main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rocky M, NC Significant Other...

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Lodreh, Nov 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jkg_vader

jkg_vader Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    Well, We've been trying for the last year and 1/2 with no luck thus far. The DOC's say that there's nothing wrong with us...just no luck yet. Anyway, we definitly want kids, I'm just way nervous at the same time. I just can't wait to have my own family, you know?

2. Drakkor_Knightmoon

Drakkor_Knightmoon Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2004
    I kinda had a significant other a little while ago....

3. eddie-wan-kenobi

eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2003
    jkg, we "tried" for over two years with our first one too. Do or do not, there is no try! Oh, sorry had a Yoda moment. No seriously, everyone told us to stop "trying" and it would happen. Thats exactly the way it went. We just kinda said the heck with it and if it happens, it happens. Well, IT HAPPENED. The second one was a complete shock. Everyone asks was he planned and I say "Weelll, we werent exactly trying, but we werent trying to prevent it either." The first one is terrifying. You think of all the little ailments you had/have and worry about the child inheriting them. I have asthma so you can imagine I was scared as hell that one or both of mine might have to live with that. Luckily they are both in pretty good health so far. I wish you luck and it will happen when you least expect it. :)

4. JediRiff

JediRiff Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 2, 2002
    Yep, with Logan, we tried and tried, and it was all for naught. When we finally said ok, we give up for now, BLAMMO, she got pregnant. :) Trust me, it will make your life more complete, and sooooo happy. They are worth it all.

5. Entropy

Entropy Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2002
    Well, if most of my friends are any indication (present company excluded), it'll only happen when you don't want it to. Offering condolences is still my first reaction when someone tells me that they're going to have a baby, even though for the past few years, I've known way more people trying to have children than not.

And offering congratulations seems weird anyway. I mean, I know people are excited and happy that they are finally going to have a child (or another). However, I keep thinking that no matter how nice I phrase it, ultimately, all I'm really saying is, "Way to knock up the old lady."

6. Lodreh

Lodreh Jedi Master star 4

Jul 2, 2002
    Lady Vader if there is anything I can do to help I'll gladly be there :D

Lod-Reh SaJon ~
    "If you seek knowledge and understanding look to the Force. If you seek pain and suffering look no further than me."

7. Shindo_Windu

Shindo_Windu Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 21, 2004
    Feasting off ones who are already spoken for. That's real nice.

8. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    J9, might I take a moment to recommend listening closer to advice from Eddie-wan and myself first. :) We actually have some experience in the kids department, where others are just speculating. ;) Seriously, though, they are wonderful. They make coming home a very, very nice thing. "Daddy!" can sound so magical. (Of course, Mommy will sound just as good to you, I promise. )

9. eddie-wan-kenobi

Jul 14, 2003
    Riff, did it really go BLAMMO? It was more like a KABLOOOOMM here. ;)

10. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    Hehehehehe.... how about no sound at all, to be completely honest. We were both scared to the bone, but excited at the same time. I dont think I took a breath for quite a long period of time. :)

11. Lodreh

Lodreh Jedi Master star 4

Jul 2, 2002
    And he has been smoking ever since.... ;)

Lod-Reh SaJon ~
    "If you seek knowledge and understanding look to the Force. If you seek pain and suffering look no further than me"

12. Shindo_Windu

Shindo_Windu Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 21, 2004
    I've been thinking of names for when I have a son or daughter.
    I like these for a boy: Darian,Justice, Tavian, or Sebastian.

And for a girl: Eve, Alicia, Morrigan, Raven, Erica, or Lily.

Heh.

13. eddie-wan-kenobi

Jul 14, 2003
    Nice choices Shindo. Different without being weird. I really like Sebastian. Makes me think of Skid Row.
    Our daughters name, Samantha Shea, quite honestly was the first one we put together that we could agree on.
    My son, Patrick Scot, is named after Patrick Stewart(my wife digs him) and my best freind in high school. One night after WAY to much Canadian Mist, I swore that my son would have his name. Well, I kept that oath, drunk or not. He was that special to me at the time, at still is even though I rarely see him anymore. Note the one "t" in Scot. My friend wanted to be different in high school so he decided to drop one of the "t" in Scott. That way he could go around and say, "Hi, I'm Scot, with one t"

14. joe-da

joe-da Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2002
    I like: BoShek, Amanaman, Kabe, Muftak... you get the idea...

15. eddie-wan-kenobi

Jul 14, 2003
    So are they like, traditional Wampa names or are they more contemporary?

16. joe-da

joe-da Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2002
    neo-retro-contemporary

17. eddie-wan-kenobi

Jul 14, 2003
    (In best Richie Cunningham voice) AAAAHHHH

18. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    Poooooor Joe-da kids..... :(