main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Signs of Life - Anakin Lives postRotJ AU - Chapter 37 (July 9, *2008*)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JalendaviLady, Mar 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    A weird relationship is good, but I can't see Anakin with anyone else besides Padme.

thats IMHO you may see it differently

2. JalendaviLady

JalendaviLady Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    Talked to beta... scrapping chapter entirely.

There goes two days of work... :_| :_| :_|

3. JediMasterKobe

JediMasterKobe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2003
    :_| :_|

I feel your pain! :_|

:_| :_|

4. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Awww, i know what you mean! ::huggles for muggles.::

5. DARTH_MARIANA

DARTH_MARIANA Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 2, 2004
    I feel your pain! :_| :_| :_| :_| :_|

6. Pelly-Welly

Pelly-Welly Jedi Knight star 6

Jan 10, 2004
    *hugs* you deserve some love *brings in home-made cake, some chocolate and warm milk*

7. kristeh

kristeh Jedi Youngling star 3

May 24, 2003
    Hugs! [face_love]

Kristeh

8. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    *hugs* [face_love]

9. JalendaviLady

Nov 20, 2002
    The new version of Chapter 9 is off to my beta. The original teaser does in fact apply:
    Chapter 9 occurs entirely in the medcenter. It will include conversation between two main characters, danger, and a Force vision I promise will be a great deal less confusing than the previous one.
    With any luck, it should be up by the weekend.

10. kristeh

May 24, 2003
    Great news!

11. JalendaviLady

Nov 20, 2002
    A little shorter than usual...

Note: Anakin's family's past in definitely different in this particular AU world.

Disclaimer: See first post.

Chapter 9

Anakin relaxed into the wheelchair-bed the medics had jury-rigged for him. They had only just presented it to him that morning, telling him, ?You may not be strong enough to be up and about, but you can certainly be about.? There was no way for him to move it himself, but they had promised to let him get outside his room in it at least once every day, even if only to circle the medcenter corridors. Finally, a form of mobile life-support.

It wasn?t the greatest thing in the universe, but he was propped up somewhat so that he was nearly sitting. For someone who had spent over 20 years of his life sleeping sitting upright in a sterile meditation chamber, the past week of lying flat constantly had been extremely unnerving, even ignoring the effects of his injuries. The soft padding of the wheelchair-bed had come as a relief. He was still weak, but he felt more in control of himself.

He smiled weakly at the medics. ?Thank you.? He silently berated himself for not knowing their names by now, but lucidity was still very much a fluid thing for him. I?ll learn their names eventually, he promised himself. ?Now, didn?t you all say Biggs wanted to talk with me??

?If you wanted to talk with him. He wanted us to be sure to let you know he wouldn?t hold it against you if you didn?t come...?

?It?ll get me out of the room. And I do need to talk to him.?

There was only a small length of corridor between the two rooms.

One of the medics stuck his head in an open door. ?Someone to see you, Biggs.?

?He can come in,? a weak voice answered. Anakin recognized the quality of the weakness?it was the voice of one who had lain still far too long.

The medics pushed him in and left, closing the door partway.

?So you?re Luke?s father,? Biggs whispered after a moment. Anakin could see the shine in his eyes and knew the quality of Bigg?s mind hadn?t suffered from his long medical problems. Emotional problems yes... but not cognitive problems.

?Yeah. Thanks for speaking for me, by the way.?

?Don?t mention it. Have they told you anything about how Luke?s doing??

?Not yet. They say he?s in good hands and I shouldn?t worry.?

Biggs snorted softly. ?They?ve been telling me the same thing.?

?Something?s got to be wrong, then.?

?Can?t you feel him? You are both Jedi, right??

?It?s been so long since I used the lightside extensively, and I?m so physically weak... I can?t use the Force for very much right now. As far as I can tell he?s still unconscious.?

Biggs seemed to relax?Anakin thought he saw some change in the skin folds around his eyes. ?If he?s unconscious, then he can?t feel whatever pain he might be in. It?s been over a week.?

A long quiet pause, not really uncomfortable at all. We?re both used to the silence, Anakin realized.

?Does it still hurt?? I can?t believe I just asked him that...

?What?? Biggs asked weakly.

?Your injury. Does it still hurt??

?A little. Sometimes.?

?I hope someone who can help defects soon.? Something suddenly lodged in his mind. ?Has anyone checked to see if someone on the Executor could help??

?I don?t know.?

One of the medics came in. ?A holomessage just arrived from your father, Biggs. Do you want to see it now, or later??

?How did he sign it?? Anakin could hear trepidation in his voice.

?Huff Darklighter, followed by all his titles.?

Biggs let out a sob. ?There goes my inheritance. He only signs holomessages like that when he?s sending them to business rivals. Just go ahead and play it.?

Surely enough, the message was clear. Biggs had been completely disowned.

Because of me.

