main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Signs of Life - Anakin Lives postRotJ AU - Chapter 37 (July 9, *2008*)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JalendaviLady, Mar 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JalendaviLady

JalendaviLady Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    JediStarMoonstruck: It's supposed to sound bad. This is stuff I had to establish for the mayhem to follow.

astarael: [face_devil]

JediFalcon: Eventually there will be more. Finals are coming.

2. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Hmmm... Very interesting. Not sure this is a good development, but then again we can't know for sure, can we??

Update soon so we can cry or laugh! :D

3. JalendaviLady

Nov 20, 2002
    VaderLVR64: Read carefully and think about it (and I know you've read my viggies about the guy in the second section) and you'll know whether this is a good development or not.

*points to post*

Also, please note that each section, especially the last one, is extremely plot significant.

4. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Great! Now you're going to have me going back and examining every word you've posted of every viggie. No housework will get done, no meals will get cooked. My children will starve and IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT! :D

5. JalendaviLady

Nov 20, 2002
    UPing for visibility, since I did not send PMs.

6. Arcalian

Arcalian Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 13, 2005
    I just read all of this. Not every single reply, but every story post.

All.

Of.

It.

Not a good thing to do on a work night.

Can't possibly comment on all of it or even half of it. Full marks for Solo's "Mom" and the general concept.

That last bit, about the mind seething for revenge, is I suspect a Palpy clone.

Beyond that I need to go to bed. But I hope now that I've found your story, you'll start reading mine again.

Good stuff.

*goes to bed*

7. Arcalian

Mar 13, 2005
    Uppage.

8. JalendaviLady

Nov 20, 2002
    Thanks, Arcalian. And you're right about the Palpy clone.

So, anybody wanna hazard a guess about the other three characters in the post?

9. leandrastar2000

leandrastar2000 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 6, 2004
    Just found this yesterday and started reading. Finished up and now I am replying.

This is a great story. I can't wait to see what else happens.

As for the three people hinted at in your last post, here are my guesses.

1. Kyp Durron

2. No Idea whatsoever.

3. A Clone of Palpatine

Please post more soon.

10. JalendaviLady

Nov 20, 2002
    leandrastar: Thanks for reading! Kyp is the friend in the first part. The third part involves a clone of Palpatine. That leaves the main characters in part 1 and part 2 unidentified.

11. Jedi_Guard_of_Death

Jedi_Guard_of_Death Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 9, 2004
    This seems like it involves Trike. In fact, this is pretty accurately what his life was like.

12. JalendaviLady

Nov 20, 2002
    Nope. Events in the chapter are current, not flashback.

13. Alethia

Alethia Jedi Master star 5

Feb 13, 2005
    Hmm...I'm very intrigued with this now. Such an eerie chapter. But I can't think of who any of the others may be.

14. AgentViper007

AgentViper007 Force Ghost star 7

Mar 9, 2005
    This is an excellent story.

tell me, will piett and Veers be making another apperance?

15. JalendaviLady

Nov 20, 2002
    Jerjerrod-Lennox: Piett and Veers may make another appearance. Right now, they're busy dealing with integrating the Alliance forces with the Imperial defectors safely and withotu incident.

Expecteth not the next posteth until summereth.

Disclaimer: See first post.

Chapter 32

It was an hour later when Luke felt someone enter the room.The presence was bright in the Force but unfamiliar.

Anakin stirred beside him, raising up somewhat. ?What is it, Kalani??

?I was alone and everything was so different...? Luke was struck by the strangeness of her accent. It sounded a bit like Anakin?s, but what added a vague texture to his voice was woven all the way through hers. She looked at her feet. ?I got scared.?

?Kalani, this is Luke, my son. Luke, this is your cousin Kalani.?

Luke finally managed to get a good look at her. She was young, clearly not even a preteen yet, and dressed in something slightly reminescent of Jedi robes and flightsuits all at once.

?It?s good to meet you, Kalani. So, you?re my father?s apprentice now??

She nodded, still looking at her feet.

?Kalani,?Anakin rumbled from behind Luke, ?there is nothing wrong with being scared in your situation now. You are young and untrained, in an unfamiliar place. You simply came to a place you knew was more likely to be safe. There is no problem with that right now. You are in a new place.?

She was still looking at her feet, but stepped a bit closer. ?I?m sorry.?

Luke felt his father shift, both physically and emotionally. ?For what, child? You have a right to my attention; after all, I did agree to let you be my apprentice.?

?Because no one else thought I was worth the bother. All I?ve been since my parents died is deadweight on my clan.?

