main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rocky M, NC Significant Other...

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Lodreh, Nov 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eddie-wan-kenobi

eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2003
    LOL!!! Got to remember that one Entropy. [face_laugh]

2. Lodreh

Lodreh Jedi Master star 4

Jul 2, 2002
    So Eddie-wan how did you meet your Significant Other?

Lod-Reh SaJon ~
    "If you seek knowledge and understanding look to the Force. If you seek pain and suffering look no further than me."

3. JediRiff

JediRiff Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 2, 2002
    Well said, folks. You have to be willing to go after what you want, and be willing to fight for it. Or else it will pass you right by......

4. eddie-wan-kenobi

Jul 14, 2003
    I actually met her in high school, but we didnt start dating until about 5 years later. She was dating a freind of mine at the time and they set me up on a blind date w/her best friend. We did the double date thing and she and I actually hit it off better than I did w/her friend. Her and my freind stopped dating a couple of weeks later and I asked her out(with his blessing of course) and the rest is history. Been together going on twelve years.

5. Entropy

Entropy Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2002
    So you snaked your best friends girl out from under him. Cool.

6. eddie-wan-kenobi

Jul 14, 2003
    Ah, but remember, I got his blessing first. If it bothered him he should have said so. As Chuck Amato says, thats life in the fast lane baby!

7. Lodreh

Jul 2, 2002
    Now if you could have just hooked her friend up with yours... hey wait what am I saying? Is she single?

Lod-Reh SaJon ~
    "If you seek knowledge and understanding look to the Force. If you seek pain and suffering look no further than me."

8. eddie-wan-kenobi

Jul 14, 2003
    Thats why me and her friend didnt click. She was hung up on her ex-boyfriend to the point of being ridiculous. Thats all the talked about the ENTIRE date! She eventually got over him, got married, and had two kids. Sadly, her little boy fought cancer most of his short life and passed away last year. He was only six or seven years old. She also lost her mother only a year earlier. She has had a really tough go.

9. Lodreh

Jul 2, 2002
    Ouch... my sympathies...

Lod-Reh SaJon ~

10. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    .......... I am really sorry to hear that. Things like that just take the wind right out of my sails. I forgot what I was going to say, now. :( Its just not fair for a child to have something like that, nor for the parent to have to go through it.

11. jkg_vader

jkg_vader Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    No, it's not...makes me scared about having my own!

No baby jedi in our future yet, unfortunately.

12. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    J9, dont let something like that hold you back. Let me tell you, and Eddie-wan can back me up here.... kids are what makes life what it is. :D

13. Shindo_Windu

Shindo_Windu Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 21, 2004
    It's real easy for you guys to speak on this, most of you have wives, or husbands, and/or kids...ugh...I guess...maybe things will work out. It's funny, when I was a kid, I told my mom that girls were icky and that they were ugly and stupid. Heh, man, now I find my self struggling on the inside about a girl. And that whole deal about "If you let it slip by, someone else will take it" crap, that's so stupid. Certain situations don't accept that rule. Anyway, this is my first post this week, and I'll try not to get emotional or anything *snicker*-everyone have a good one.

14. Entropy

May 30, 2002
    And that whole deal about "If you let it slip by, someone else will take it" crap, that's so stupid.

Why? Is she so pathetic that no one else would want her, or do you think you're so good that she would never want anyone else? Act or don't act, it's up to you. But don't kid yourself, if you don't go for it, someone else will.

15. eddie-wan-kenobi

Jul 14, 2003
    The thought of being a parent use to scare the hell out of me. Now its second nature. I agree with Riff JKG, dont let things like that stop you.

16. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    Yep, bottom line, if you leave a candybar laying around, SOMEONE will eat it.

17. Shindo_Windu

Mar 21, 2004
    Not if the candy bar has a mind of its own and certain circumstances aren't allowing the candy bar and the ...chocolate bar to be together...

18. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    Oooook. A simple analogy gone bad. :)

19. Shindo_Windu

Mar 21, 2004
    Riff's the only guy that has some bloody scruples round' here.

20. Entropy

May 30, 2002
    What does scruples have to do with it? What are you hot for somebody else's squeeze?

21. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    Scruples, pupils... both will wither if they arent used, eh? :)

22. Lodreh

Jul 2, 2002
    Bomb France...

Lod-Reh SaJon ~

23. Mordtat

Mordtat Jedi Master star 3

Apr 20, 2004
    *takes out the remote*

My turn~!

24. Shindo_Windu

Mar 21, 2004
    You got it all wrong, Entropy...it's not like that at all.

25. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    It all depends on your point of view, I suppose...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.