main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Signs of Life - Anakin Lives postRotJ AU - Chapter 37 (July 9, *2008*)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JalendaviLady, Mar 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    excellent post as always and I can't wait for the next one

2. nabooromance

nabooromance Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 7, 2005
    I just found these boards and have fallen in love with the stories and talent of the authors! I have been riveted to my screen reading this. I hope more follows soon, please PM me of updates!
    Thanks
    Bri

3. nabooromance

Jun 7, 2005
    tap, tap, tap. Opps, that is just my fingers as I wait for more.... I am as patient as Anakin LoL!
    More please!

4. Arcalian

Arcalian Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 13, 2005
    This is when we UP! *boot to the thread*

5. nabooromance

Jun 7, 2005
    I am new but I take it - upping the thread keeps it up high on the list?

6. Arcalian

Mar 13, 2005
    Yeah but the mods dont like it too much. But showing your support is always good!

7. nabooromance

Jun 7, 2005
    I just wanted you to know that I am not losing interest in your story... just out of town till around July 12th with no computer access. I am looking forward to catching up as I will dearly miss the wonderful work you do... I will also need my Anakin/Padme mush fix! LOL!

8. Jedi_Guard_of_Death

Jedi_Guard_of_Death Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 9, 2004
    Update! Come on! This is such a good story! Please keep going!

9. JalendaviLady

JalendaviLady Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    Working on songfic (which so far has nearly taken a year, and I'm nearly done), a viggie series (nothing posted from it yet, but it's connected to this rather distantly), and just trying to relax this summer. Post will be up when it is up.

10. Jedi_Guard_of_Death

Jul 9, 2004
    That, I can appreciate. Go on, relax. H.A.G.S!

11. Arcalian

Mar 13, 2005
    keeping the thread active until JalendaviLady returns, with this uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup!

12. hdrexeldust

hdrexeldust Jedi Master

May 21, 2005
    Just found this wonderful work of fiction tonight, spent the last 2hours reading it. This is one of the best Anakin lives Post ROTJ stories that have ever crossed my path. It is wonderfully written with strong plot lines and well defined character relationships between the cannon and OC's.

thanks from a greatful fan
    hdrexel

13. nabooromance

Jun 7, 2005
    just checking in, want to make sure the story is here!

14. Jedi_Guard_of_Death

Jul 9, 2004
    Just for good measure, I hope you're doin' okay, JalendaviLady! Your fic is STILL great and I still love it! Good LUCK!
    Or... May the Force be with you...?

15. nabooromance

Jun 7, 2005
    JalendaviLady
    Hope things are okay with you..... We are missing you!
    Bri

16. JalendaviLady

Nov 20, 2002
    I'm okay, writing is slow, walking to class is now capable of nearly causing heatstroke, and I have a pile of Latin homework calling.

RebelMom: It's still going to be a while before Luke starts feeling much better.

Jedi_Guard_of_Death: Though it was kind of funny that she still calls Bail Organa 'Papa'.

It's how she thinks of him, and since she was in informal company she called him that.

Arcalian: I wonder how far this story deviates from ROTS. Daddy sure don't wanna tell the kids of the grisly details of what HE did on the first Empire day.

[face_devil]

Welcome, nabooromance!

hdrexeldust: Just found this wonderful work of fiction tonight, spent the last 2hours reading it. This is one of the best Anakin lives Post ROTJ stories that have ever crossed my path. It is wonderfully written with strong plot lines and well defined character relationships between the cannon and OC's.

:eek:Thank you!:eek:

17. Jedi_Guard_of_Death

Jul 9, 2004
    Oooh... school stuff.... murderous thing, homework is. Good luck! I know how tough latin can be.

Hope your professors aren't evil.

18. Arcalian

Mar 13, 2005
    This is when we up.....

19. JalendaviLady

Nov 20, 2002
    New chapter may be up this weekend. I have quite a bit done, but typing is somewhat slow tonight as I stabilized a hot breadpan containing my breakfast with my left hand this morning... and I did not have oven mitts on both hands. I'm doing okay now and no real damage was done, but typing is going slower than usual.

20. Arcalian

Mar 13, 2005
    *comforts* atleast you wont need a prosthetic hand....

