SIJO

Discussion in 'Paducah, KY' started by thesilverspyder, Mar 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Dajuan Admin: FanForce and Games

Administrator
    star 6
    Mirax is really busy at work and asked for a little help here. A couple of things:

1) There is nothing wrong with inviting someone from a neighboring FF to a meeting. That's what FanForce is all about, meeting other fans. If you guys are close enough to actually interact on a semi regular basis, consider yourselves lucky. I would love to have active chapters close enough to visit often. It isn't considered "stealing members" to invite others to events/meetings, especially if there are friendships involved.

2) Stop the gay bashing/calling people gay/calling people "out" etc. That's against the TOS on several levels and is very unfriendly besides. I am going to edit those comments out, and please don't make them again in the future as it will result in a ban.

3) Any and all cross chapter harassment needs to stop now, for both sides. Harassment can result in a very lengthy ban, as can unfounded accusations of harassment. This applies to unwanted phone calls, email/texts/IM/PM; lying about other members and spreading false stories. If your two chapters absolutely cannot get along then stay off each others forums and politely ignore each other at events. Ideally though we would like to see you guys work out your differences and get along.

4) Stop all of the name calling. I am going to edit out those comments as well.

This applies to every one in both chapters. If anyone has any questions or comments feel free to drop me or Mirax a PM at any time. If you have a problem with other members of the forum please let us know and we will do out best to deal with it.
  2. TK8050 Jedi Padawan

Why?yes?you can....

And?why?yes?I do?..[face_mischief]

Okay, apparently some of us/costumed members are not totally over being used at the Shoes that Fit event?or with regard to the rumors....Ok, that?s something Rodan?s gonna have to consider and understand the hostility behind?.

Removed quote that was removed in other post

3. lil_trooper Jedi Knight

star 1
    i leave for 30 mins to go get some McD's and come back to find more action in the time that i missed than the WHOLE DAY! . . . this always happens to me. lol
  4. MasterCpatch Jedi Padawan

Same here buddy, I leave to do some homework and I get back and half the comments are gone lol
  5. MasterCpatch Jedi Padawan

btw this is Dennis, Josh's friend
  6. lil_trooper Jedi Knight

star 1
    you know what's funny, i went to the lil bio pg to try and figure out who you were. lol have we met?
  7. TK8050 Jedi Padawan

What the crap...I don't know who anyone on here is....lil trooper, identify yourself.....*please*
  8. MasterCpatch Jedi Padawan

O that bio needs to be updated... but no i dont think I know you, I dont think I know many of you, maybe like 2 or 3
  9. lil_trooper Jedi Knight

star 1
    LMAO, come on, you don't remember me? TT i'm Chris's really short friend from college, we met last spring in the Hart Dorm. . .spencer ( i was the lil one), do you remember me now?
  10. MasterCpatch Jedi Padawan

nope, i didnt like chris lol, i though he was a, well, i dont need my comments to be removed so, ya... But he does seem alot cooler now, but no im sorry, dont remember plus ive slept since then
  11. MasterCpatch Jedi Padawan

12. lil_trooper Jedi Knight

star 1
    sry, my last post was toward TK 8050, lol
  13. MasterCpatch Jedi Padawan

o ok sorry, wel im in class lol. tty guys later
  14. TK8050 Jedi Padawan

Well hello there lil trooper! Of course I remember you! Nice to have you back. Now lets get started on that BikerScout armor!
  15. lil_trooper Jedi Knight

star 1
    i'm getting there, lol. i'm actually in the process of acquiring one of the 25 Deluxe Don Post TB helemts *coldchills* hehe
  16. LordINVAR Jedi Knight

star 2
    The ADMIRAL hath spoken. A very classy lady, and not one to provoke, plus the advice is excellent.

Some people simply do not want to do that, despite what they say, given their actions. A huge shame IMO.

Egos, hurt feelings, and anger over both real and perceived wrongs if stoked or left to fester breed nothing but seeds of ruin. I know this group embraces the Dark Side because our costumes are cooler looking - but the reality of encouraging a feud with other fans is not going to serve anyone and hurt a lot of people we would rather entertain and enjoy.

It royally sucks to have to walk on eggshells at an event when the love of Star Wars and Costuming with fellow fans is ruined because of hurt and angry feelings over things that should have been gotten over and buried awhile ago. Regardless of however the SIJO group got started, it is in itself not a bad thing since an hour or more to travel to make it to Paducah events for those folks living in Carbondale made sense for a local fanforce to get started. I'm glad to see that most here have no problem with the fact that SIJO exists, and should exist. I also understand that bad feelings about specific people may never be overcome, but for crying out loud - continuing a feud in public or behind the backs of others who have had no direct involvement with what started the unpleasantness is unfair to members who had no clue what went on in the past.

I think it's great that I felt welcome and felt no reservations from anyone this past weekend. It was a lot of fun and I'm glad you were willing to share the opportunity. I also think it's great that you are all willing to invite and share events and meetings with others from other fanforces. We experienced terrific hospitality with the 70th Explorers Garrison last year in Cape - and it brought to mind that is how it should be for every Fanforce. We're all fans, we love Star Wars and to see the amount of joy you all bring to everyone's faces when trooping and appearing at events puts all of you into a higher bracket of responsibility. The community looks up to you. Allowing others to fester a feud and to create an atmosphere of uncomfortableness is felt by your admirers and especially others not part of the group who see the fallout from the kind of crap that happens when warring parties decide to play tit-for-tat (and no Lardo - we're not talking about the Playboy Bunny's boob in your face). It's not fair to feel that talking with a PIMP member at an event is going to earn the wrath of another fanforce because they have issues they refuse to get over.

