main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Signs that You Are an Obsessed Star Wars Fan-by Universal

Discussion in 'Archive: Pembroke, NC' started by UniversalDestiny, Jul 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UniversalDestiny

UniversalDestiny Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2001

Ok ok I know this list has been done before but I've kinda adapted it a little. See what you think and add on :)

1. You still have your first set of Star Wars Movies.

2. You are already planning to goto Celebration III.

3. You've joined a Fan Force. (Yep I have and I'm proud to be a member ! :) )

4. You have every soundtrack and are anxiously awaiting the soundtrack for Episode III.

5. You still have your metal ANH, ESB and ROTJ Lunchboxes.

6. You have made your own costume. (Ok I haven't made mine but I"m getting ideas for one)

7. You have successfully built a working lightsaber.

8. You've dressed up as Vader, Maul, or Sidious to scare your kids into cleaning their rooms.

9. You've turned your car into a small Star Wars shrine.

10. You have lined up for Midnight Madness in a town where all the stores close at 9.
    ( I did at Wal-Mart they told me to come back at 8 the next day.)

11. You've had to secretly buy collectables and hide them from your family.

12. You've driven down HWY 70 humming Duel of the Fates in Summer Traffic. :)

13. You've built a working Droid.

14. You've built a replica R2-D2.

15. You've often stared into the Sunset while humming music from the movies.

16. You've turned the inside of your Car into a Pod Racer.

17. You've are already planning to line up for Episode III in 2005 days ahead of it's release.

18. You have collected all the computer, board and card games.

19. You've gone to Hallmark or any other card shop just to collect Star Wars cards.

20. You have most of the ornaments from Hallmark.

21. Your collection has now taken up the space of your entire room.

22. You have gone down to the DMV to have your license plate purposely customized with something related to Star Wars.

**** Ok that's a start I have more but I'm taking up a lot of room here. Add on!***

2. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    [face_laugh]

I love it!

You've built a working Droid.

One of the guys in my FanForce group built a working droid. Well, it doesn't roll around by itself, but it's dome does swivel and all it's little lights light up.

You can see the droid, plus many examples of the "Signs That You are an obsessed Star Wars Fan" at my group's website. Once you get on the site, click on "Past Events" and you should see the AOTC premier listed. Click on the premier link and you should see the pictures. You'll see every type of Star Wars-related deviant behavior in them. :p

I've got a new wave/heavy metal version of the Imperial March. Does that make me even more obsessed than the "average" obsessed fan? ;)

3. UniversalDestiny

Oct 25, 2001
    Alright, I will :D

Anyways......

23. You've hummed the Imperial March/Emperor's Theme while walking to the boss's or principals office.

24. You wonder if your neighbor or local politician is a real Sith in disguise.

25. You have always looked at New York or Washington DC as the Coruscant of Earth.

26. You have Star Wars themes programmed into your Cell Phone.

27. You have asked your doctor to give you a Midichlorian Count. (Hey I did haven't gotten the results back yet.)

28. You've been to Australia, England, Guatemala, Tunisia or any of the places where the movies were filmed.

29. You've met an actor/actress from the movies.

30. You've submitted at least 20 Applications to LucasArts, ILM, or Skywalker Ranch.

31. You've gone to the California Redwood Forests to look for Ewoks.

32. You have dressed your kids up as Star Wars characters for Halloween.

33. You have your action figures posed for a scene in a movie.

34. You've named your kids after Star Wars characters.

35. You know what a Hydrospanner is and used it.

36. You've named your car the Millenium Falcon.

37. For those of you with Roller Coaster Tycoon, you've built a Star Wars theme park.

38. You lined up for Episode II weeks in advance. (I admire those in Seattle that did it! Go Seattle!)

39. You have every single Star Wars TV special recorded.

40. You have collected every lightsaber from the movie.

41. You kept yourself spoiler free for Episode II.

42. You didn't keep yourself spoiler free for Episode II.

43. You made a Jango Fett Costume months in advance of Episode II being released.

44. You campaigned for the One World Release. (Keep it up for Episode III!)

45. You are working on a Threepio Costume to wear at the Next Convention.

46. You have dedicated your life to understanding the Force.

4. Grilled-Sarlacc

Grilled-Sarlacc Former Head Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 19, 2001
    27. You have asked your doctor to give you a Midichlorian Count.