21. Jedi_Guard_of_Death

Jul 9, 2004
    GET WELL SOON, NA NO DA!

22. JalendaviLady

Nov 20, 2002
    I think I almost have it done... Bad week (we had some tornadoes, and people are going bonkers about gasoline right now), and I'm slightly blocked.

Jedi_Guard_of_Death: The hand is fine. The cough I came down with Thursday morning is not. Working on the post now.

23. Jedi_Guard_of_Death

Jul 9, 2004
    Gas prices are a mess here, too. But I at least hope your home isn't going through what happened to New Orleans.

HOPE YOU'RE OKAY, NA NO DA! EVERYONE WISH HER LUCK!

24. JalendaviLady

Nov 20, 2002
    And, at long last and double the word count of the previous chapter...

TaDa! Finally reached the point where the next time skip happens.

And again, those of you who know who Lady is, please don't say it. [face_shhh] Please. [face_shhh]

And now, on to the post!

Disclaimer: See first post.

Chapter 36

Trike followed Kendalina back into the medcenter and down the halls that were almost all he knew of the ship he was now supposed to call ?home?.

She?d promised that the big scary man had calmed down. Trike had no doubts that it wouldn?t last. It never did. There was always one person wherever he went just looking to beat on anyone who had any visible vulnerablity. Sometimes it was a doctor, a shock-crazy inmate... one time it had even been the shock tech.

The last time, it had been the shock tech.

She clung to his hand, offering no easy chance for retreat. This was just like every other place had been, after all. The bounds of where he could move at will were just a little larger and they had their own quarters. Other than that, it seemed like more of the same. This place even had a bully. Now all Triclops needed to do was learn his name and learn how to keep out of his way.

Hopefully he wasn?t someone important.

?C?mon, Trike. Everything will be fine.? //I promise.// He hadn?t even noticed that he had slowed down.

Around a corner, through a door, and Triclops was facing a room filled with people.

He started trying to backpedal...

...and his back hit the door that had slid closed behind him.

The ceiling was solid in the room. All the doors Triclops could see were closed.

He was trapped.

And there on the big couch, arm wrapped around the man who had helped Triclops escape...

Did he really help me to help me, or was there another reason?

...was the man who had tried to hurt him. It wouldn?t be the first time in his life the local bully had a buddy.

But there was something odd in the air, as if thought did not match reality. He?d felt that before, when someone he thought was trustworthy wasn?t at all, but this time it had a cleaner feel to it. There was something safe and pure about that feeling, something that left Triclops feeling clensed himself after merely touching it for the second it lasted.

He didn?t know what to do. He couldn?t escape. He could stay as far away as possible, but maybe the big man wouldn?t hurt him as long as the man who?d already helped Triclops once was nearby.

Even after the meal with the red-tint-hair lady, he was hungry.

I?m getting too used to constant food, he thought. It was a simple survival thought; when one has no way to get food and no clue when the next meal will come, hunger gains a different quality. Harder to deal with in the long run, but less bothersome during short stretches. If one can do nothing to stop it, why notice it?

His stomach growled.

Kendalina was looking at him eye-to-eye in a moment. ?I thought Lady Mothma said she fed you!?

//She did.//

The big man looked at him suddenly, head tilted. ?He?s mute??

//Kenda, what?s ?mute??//

//It means you can?t talk, and it?s probably the most polite way anyone can say it.//

There was something suddenly in everyone?s eyes...

Pity. The one thing he?d really learned to understand in the past few days.

Suddenly, there was the something again, the wind calling for attention. He didn?t understand what he was feeling, or how. It wasn?t the same as when Kenda spoke to him with her mind, or when they?d been searching for him. It was something deeper, wilder, less controllable.

Something far more dangerous.

He couldn?t remember what happened next, but he woke to find Kenda and the big man leaning over him, two women and the man who?d helped him sitting at the corner of his vision.

He freaked out.

//LEMME OUT!//

Anakin pressed down Triclops? shoulders as loosely as he could. Something was going on for him to have passed out like that, and the last thing he likely needed was to run through the ship again.

25. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002

ohhhhhhhhh pillow fight

tosses pillow at Anakin

more soon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.