As much as I wish some folks would let old feuds drop - let the hate go and to move on with serving the fans and the public - it almost seems an impossible task. All Star Wars groups have talents and abilities, some lesser and some better. Talent and experience with the membership pool may enhance or limit a group's abilities. Yours is blessed with many talents and people with time to share them. Other groups are not as fortunate due to all kinds of circumstances. But we should be of the mindset that we are all of us, first and foremost fans - with a lot of individual talents to offer, and as such - no one needs to get on a high horse about who is better, who is lame and who simply needs to "go away". Sowing discord and hurt feelings between people, between clubs is horrible, and hurts more than just those directly involved. I can let go of past offenses and hurts but unfortunately - others apparently cannot, and that creates a very, very tense and uncomfortable environment. Why in the world someone would come into a forum where they know they are not well regarded to flick some noses and then go and complain is beyond my capacity - to quote Threepio, but it takes all kinds of people to make a planet I guess.
  17. BubaFatt Jedi Knight

star 1
    I know this needs to go away, but due to work I just came into this discussion so I feel the need to voice my opinion so here goes.

I would first like to state that this weekend was quite possibly the coolest of my life, which should be no secret to anyone who knows me. From movies with the totally awesome Peter Mayhew to karaoke with playmates, I have wonderful memories that will last me a lifetime. Unfortunately for you, Yuri, it seems as though you were unable to take anything positive from this weekend due to hostility over events that should be long forgotten. Seriously man, Peter freakin' Mayhew was in your backyard, and all you could worry about was why we were on stage and you weren't. I really feel sorry for you. What was it you could have accomplished by being on stage that you couldn't accomplish from where you were? We had a good reason to be on stage due to us needing to be near our platform, which Tim thought was a nice centerpeice to the con, not that we or Tim have to explain ourselves to you.

If you would pust all the effort you put into being negative toward our group into making your own fanforce better, you would have quite the impressive group. Yuri, we have only met a few times, and I'm not even sure if you recognize me when I see you, but either way you just ignore me which is probably for the best. Just please stop attacking our members and the group as a whole, or you know who I am for sure because I am not afraid to discuss this face to face. By the way, if you would make your own fan film, you wouldn't have to conveniently place yourself in ours.

That's all I'm going to say on the subject, and I hope everything I said was in accordance with the rules of this board. If not, I'm truly sorry. Thank you, and goodnight.

P.S.-The names not Lardo, It's Roundo.

18. LordINVAR Jedi Knight

star 2
    Oops - my bad. Sorry.

When writing the script with Sithmonger it went from AFRO Calriseeinisbelievin to AFRO MISBEHAVIN, so apparently it went from that to Roundo during the running changes made to the scenes you were shooting and I was going from a faint recollection of your character being referred to on Saturday. I figured it was a parody somewhere of Lando but it figures I would get it wrong.
  19. thesilverspyder Jedi Knight

star 1
    wow. you leave for one day, and come back to this???

I like how from the time Yuri posted on this topic, this thread no longer had ANYTHING to do with it's original subject.
  20. thesilverspyder Jedi Knight

star 1
    I decided to post this against my better judgment. My intent is not to continue this dispute. But Yuri PM'd this to me...

"You shouldn't feel bad. This isn't about you or Dennis. You seem pretty cool. I don't have a problem. My problem is with everyone calling me Gay. That was before your time. And I'm sorry"

MY REPLY::

"I put this off for a day or so because I wasn't sure I wanted to say it. First of all, if it's not about me or Dennis, you should've started a new thread called "STOP CALLING ME GAY", but nobody called you gay. Matter of fact, nobody said anything about you until you posted on the thread. You brought it on yourself. Apparently whatever happened before my time really pissed some people off, and they're not over it yet. Especially you. You need to stop focusing on our club and start focusing on yours. May the force be with you."
  21. willismaximus Jedi Youngling

star 1
    "Hi, I'm a fire . . . perhaps you'd like to fan me?"

Nothing to say other than "in before lock."

Which this thread needs.
  22. Mavrik1989 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hey look I'm from SIJO and I just wanna say that this all needs to stop. The whole Yuri leaving you guys to make a fan force thing is getting old, and I don't see how it hurt anything for him to start one. High Schoolers like me really like having a closer fan force, and he gave that to us not you guys. So seriously just chill out, this is about fun and meeting other people not sticking in little packs and attacking the closest people.

All I'm sayin is that it seems retarded and childish
  23. TKYTROOPER Jedi Knight

star 2
    I assure you no one in our group has a problem with Yuri starting SIJO. However you obviously do not know the details about how we were used for him to start your club or that your President is the one continuing this endless bickering between the clubs. You want it to stop tell your President to stop the false acusations and to lead instead of backbiting and whining. I hope SIJO grows and expands its members. I think its great to have 2 clubs so close together and a shame we cant do stuff together without this happening. You ask yourself and your members really where you think the problem is.
  24. Nardo Jedi Knight

star 1
    So say we all!

Really. Let's talk about more important things... Like shoes and ships and sealing wax and cabbages and kings. And why the sea is boiling hot...and whether pigs have wings.

lol

or BSG...
  25. lil_trooper Jedi Knight

star 1
    more important things:

does anyone listen to the 501st podcast? it's great!

also the latest fanboy flick was amazing! loved the smoking yoda. remember all the smoke breaks we used(actually kime and i) used to take at murray PV? it was done just awesome! lt
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.