[face_laugh] !!

5. UniversalDestiny

Oct 25, 2001
    Hey it's what works :)

6. jarik33

jarik33 Jedi Master star 1

Mar 10, 2002
    When people ask if you're married you say yes, with two padawans.

7. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    Here's one:

You've actually made every single recipe contained in both Star Wars cookbooks.

:p

8. UniversalDestiny

Oct 25, 2001
    49. Whenever you listen to a Soundtrack, you know exactly what scene the music is from.

50. You've hummed the Imperial March in bad traffic.

51. You get strange looks from people at Wal-Mart because you wander the Toy Asiles looking for Star Wars stuff.

52. You can't imagine life without Star Wars.

53. You have asked for a cup of "Java Juice" at a diner.

54. You know every single line from the movies, including the alien ones.

55. You've made it to Toshi Station to pick up some power converters :D.

56. You have nicknamed your students the Bear Clan. (If You're A Teacher!) :)

57. You purposely dress up as a character for Starlight Bowling at the Bowling Alley.

58. Everytime you've played Lazer Tag, you pretend that your opponents are Stormtroopers, Clone Troopers etc.

59. You have a little minature lightsaber key chain.

60. You insist on rock climbing with a Yoda duplicate strapped to your back.

9. UniversalDestiny

Oct 25, 2001
    61. For those of you with Jedi Outcast: You Eagerly counted down the very minutes to when the Yoda Model was finally released.

62. You are planning to dress a child as a Youngling.

63. You get strange looks from people at work when you play your Star Wars music. (Hey I do and I work behind the desk of a hotel).

64. You've spent an entire summer reading every single Star Wars Book you have.

65. You've gone into Wal-Mart to buy the Sabers and told the clerk at Check-Out "It's a Star Wars thing."

66. Your official motto for life is "It's a Star Wars thing."

67. Your official relgion is "The Force."

That's all for now.. :D

10. Grilled-Sarlacc

Jul 19, 2001
    Well I just purchase 3 action figures. This is something I have not done since I was very young. My fave character is Zam, so I got her 2 action figures, a well as my 2nd fave, Luminara! :D

11. UniversalDestiny

Oct 25, 2001
    Maybe after my meeting with my dietician, I would like to try and make a Bariss Costume as a reward. At least the cloak and uniform isn't revealing.

I think it would be fun.

-Universal

12. Grilled-Sarlacc

Jul 19, 2001
    Yeah, Barriss is cool too.

She is a real fan fave with the female fans. I can't remember how many women PM-ed me looking for pics of Barriss because they were planning on ceating a costume. I wish I kept in touch with them to maybe see a pic of how it turned out.

13. UniversalDestiny

Oct 25, 2001
    Yeah,

Well I've been keeping busy trying to think of stuff to add to the site. School's starting back up in August, but I'm not worried, I survived my first year.

I would love to go as Bariss, but like I said I would have to see my dietician to help me. Maybe I should say, "I want to become a Jedi, help me out here."

Anyways, my friend has a fan force in the Midwest Section.

The Quad City Jedi Order.

They've only started the other week and they have grown tremendously, but most of their members are in the 501st so that's why they are a bit larger than we are.

It's interesting, I have their site bookmarked in case you want to get ideas for ours.

-Universal

14. UniversalDestiny

Oct 25, 2001
    68. You've had mini-Star Wars marathons and invited everyone over to watch them with you.