Anakin spent the rest of the day there, trying to keep Biggs? spirits up. Eventually, Biggs dropped into a deep but uneasy sleep.

Anakin relaxed. He?s asleep. Finally. He closed his eyes from exhaustion

12. JediStarMoonstruck

JediStarMoonstruck Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2002
    Poor Biggs!!!!!!! :_| :_| :_| :_| :_|

WHAT IN BLAZES IS GOING ON THERE AT THE END???? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

13. DARTH_MARIANA

Mar 2, 2004
    NNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

EVIL CLIFFHANGER! :_| :_| :_| :_| :_|

Thanks for the PM! ;)

~*Mariana*~

14. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    :eek: whoa didn't see that coming

but I also had a feeling it would be Biggs and Anakin you were talking about earlier

:_| poor Biggs

more soon

15. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Yikes! First Biggs is disowned and then somebody tries to kill them. Evil cliffie ;)

16. JediMasterKobe

JediMasterKobe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2003
    Poor Biggs! :(

Who's the guy with the gun? :eek:

17. Ana_Labris

Ana_Labris Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    Argh! Evil cliffhanger!!

18. Pelly-Welly

Pelly-Welly Jedi Knight star 6

Jan 10, 2004
    Thanks for the PM
    Poor Biggs, that's so sad :(
    Nooo! Cliffie!!
    But really, I'm angry at Biggs' dad... :(

19. kristeh

May 24, 2003
    Great job, again. I really enjoyed the conversation with Anakin and Biggs. And I admire Biggs for not being resentful because of his injury, but being able to give Anakin another chance for his friend's sake. Of course, Han and Chewie have also done that, and deserve credit as well.

Arghh. What a cliffhanger! I can't wait to see what's next!

Kristeh

20. JalendaviLady

Nov 20, 2002
    Official Count of Faces Generated by Last Post:

:_|: 11
    [face_shocked]: 11
    :(: 3
    ;):2

Have been bitten by a slight case of Prequel Plot Bunny Syndrome (no promises that I'll start posting the thing). Will write Chapter 10 once I get some of it out of my system.

21. Tribun

Tribun Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 20, 2003
    I have some questions:

-So Biggs is paralysed? You should know that paralysation is nothing really serious in the SW galaxy. They could simply replace the broken vertebraes. That was done with Anakin to undo the damage that would have made him a quadraplegic.
    Read of of it at:
    http://www.theforce.net/swtc/injuries.html#skeleton
    Therefore, Biggs just cant be treated because the Rebellion can't afford it, but Vader medical facilities on board the Executor should. (I bet he prepared for the case, his artifactial vertebraeas would disfunction.)

-Please don't make the SkyLords some sort of Ãœber-aliens. Such things don't exist in the SW galaxy.

-I know that you changed Anakins family history. But was(or still is?, depends on you) he married to Padmè?

-Will the Emperor stay dead, or will you recognize Dark Empire?

Hope you can answer that.

22. JalendaviLady

Nov 20, 2002
    Tribun:

Biggs is indeed paralysed. While medical tech. in the Star Wars universe is much more advanced than that here in the Real World, some procedures would still be tricky to perform. Biggs is still paralysed because no one with the knowledge of how to do the procedure has defected yet. Vader had access to the best Imperial medics; Biggs didn't. His neck is in a brace designed to keep further damage from occuring so that the injury can be healed once someone with the medical skills to fix the damage becomes available. Also, even for his case the procedure would be more difficult due to the details of the damage. (reads the linked page) Biggs doesn't need a respirator, by the way, because the damage was low enough that it missed the nerves that control breathing and heartrate; any medical reconstruction would have to be done carefully to prevent causing damage to these nerves.

SkyLords are not uber-aliens. In fact, they are very human and at times very vulnerable. However, part of what they are did give them an advantage over the Ssi-Ruuk. More to come about that in future chapters.

He was indeed married to Padme. Even in the very AU history of the fic, I have tried to keep as much from the actual Star Wars movies intact as possible, excluding Episode III due to the fact I can't currently know what occurs in the movie.

About Dark Empire... I'll admit I only know basic details about the storyline. I would love to read it someday, but currently I'd rather manage to get my hands on a copy of Tales of the Jedi: Redemption. Considering the time between ROTJ and Dark Empire, and the obvious changes in timeline that will occur... the Emperor's spiritual survival shall be... indeterminite for a while.

23. JalendaviLady

Nov 20, 2002
    Not page 3!

Maybe if I levitate it hard enough it'll stick to one of the sticky threads and stay UP! 8-}

UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

24. DARTH_MARIANA

Mar 2, 2004
    I'll help you JalendaviLady! *levitates thread and tapes it with duct tape to the top* There! All better! :D

~*Mariana*~

25. DARTH_MARIANA

Mar 2, 2004
    Why doesn't this story stay UP?!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.