Beyond Signs of Life - Anakin Lives postRotJ AU - Chapter 37 (July 9, *2008*)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JalendaviLady, Mar 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Jedi_Master_Cazz Jedi Master

star 4
    Ohh, this fic is absolutely brilliant! You must send us a pm when you update! This is to good to miss! And i think i know who this "Lady" is too! I won't give it away though!

Cheers_Cazza@};-
  2. Ewok-Kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    wow. i just found this, and ive been up all night readng it.
    you should take over for lucas himself =D=
    pm me when you update!!!
  3. Falcon Chosen One

star 8
    up so it doesn't get locked
  4. JalendaviLady Force Ghost

star 4
    Um, yeah. Long time, no post.

Graduation. Grad school. Another graduation.

Then, ooh, look! Plot bunnies!

(I swear I still know where this is going...)

[whispers]Happy post 1000 to me.[/whispers]

Disclaimer: See first post.

Chapter 37

Luke shook his head as he looked out the viewport. ?If anyone a year ago had told me I'd be here...?

Piett chuckled.

Soon after Lady's departure, Mon Mothma had offered to allow the Jedi to use the Rebellion's one Super Star Destroyer as a homebase. They were fully moved in now, some three months later.

Given how desperately they were waiting for Lady's return, it might as well have been years from Luke's point of view.

Luke shook his head. They were waiting for a Lady on a Lady, for despite the recommissioning of the ship she was still the Lady Ex ? the Extant, a fit for the ship, her residents ? Jedi, ex-Imperial, and assorted others who needed to be safe away from the battle lines and yet did not need to be on Home One ? and the entire Rebellion itself.

?I'd have told them they were delusional,? Piett finished for him. ?A Jedi, running loose in the Lady Ex, on the bridge? No way it could ever happen.?

Luke moved his repulsorchair a little closer to where the transparisteel viewport met the decking.

?I told you this was a view you needed to have at least once.?

They were nowhere quite literally, taking advantage of the ship's dark color to drift in the empty spaces between planets in an uninhabited system. The dark triangle of the ship blocked the stars below and cut a wedge from the local gas giant.

Luke grinned.

Anakin sat in one of the ship's many mess halls.

He hadn't thought he'd be okay with being back on the Lady Ex, but it did oddly feel like home. Certain hardware had, of course, been removed, and the space it had occupied converted to other purposes. The storage areas his old quarters had replaced had now been refitted to provide training rooms for Jedi.

Kalani was trying to explain to Triclops just how an Idiot's Array could beat a Sabacc containing the Queen of Air and Darkness. Han had been visited by the crazy idea that learning Sabacc could help teach the man how to count, and the idea had been crazy enough to actually work ? after a fashion. Anakin had made Kalani help as a practice of her Force-communication skills and as an exercise in patience, and he'd been participating to keep his mind off other things.

Waiting. Luke's condition, which had stabilized but was still His Fault. Kendalina leaving all of them from time to time to help clear out places like where she'd found Trike, as she was currently doing. Han and Leia being involved in a new mission off somewhere right now, so delicate that he didn't even know what sort of thing his daughter was now off doing. His not being able to do anything but sit around and follow Ulic's ghost's instruction to help with the new generation of Force-users, because no one was going to risk the most trained Jedi the Rebellion had on anything less than a complete and total requirement for the Rebellion's survival, and it was thankfully not likely that would happen soon.

He was also surprised at how well he had adapted to having Trike around, but then again, the man hadn't had any more choice about his heritage than Luke did, and had fewer choices about how to handle what had happened to him.

It wasn't like Luke's injuries led anyone to question his intelligence, after all.

The human mind even when undamaged wasn't designed to learn things at thirty that it was supposed to have learned at five.

He yawned and sipped his caf.

?

It was a big galaxy, and there were many places to hide things. This was most noticeable when one had something to find. Particularly when one only had the slightest clue where to begin looking.

There had only been rumors, but they were nasty ones. Even Anakin had only enough information to prove the rumors were right.

The Rebellion had been collecting information whenever th
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.