main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Signs of Life - Anakin Lives postRotJ AU - Chapter 37 (July 9, *2008*)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JalendaviLady, Mar 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kristeh

kristeh Jedi Youngling star 3

May 24, 2003
    It's a wonderful story, JL! [face_love]

And I'm very sorry about the death of your family member. Even though it's been a while, these things always hurt. Hugs!

Kristeh

2. Alethia

Alethia Jedi Master star 5

Feb 13, 2005
    Excellent fic. But I shouldn't have started reading it at midnight, because it's now 1 am and I'm really tired. It was just so good that I coudn't stop!

And I can't believe that you brought in the characters from the Ken books! Those were my favorite post ROTJ books- still are, actually. I had both volumes, I think I got them soon after the movies were rereleased, eight? years ago- And I always loved them and wanted to read more about the characters. But I'll admit that I haven't thought of them in years... whoa, was that a shock, reading about Kendalina and Trike. When I saw the name Kendalina, I thought about it, shortly, but then rejected the idea. And now it turns out that I'm right. Cool. And I'd really like to see Ken. And...Zeke...right? That funny monkey-like pet he had...

Anyway, on to the actual fic. I really liked it (which is why I stayed up to read straight through it). It's excellently written and the plot line is interesting too. And now I really wonder what's going on with Luke.

The Luke/Leia/Anakin scenes are charming and I like the Skylord idea. Interesting that Anakin was adopted by them, will his 'real' heritage ever come out? And does that mean Shmi was force-sensitive too, 'cause she married a Skylord? And what about the Anakin not having a father? How would she know that? I'm probably reading too much into it..

I'm too tired to say much anything else other than that this fic is great and that I'd like an update...

3. JalendaviLady

JalendaviLady Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    The next post will be here soon. I have it done; I just don't have a way to get it to a computer with internet capabilities until at least tomorrow night, if not later.

4. astarael

astarael Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 8, 2005
    Can't wait

5. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    alright :D can't wait

OPPM :mad:

6. Rosh_Penin

Rosh_Penin Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 20, 2005
    Wow, started reading this today and spent hours catching up! Excellent so far, JalendaviLady, and I too would appreciate being put on the PM list for updates.

7. JalendaviLady

Nov 20, 2002
    PMs will likely be sent later tonight.

Disclaimer: See first post.

Chapter 30

Han and Leia stood together in the lift, heading towards the hangar.

?I doubt Chewie can get that piece of junk to fly again.?

?I thought you were done insulting my co-pilot when you stopped calling him a walking piece of carpet.?

?I wasn?t insulting Chewbacca. That ship is falling apart.?

?The Falcon is fine, Leia. She?ll be flight-worthy with just a little more work.?

And a miracle, Flyboy. Not just a minor one, either. We?ve probably used up all our miracles by now, and Luke needs one a lot more than the flying hunk of junk does. Death Star, Yavin, Hoth, Bespin, Tatooine, Father... so many miracles the Force has given us.

The lift doors opened.

A woman in too much garish make-up, a loose shirt tied at the waist with a medallion hanging down around her neck, worn spacer-style pants, and low-cut boots.

?Han, what did I teach you about maintaining a spaceship??

Who... Someone from some back alley spaceport that I don?t know about?

Han rushed forward, and Leia felt her heart sink towards her feet.

?What are you doing here, Lady? I thought...?

?I was on the trail of something and the trail went dead. Perfect excuse to see how things are everywhere I haven?t been.?

?On the trail of something?? Han, friends with a sell-secret or bounty hunter?

?I thought... after I left for the Academy...?

?You certainly changed your mind about that, didn?t you??

Someone from before Han spent a little while in the Imperial Navy? Before he met Chewie?

Who is this woman?

?Han, don?t you think some introductions are in order here??

Leia stepped forward, intrigued. He?s actually listening to her. Who is she, anyway?

?Lady, meet Princess Leia Organa of Alderaan. Leia, this is Lady. She unofficially adopted me off the streets when I was barely a teenager.?

She raised him? This is the woman responsible for who Han Solo is?

?And you certainly forgot everything I ever taught you about ship maintenence. Do you even have a diagram of where the wires run??

Something about her, something that shone under the make-up and inelegant clothing, lent her an air of authority Leia had rarely seen in anyone outside of politics.

?Lady... the war... there wasn?t much...?

Han was backing up, hands raised in a meager attempt at self-defense.

?Han, I haven?t run anything in years and my ship is in better condition than yours. Can this... this thing... even fly? Chewbacca told me the problem right now is battle damage, but I doubt this hunk of junk could even fly into one!?

Leia couldn?t help it; she started giggling, trying to hide it behind a hand. Everyone calls it a hunk of junk. Me, Luke... if Father saw it, he?d call it a hunk of junk too. Papa probably wouldn?t have let me anywhere near that thing.

?Lady...?

?I taught you better than this. I broke my own rule about traveling alone unless transporting people for pay, the one time I have ever broken it since my earliest days as a flying wanderer, just to keep you from becoming another bit of Corellian street grime. Have you forgotten everything I taught you??

I like this woman. I don?t know where she came from or what she?s been through, but I like her.

Leia picked quietly at her food. She and Lady were sitting in one of Home One?s mess halls while Chewie and Han looked over the Falcon, planning a complete overhaul of wiring and everything else. ?So...?

?So hard to start a conversation when one person?s background is a non-topic and the other?s homeworld is a touchy subject, isn?t it??

She has to have at least dabbled in diplomacy somewhere. ?Yes, and things have just been so hard to deal with recently, altogether.?