69. You have Star Wars monopoly and play it at least once a week.

70. You've gone as far as Wilmington to get the 12inch Mace Windu collectable. (I did well worth it so I got two :) )

71. You've tried to get advice on how to set up your Star Wars collection.

72. Before going to bed, you have to read a Star Wars novel.

73. You've challenged yourself to read every Star Wars novel you have in one month.

74. You've gone to Lowe's to look for droids.

75. You've turned your Car into a Mini-Star Wars shrine.

76. You have laminated the USA Today Episode II stories.

77. You are anxiously awaiting for the arrival of the Episode II DVD.

78. You are planning to line up to get the DVD.

79. You have petitioned to name some part of your City after something in Star Wars.

80. Everytime you go fishing, you hope that you don't catch a Gungan.

81. You are planning to have a Star Wars wedding.

82. You have petitioned to someone in the roller coaster companies to name a roller coaster after something in Star Wars.

83. You hope that George Lucas will make Episodes 7,8, and 9.

84. You have all the replica lightsabers and all of the Toy Lightsabers dividing your collection into sections.

85. You've turned your house into a Star Wars Museum.

86. You are planning not to spoil yourself for Episode III.

87. You are planning to spoil yourself for Episode III.

88. You are already planning to go to Celebration III.

15. Grilled-Sarlacc

Jul 19, 2001
    1) You have lightsaber dueled with cardboard tubes, rolled up periodicals, or common garden vegetables.
    2) When nobody else is around, you?ve seriously tried to draw something into your hand with the Force.
    3) You own at least eight copies of the main title track on cheap movie theme albums that you only bought for that one track.
    4) You raise thumb and forefinger at people who annoy you.
    5) You can?t pick up a flashlight without waving it around and humming.(that be me!)
    6) You think the babblings of Yoda are really wise and relevant to everyday life.
    7) You move you hand purposefully when automatic doors open.
    8) You?ve used one of Solo?s lines in an intimate situation.
    9) You can?t wait at traffic lights without saying in a croaking Calamari(that?s the big fish in ROTJ for those who don?t know) accent "All craft prepare to jump into hyper space on my mark!"
    10) You have answered your boss with "Yes my lord."
    11) You resent people that think Ewoks are cute.
    12) You?ve been pulled over by the police and told them, "You don?t need to see my identification."
    13) You?ve frame-advanced one of the movies in a fruitless quest for the potato or shoe.
    14) You refer to Boba Fett or Wedge Antilles as "The Man".
    15) You have imitated Jabba or the Rancor when eating food.
    16) You have used at least one Huttese phrase in everyday conversation.
    17) You have physically threatened anyone who refers to "Hans Solo," "Dark Vader," or confuses Star Wars and Star Trek.
    18) You complain that your toaster has a bad motivator.
    19) You still resent the people that had more Star Wars toys then you as a kid.
    20) You hand around the optometrist and shout at customers, "You will PAY for your lack of vision!"
    21) You meet a friend that you haven?t seen in years and the first thing that you say is, "Why you dirty, double-crossing, no-good swindler! You gotta lotta nerve comin? back here, after what you pulled?"
    22) You have held up an onion ring and said, "Look sir, droids!"
    23) You?ve lost a girl/boyfriend because you were guilty of holding up an onion ring and saying "Look Sir Droids" during a date.
    24) Just arguing the finer points of Star Wars takes up- 2 or more hours of your day.
    25) You talk about the actors from the Trilogy like they were the characters, not just actors.
    26) Your parents or close friends have punished you in some way for acting like an idiot with things involving Star Wars.
    27) You defend Star Wars from "the persecution of non-believers" or "philistines on a regular basis.
    28) Your dreams start with the 20th Century Fox logo and a text that scrolls upward and back until out of sight.
    29) The original score from the Trilogy rings in your head at all hours of the day.
    30) You imagine yourself as an SSD captain giving the command to target someone you hate with a turbolaser battery
    31) You eat, sleep, and breath Star Wars.(I?m guilty of that one!)
    32) You?ve attempted more than once to propel yourself into hyperspace.
    33) You?ve had a dream where George Lucas casts you in a new Star Wars movie.
    34) You make reference to datapads, and glowrods more than once a day.
    35) People try to steal your Star Wars stuff for your own good in a last ditch effort to keep you out of the mental hospital.
    36) You hear parents or other family members seriously discussing having you committed because of your "problem".
    37) You mix a lot of carbonated beverages together and call it "YodaSoda"
    38) You try to market the above mentioned concoction.
    39) You tell you friends you?ve met Luke Skywalker and he said, he would train you in the ways of the Force.
    40) You put trash cans on your friends heads, and try to pawn them off as droids
    41) You get on your bike and pretend you?re flying a speeder bike on Endor.
    42) You finish dinner and flick your mom a quarter saying "Sorry about the mess."
    43) You name all of the electronic devises in your house after Star Wars droids.
    44) When getting out of the bathtub, you pretend you are struggling to get out of the Sarlaac?s mout

