main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Signs you are getting old

Discussion in 'Community' started by beezel26, Jan 13, 2015.

1. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    So I visited the old games store the other day. I decided to get a two Atari games as keepsakes. One for myself and one for a work colleague. I had Krull and I gave him missile command. The rookie of our group who just turned 21 asked what the cartridge was. He had no idea what Atari was. God did I feel old.
    T
    What are the signs you are getting old?

2. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I know what an Atari 2600 is. But I hate to inform you that it still came out nearly 10 years before I was born.

3. FamousAmos

FamousAmos VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 9, 2003
    I know what an Atari is but I probably wouldn't recognize it if you showed me a picture.

4. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    I would assume, beezel, that starting threads you know nobody will care about and you won't post in again constitutes getting old.

5. LostOnHoth

LostOnHoth Chosen One star 5

Feb 15, 2000
    Baldness, grey hair, wrinkles, grapefruit in the morning, prunes in the afternoon, falling asleep mid sentence, aches, bad hip, sore ankles, forgetfulness, intolerance of young people, hatred of contemporary music, general canker blossom-ness - those are all signs of getting old.

Debo likes this.
  6. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Actually, the only reliable metric of whether or not someone is getting old is their susceptibility to randomly falling into the bee dimension, where all is bees and bees are all. That's why every year several old people go missing.

hudzu, harpua and Ender Sai like this.
  7. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    It looks like 1977.

8. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
  9. FamousAmos

FamousAmos VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 9, 2003

lol, that it does :p

10. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    On the topic of video games and kids these days...

I was talking to my sis-in-law and we were reminiscing about Intellivision, NES, Sega Genesis, and our favorite games, while listening to Smooth McGroove's acapella arrangements. My niece came over to see what we were watching, which was a video of Smooth's Chemical Plant Zone arrangement, and it included gameplay.

She took one look and was like, "how could anyone play that game?! It looks so hard!"

I was going to argue that point, as I didn't think Sonic 2 was "hard." But, then I recalled overhearing my nephew complaining about a game he was playing on his tablet...

"When you die, you get sent back to the beginning?! That's not fair! Why do they have to make this game so hard?!"

Kids these days. They don't know what "hard" is. </fogey>

11. Obi-Zahn Kenobi

Obi-Zahn Kenobi Force Ghost star 7

Aug 23, 1999
    Shortened telomeres.

12. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Posting on a message board with people at least ten years younger than you are who are complaining that they are getting "old."

13. beezel26

May 11, 2003
    Being referred to as sir or maam.

Oh and a Yugo. Mentioned one to a new sales guy fresh out of college and he didn't know what it was.

A girl I went to school with who had a kid in high school, well that kid is now in Afghanistan and has been for a few years. I graduated 95

14. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    You went to school with Caitlan's mom?

15. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    My mom drove a Yugo. When she first got it, my brother came running into the house saying, "you go see Mommy's Yugo!"

16. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I remember someone suggesting a Yugo to a friend when I was in high school.

The response was "Yugo to hell."

17. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    The two people I share a working area with have no idea what pogs are.

Sarge and jedinightwing like this.
  18. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002

i was like "wood paneling?" *click* "wood paneling."

Darth Guy likes this.
  19. beezel26

May 11, 2003
    You can remember the words to the Facts of life

20. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Man I lived through pogs and I have no idea what pogs are. "Here's some circles with pictures of stuff on them. You hit them with a bigger circle. The referee then throws the flag and the clowns come out of the VW bug. Everyone has to dance the waltz or a bonus round begins - the bonus round can only be interrupted if someone correctly remembers who won the Masters in 1972. The game ends when the umpire declares a total shazzbot and then you watch a Tony Hawk video."

21. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I had some pretty sick Michael Jordan (#45 uniform) pogs that came with a slammer. I think I traded them for a pizza lunchable when I hit my hacky sack phase.

22. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    My brother and I still have our Pogs somewhere. Our slammers, too. We had some pretty decent ones. My best slammer was a heavy metal disc with a Knuckles sticker on it that I got at a carnival. It rivaled the bullet slammers we'd get at the store (we had a store that sold nothing but Pogs and Pog accessories). Best slammer ever.

Our old Pog mat saw new life as a mouse pad for a while after the Pog craze died down.

23. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    Seeing kids and their crazy fashion and being like whaaaat.

24. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001

Do they know ALF?

jp-30 and TrakNar like this.
  25. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    being confused by all the new fangled gadgets and gizmos.

Gamiel likes this.