?Mind telling an old Lady about it? The bits that aren?t other people?s or the Rebellion?s secrets, that is. I?ve heard my lips can be quite sealed when needed.?

?You heard what happened on the Death Star, right??

?Indeed. Qu

8. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    nice different perspectives, I can't wait for more

9. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    I don't think Padme would have a problem with Leia's choice.

10. astarael

Jan 8, 2005
    Oh! A post!

Excellent, as usual. I'm glad to see the story still moving!

11. Ana_Labris

Ana_Labris Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    Hehe this was amusing, Lady isn't trying to keep her cover, is she? :) Post more soon!

12. masterjedix

masterjedix Jedi Master

Jan 17, 2003
    So when is anakin going to bump into lady?

13. WhiteLadyofRohan

WhiteLadyofRohan Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 14, 2005
    Lady, I have been reading your novel for awhile now and just became a poster here. Awesome job!!! I LOVE EUs!!! I look forward to more!

14. JalendaviLady

Nov 20, 2002
    JediFalcon: Glad you're enjoying my little experiment.

RebelMom: I don't think she would have a problem, either.

astarael: Thanks.

Ana_Labris: Actually, she's trying to keep her cover. Note that she gave no clues to who she really is, only to things she has done.

masterjedix: Soon.

WhiteLadyofRohan: I'm glad you've been enjoying it.

15. Jedi_Guard_of_Death

Jedi_Guard_of_Death Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 9, 2004
    This is to Alethia.
    Actually, Ken's pet mooka is 'Zeebo'.
    I'm not sure, but I think 'Zeke' is the name of a character from a different EU story... might be wrong about THAT one, but hey...
    I loved those books too! Still do, as a matter of fact.

16. JediStarMoonstruck

JediStarMoonstruck Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2002
    Whoa! I missed this! :eek:

Lady, huh? Sounds interesting. Can't wait to see more of this and her. :D

Luke. I want to know what's going on with Luke. *pulls out hair*

17. Alethia

Alethia Jedi Master star 5

Feb 13, 2005
    You updated and I had no clue...

Excellent chapter. Something tells me there's more to this Lady than what meets the eye. I want to say that it's somehow Padmé, but I'm probably wrong. Maybe someone connected to her?

Anyway, I'm glad I finally read this, it was excellent and I'll definitely be waiting for more.

18. WhiteLadyofRohan

WhiteLadyofRohan Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 14, 2005
    Up? Please??? *begs on her knees*

19. JalendaviLady

Nov 20, 2002
    ATTENTION: There will be no pet mookas.

JediStarMoonstruck: Luke=Not. Life. Threatening.

But still rather annoying.

20. astarael

Jan 8, 2005
    Ok, this most definately needs an up.

C'mon, who wants to see this fic finished? I know that I definately do. So...
    UP
    UP
    UP
    and another UP for good luck!

21. JalendaviLady

Nov 20, 2002
    Maybe I can throw something together...

I've been working on a short story for the last few weeks, but that got turned in today. Also, I've been sick for the past week and a half; the effects of the meds I'm on is almost as bad as being sick.

But I may be able to stick together some of the events going on elsewhere...

EDIT: And about finishing this story... current time is about 2 months max post ROTJ. This story has to go until at least a year post ROTJ.

22. JalendaviLady

Nov 20, 2002
    Disclaimer: See first post.

Chapter 31

The world was dark and close, as always. He thought he was finally getting used to it, the narrow tunnels that were nothing like the place he?d spent most of his life.

But at least he had never known the ?sky? the others longed for.

His friend was nearby, the only person he had gotten to know here.

Nothing he had ever known had prepared him for the day the lights had gone out and he had been forced to feel his way through the city as the troopers swarmed in.

Everything burned. Even if he knew the way out, or even where he was, there would be nothing to go back to.

Nothing at all.

He feels his friend nudge him carefully with an elbow and he returns his mind to collecting little fragments of spun spice with frozen fingers and the hidden power only he and his friend can use.

He has been here for an eternity, it seems.

The stars he once danced among are far beyond his reach.

The wind and rain he once worshipped as signs of the Maker?s power do not exist in his cell or in the planet beyond the prison. Even if he could break the chains, to step into the world beyond the prison would be a vacuum-filled airless death.

The chains once chaffed him; now, they seem like they have been part of his arms and legs since the beginning of his existence. They let him move just far enough to reach the tray that slides out of the wall daily only to disappear again.

He has begun to wonder if he is the only being on the planet that can think, if the systems that keep him alive have been automated all along. Certainly it has seemed an eternity since the Dark One came to gloat

He remembers friends, family, his wife and son, but they are as dreams.

He yawns, lying on his side as well as he can. As he thinks of the past in the moment before sleep, a single tear drips in the total darkness he inhabits.

And he dreams of a world he no longer belongs to.

Sterile durasteel and blaring laboratory lights.

That is all it has ever known, if something yet to develop a mind can know anything.

It floats in a tank, slightly bobbing and with nowhere to go, soulless and surrounded by other tanks containing others like it.

In form it is young, though it has floated there on invisible tides for over a decade, waiting.

Something changes, the tiniest impulse setting in motion a range of hormone drips long dormant.

On the outside, nothing changes in the closed eyes and waving brown hair.

On the inside, a soul has come to roost.

Inside a refuge of flesh again at last, it begins to seethe for revenge.

23. JediStarMoonstruck

JediStarMoonstruck Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2002
    This...sounds bad. [face_worried]

Then again, it's getting pretty quiet. :p

24. astarael

Jan 8, 2005
    Uh oh...

I have a bad feeling about this!

25. Falcon