16. UniversalDestiny

Oct 25, 2001
    ROFL!

That's extremely funny.

Another one: On HWY 70 going to the beach, "I'm endangering the mission, I shouldn't have come."

Followed by: Duel of the Fates.

Do you know how many times my parents have given me "the look" because of my Star Wars addiction? I haven't even taken my Star Wars music out of my CD players and yet there's dad with "the look".

"It is pointless to resist my daughter."

I think secretly he's a Sith Lord because in my dreams he is Darth Vader. No joke about that.

But he was once a Star Wars fan himself. He was the one that intrduced me to Star Wars in the first place.

"Joined real life your father has. Lost the Star Wars fandom he did."

"I can't bring him back."

"Then real life has already won. You were our only hope."

"No do or do not. There is no try!"

Plus, I went the other week and got the lightsabers from Episode II from Wallyworld and I have kept them hidden. Maybe if we decide to have duels, I will bring them plus my Luke ROTJ Saber. But still the saga continues......

* cue Star Wars Main Titles*

Universal

17. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    You?ve had a dream where George Lucas casts you in a new Star Wars movie.

I've actually had a dream in which good old George cast me as a Jedi extra.

Man, I'm so mental. :p

18. UniversalDestiny

Oct 25, 2001
    Another Sign:

You wake up and you have your CD player rigged to play the Opening Titles.

:D

19. UniversalDestiny

Oct 25, 2001
    Even another Sign:

The Imperial March mysteriously plays everytime a parent enters the room.

I swear everytime Dad enters mine, I have the CD player going and sure enough 9 times out of 10 it's the Imperial March.

