) offensive spells, protective armour spells to make his or others? flesh harder to penetrate. Can assign himself a Bind Point somewhere, and Gate (teleport) himself back to it. Possesses natural telepathy. Now add Sith skills.
    Galaxy At War ? How he got here is unknown. Worked for the Bureau of Extra-Sensory Intellect, a part of the Senate Bureau of Intelligence, during the Galactic Republic and the Clone Wars, before it became part of Imperial Intelligence.
    Attracted the attention of the Inquisitorious, and was taken to the Deep Core to further develop his abilities, and trained to hunt and interrogate jedi.
    --Military History: Worked with a young Ysanne Isard while she was still an SBI agent, and with her, helped prevent release of the Loedorvian Brain Plague by the CIS. Rescued her from Thromberg the Hutt's ocean base on Iskalon.
    ---Traumatic Experiences: Getting his hand cut off by Emperor's Hand Jacen Wayland, over Coruscant. Has had it re-attached for this, but his piano playing days are over.

Personal Ship ? Theta-class T-2c shuttle, STEALF.

Jedi/Sith/General Grievous Only
    -Lightsaber Blade Color: Crimson. It?s de rigueur at the Inquisitorious.
    --Lightsaber Type: Bloody lethal. Can I say 'bloody'?
    ---Hilt Description: Okay, you know Russian dolls, where one goes inside the other? Well, the basic weapon if pulled from the horizontal scabbard, is a hilt and a three-pronged, beaten metal, Finely Crafted Sheer Blade. But if he presses the release on the hilt first, the FCSB will stay sheathed, and the hilt will come out by itself. A lightsabre blade can be generated from that separated hilt.

Lightsabre tournament data

***Force Powers***

NEUTRAL
    Push 4
    Pull 2
    Jump 4
    Shield 2
    Speed 2
    Cloak
    (Grants the user invisibility for the duration of one post. Can be used once.) Or, I can jump behind a handy pillar, and save the points. 0
    Wave 2
    Sight 2
    Telekinesis 2

DARK
    Crush 3
    (assuming I can find something to crush).
    Combustion 3
    _______
    26 points

Lightsabre Forms
    Form III - Soresu

***Weapons***
    Lightsabre as wielded by Luke Skywalker.

QUERIES: **The powers of Combustion and Crush cannot be used directly against your opponent's body or clothing. Arms, legs, feet, and hands are fair game, however.

How are />
  13. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    body being he core or torso sithy.

the death field would suggest that there may be other creatures about in some of the arena's we're fighting in, rather than all of us fighting in the same place.

imp or saint feel free to correct me if needed.

also, jump and push are only two points so why do you have them listed as four...?

and interesting character...

14. Sith-I-5 Force Ghost

star 5
    Hi Trimaj, glad you like him. And thank you for the answers.

The 4 points is in the hope that there is some benefit to pouring more than the base amount into a power, if you have some points left over.

As for Crush, my Force-wielding characters have fine-tuned 'aggressive negotiations' down to a direct attack on..., well let's just say, female opponents have nothing to worry about.
  15. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    well, if the double points is actually allowed i assume it would allow you more uses of said power... but i have no clue if that's allowed, and was not informed we could do such before making my sheet... having been in one of the others that was kinda forbidden, so i have to ask: which is it this time?

and welcs sithy.

yea... i don't think i wanna face him. will have to tweak my points if we can do the doubling up of points though.

16. Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs

star 5
    We'll talk about it. I'm not all that familiar w/ how Sinre intended this game to be played, so I'll ask him. I'm fine either which way with it, but if EUC is under the impression all powers used are of the same potency, then we can follow suit there (and I'll edit your post up I-5 if you need to change stuff). I'll PM Sinre and he'll put down the ruling there, game designer and all that. :)

Stay tuned.

-I_H

17. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    what kinda muddies the situation is that despised1 did the same thing, so i have no clue which it is in this situation. IF it's allowed i will definitely be redoing my points.

18. Mikaboshi Force Ghost

star 6
    Purchasing a power twice is perfectly acceptable, I think it was allowed last tournament already if I am not mistaken. I don't think it is allowed to put 1-2 points into something to get an extra use though, you have to purchase the power for it's listed price to get double the listed uses.

For instance, a Sith or Dark Jedi character can purchase "Battle Precognition" for 2 points and gain 2 uses. They cannot invest 1 left over point to gain 1 more use, you have to invest the listed cost to gain anything. Last tournament I had a left over point that I could not use because of my selections, sure it went to waste but I had exactly what I wanted.
  19. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    might have been useful it were actually mentioned somewhere either way.

*shrugs* guess wait and see what sinre says.

20. Mikaboshi Force Ghost

star 6
    Nothing prohibits it in the rules, there is no reason to think that it can't be done. It is really up to the imagination of the player, though to be honest being in the previous tournament did help me to make the choices I did.
  21. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    not having anything in the rules might just be that they forgot to mention it, or didn't even consider it.;)

either way, i don't really have an issue with it, i'd just like it cleared up one way or another.

22. Mikaboshi Force Ghost

star 6
    It could, but from what I remember there was a dicsussion about it in the last draft. It was considered. Besides, Sinre has looked at my CS a few times because I made a few tweeks, he approved it each time.
  23. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    either way, if it is allowed it should have been stated, if it isn't that should have been stated as well. either way it's just a slight oversight.

and apparently i'm not the only one who thought that, as per the EUC's thread.

24. Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost

star 5
    I think if the doubling up on points are allowed, we should be allowed to resubmit our character sheets.
  25. The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Ah, I think I'll hold off on sending in my sheet until all this about points has been sorted out.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.