?That?s not true. Your uncle thought enough of you to find a way to keep from becoming deadweight.? Anakin stood and stumbled over to her, bracing himself on Luke?s bed until he was in front of her. He knelt, drawing her close.

As Kalani cried into his father?s shoulder, Luke could barely hear Anakin whisper, ?You are not the only one the raiders ever orphaned, little one.?

?So, what do you think of her??

Han, Chewie, and Lady were pouring over the Falcon, trying to figure out what should be fixed first.

?Pull out everything and rewire from the primary engines up.?

Chewie started whuffling uncontrollably, leaning against a bulkhead for support.

He could almost feel himself blush. Not that Han Solo would ever blush, but... ?I meant Leia.?

?The Princess? Politically and socially way out of your league.?

He would not droop. He would not droop. He would not droop.

?But in her heart and eyes, it appears you are worthy. Isn?t that what really matters??

?But will that change? She does have a family now.?

She spun around, looking at him sharply.

Something about her seemed like Leia for a moment.

And then it was gone.

?If she really loves you, it won?t matter. If it was just transferance of dependability, then it?ll go away.?

??Transferance of dependability???

?You met her right after her world exploded. Nothing was certain. If she decided to use you as something to depend on in the absence of her family, consciously on unconsciously... then her feelings will fade as her closeness to her true family increases. And increase it will.?

Chewie put a paw on his shoulder. Han shrugged it off. ?Is there any hope??

?She doesn?t seem like the kind of girl to rely on anything for long. The mere fact you?ve been yelling at each other for as long as I?ve heard rumors of is a good sign. I?d say there?s a chance.?

He stirred, blinking into the brightness of a small room (he could tell by the width of the ceiling). The tile pattern was oddly familiar...

?Feeling better, Biggs??

Duria?

Everything came back to him in a rush... the recording, the journey to the operating room, the medics telling him he would probably be asleep for a long time after the procedure because of the painkillers and numbing agents he woul

16. astarael

astarael Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 8, 2005
    Yes! Another update!

Aww... Kalani is so cute!

As Kalani cried into his father?s shoulder, Luke could barely hear Anakin whisper, ?You are not the only one the raiders ever orphaned, little one.?

Hmm... I wonder what Anakin meant by that?

Anyhows, great stuff.

More soon?

17. Alethia

Alethia Jedi Master star 5

Feb 13, 2005
    I really liked the scene between Anakin and Kalani. They both really seem to need each other. And I liked that part between Lady and Han as well. First thinking of the Falcon and then teasing Han... And I still want to know who she is. I want to say Padmé, but that can't be it...*grr* Infuriating...

18. Arcalian

Mar 13, 2005
    Yes, Kalani is cuuuuuuuuuuute.

Don't worry Han, Leia loves you.

19. JalendaviLady

Nov 20, 2002
    astarael: Hmm... I wonder what Anakin meant by that?

In case this has no yet been fully revealed: in recent decades the SkyLords have been preyed upon by various unscrupulous people. Yes, a clan in force can take out the Ssi-ruuk, but a ship alone is an easy target. Anakin's father's ship was attacked when Anakin was three; this resulted in his and Shmi's enslavement. Alend mentioned earlier that Kalani was lucky: she hid and was not found when her family's ship was attacked.

To get a general idea of a SkyLord clan, think of a group of small freighters working off of a larger ship. While Alend's ship is certainly not the size of a Star Destroyer, it is large enough to be a home base for an assortment of related families. Anakin's family got hit while they were taking a vacation away from the main group.

Alethia: They both really seem to need each other.

And indeed they do.

EDIT:

Sorry I missed seeing your post, Arcalian.

Kalani may be cute now, but when she grows up she'll put fear in the hearts of her enemies.

20. JediStarMoonstruck

JediStarMoonstruck Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2002
    Ah. Ok, now I can answer (was feeling bad last night). :)

Awww poor girl. :( Don't worry, you have Anakin and Luke and Leia. Brand new family that will accept you for all it's worth. :)

Can we place bets on who the Lady is? Or is that a foregone conclusion? :p

*whacks Han*

Men need sense. :p

21. JalendaviLady

Nov 20, 2002
    JediStarMoonstruck: No placing bets on Lady. Those reading another one of my fics already know who she is.

22. JediStarMoonstruck

Feb 19, 2002
    Which one is that?

23. JalendaviLady

Nov 20, 2002
    JediStarMoonstruck:

Lady of the Sky

Please, anyone who follows this link, DO NOT reveal her identity in this thread. Thank you.

24. JediStarMoonstruck

Feb 19, 2002
    Oooo I didn't know you updated it. :eek:

*reads it*

Nice POV there. :p

25. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    very nice update more ;) :) :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.