20. Grilled-Sarlacc

Jul 19, 2001
    You might be a Jedi Redneck if

1. Your Jedi robe is a camouflage color.
    2. You have ever used your lightsaber to open a bottle of Jack Daniel's.
    3. You think the best use of your lightsaber is picking your teeth.
    4. At least one wing of your X-Wing is Bondo colored.
    5. There is a blaster rack in the back of your landspeeder.
    6. You have bantha horns on the front of your landspeeder.
    7. You can easily describe the taste of an Ewok... without using the word chicken".
    8. You can find no grammatical errors in the way Yoda talks.
    9. You think that Stormtroopers are just KKK members with really good sheets.
    10. A peaceful meditation session is one without gas.
    11. You can levitate yourself using a force from within, but not THE force.
    12. Your master ever said "My finger you will pull..hmmm?"
    13. You have ever had an X-wing up on blocks in your yard.
    14. You ever lost a hand during a light-saber fight because you had to spit.
    15. The worst part of spending time on Dagobah is the dadgum skeeters.
    16. Wookies are offended by your B.O.
    17. You have ever used the force to get yourself another beer so you didn't have to wait for a commercial.
    18. You have ever used the force in conjunction with fishing or bowling.
    19. You have ever used a lightsaber to clean fish or open a non-twist-off bottle of beer.
    20. Your father has ever said to you, "Shoot, son come on over t' the dark side...it'll be a hoot."
    21. You have ever had your R-2 unit use its self-defense electro-shock thingy to get the bar-b-q grill to light.
    22. The moonshine still you built on Endor is hidden so well even the Ewoks can't find it.
    23. You have a stuffed womp rat anywhere in your home.
    24. You think the symbol for the Rebel Alliance should be the Confederate flag.
    25. More than half the droids you own don't function.
    26. The number of blasters you own exceeds your I.Q.
    27. You wonder why Luke and Leia gave up on getting married.
    28. You used a carbon-freezing chamber to mount the Wampa you shot while on vacation on Hoth.
    29. Your moonshine is made on a real moon.
    30. You don't like wearing a Jedi robe because it prevents access to the dip stored in your back pocket.
    31. Sandpeople back down from your mama.
    32. You've ever used Jedi mind control to talk your way out of a speeding ticket or DUI.
    33. You've ever strangled someone with the force because they laughed at your accent.
    34. You built an outhouse over the Sarlaac.
    35. You've ever argued with a Jawa over scavenging rights to a broken droid.
    36. A Wookie has ever told you that you need to shave.
    37. You have ever wrecked a landspeeder while trying to light a cigarette with your lightsaber.
    38. You don't think the Ewoks are primitive.
    39. You think an AT-AT looks like a giant cow.
    40. You don't think Jabba's pig guards have a hygiene problem.
    41. The Rancor monster refused to eat you.

:D

21. RidingMyCarousel

RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master star 6

Feb 20, 2002
    [face_laugh]
    These are pure genious :D

More...? :D

22. UniversalDestiny

Oct 25, 2001
    Alrighty then you asked for them you got them.

More Signs that you are Seriously Obssessed with Star Wars.

89. When North Carolina has a Hurricane/NorEaster etc. You know you are on Kamino.

90. When it rains, you always look for Slave 1 and Jango.

91. You've driven 30miles to buy Star Wars toys.

92. You've bought $100 worth of Star Wars stuff in 1 day. (Umm Guilty Guilty Guilty! :D )

93. When writing about a religion in class, you make Star Wars notes to make your point.

94. You've mastered Star Wars Paper Art.

95. You've made your own Fan Film.

96. Your Star Wras Collection is the cleanest part of your room.

97. Back in your childhood, you couldn't sleep without a Yoda Nightlight.

98. You have the Star Wars E-Bay auctions bookmarked in your browser.

99. You've added on to Star Wars Trivial Pursuit with Prequel Questions.

100. You have a specific day on which you go shopping for Star Wars stuff. (Mine is Monday after School)

101. In high school, you were officially named the Jedi Knight of the Class.

102. You've built your own Star Wars Dioramas.

More to Come

23. UniversalDestiny

Oct 25, 2001
    103. You have resorted to ordering Star Wars stuff on the Internet.

104. Wal-Mart despises you because you buy up all of their Star Wars stuff.

105. You are planning to drive a great distance to see Episode II IMAX.

106. You keep other family members out from your collecting room because your Star Wars collection is your own personal space.

107. You are planning on throwing a Star Wars party this Halloween.

108. You have vacuumed saved your Vintage Figures so that way no one can touch them.

109. You watch your favorite Star Wars collectable like a hawk.

110. You've set up Security Camera's in your Star Wars room to protect your collection.

111. When pulled over by a police officer, you tell them that "They don't need to see your identification."

112. You watch a Star Wars movie every night before you go to bed.

113. You have snuck out of your house just to buy Star Wars collectables.

114. You have spent over $1000 on Lightsaber Replicas.

115. You have taken a sword class just so that way you can duel properly.

24. UniversalDestiny

Oct 25, 2001
    116. E-bay has become your new best friend.

25. Lynora

Lynora Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 15, 2001
    You have to blind fold your husband when you go to a Wal Mart !!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.