So NV Silent Hill Movie

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by GersonSith, Jan 24, 2006.

Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. GersonSith Jedi Master

star 4
    Trailer Here

I played the 3rd game and it was ok. Not as good a game as Resident Evil, but it was scarier. I assume next they'll make a Fatal Frame movie. I think they should do a movie based on the old PC game Sanitarium. That was pretty freaky. It's too bad movie makers are running out of ideas. Soon all new releases will be sequels of remakes of crap.
  2. DarthDarkstar Jedi Master

star 4
    I remember you playing that game, it was freaky. they've been talkinga bout a fatal frame movie for years. I enjoyed the Silent hill game, the movie looks decent enough.
  3. MoronDude Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Personally, I thought Silent Hill 3 was brilliant, and that movie trailer looked really good. Some of the shots from the trailer look almost exactly like scenes from the game, which is AWESOME. I'm excited.
  4. GersonSith Jedi Master

star 4
    Yes the movie looks just like the game and I will definitely go see it at some point. Actually I have 2 toddlers so I'll probably catch it on Netflix.
  5. Jankarakk FanForce CR Southern Nevada FF

Chapter Rep
    star 4
  6. Axia_Doneeta Jedi Knight

star 3
    I love the silent hill series myself, I cant wait for this movie, looks faithful to the game.
  7. Petra_Blakkwing Jedi Master

star 4
    What you are about to witness is a reenactment of Petra Blakkwing's first knowledge of a Silent Hill movie (after playing the game and saying over and over, "There should be a Silent Hill movie)

Petra sits in the Palms theater eagerly awaiting Underworld Evolution. New preview starts, mother and daughter...hmmm....some sort of car crash....weird fog/smoke....Petra thinks and says to her friend, "This is the music from Silent Hill." Petra sees a sign on the screen that says, "Toluca Lake"....Petra screams, "OH MY GOD IT IS SILENT HILL!!!" She does a happy dance in her seat and freaks out.....

I am soooooo excited....seriously....way.....
  8. GersonSith Jedi Master

star 4
    I saw a movie poster for this at the South Coast and it is totally creepy.
  9. MoronDude Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    We should have a Fan Force movie veiwing for some of these upcomming flicks. What do ya say?!?
  10. GersonSith Jedi Master

star 4
    We should open up a fan force movie theater then we can see whatever movies we want, whenever we want.
  11. MoronDude Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Do you want to put up the moeny for that, cuz, I'm game.
  12. DarthDarkstar Jedi Master

star 4
    this movie was so awesome, i watched it twice and was more creeped out the second time around.
  13. Jankarakk FanForce CR Southern Nevada FF

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    well i was disappointed with the movie...the preview made it look like it had some potential....but therre was no story and the ending was horrible.
  14. Jankarakk FanForce CR Southern Nevada FF

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    and in conclusion....if it wasn't for the fact that someone else bought my ticket...i would have asked for a refund.
  15. DarthDarkstar Jedi Master

star 4
    WHAT?! This movie was so good my friend and i went to it twice, and we want to go to it again. I thought it was a redeeming horror movie that fixed a lot of what was wrong with horror movies today, and it was the quntesential video game movie. I thought this movie was amazing, so well done with its creepy freak me out factor. and I hated the ending at first, but then I realized I loved it. In fact, the ending was what made my friend and i want to watch it again because we couldnt stop talking about it and trying to figure it out. We loved it and I cant wait til it comes out on video so i can instantly buy it and watch it again.
  16. Axia_Doneeta Jedi Knight

star 3
    I find that people either love or hate this movie, its kind of bizarre. I am a big fan of the videogame series and was very excited to see this movie when I saw the trailers becuase it looked so much like Silent Hill. I for one really enjoyed the movie. The plot was not as in depth as they are in the games but thats no surprise, however I still really liked the movie. I especially liked the effect of the darkness coming.
  17. GersonSith Jedi Master

star 4
    I liked the movie as well even though everyone I went to see it with hated it. I think they expected a scary movie, but I was expecting a Silent Hill movie. I had played one of the games and I thought the movie did it perfectly. There was some freaky stuff and it was fun to watch the different ways people died. That sounds a little sick.
  18. DarthDarkstar Jedi Master

star 4
    as sick as it sounds, I agree with you Gerson. My favorite, which was also the most surprsing, was from pyramid head on top of the steps... I think thats all I need to say, anyone that watched it should know what I'm talking about.
  19. MoronDude Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I've seen it twice now, too. It's awesome. It really captured the general eerieness and suspence of the game. I noticed the plot was a little on the light side, but that's just because the game is full of rich story, and it was hard to translate that to the movie. The effects were great, and it had a couple good scares. My favorite part was when Pyramid-Head ripped off Anna's skin! Woo-hoo!
  20. DarthDarkstar Jedi Master

star 4
    that was the scene i was refering to as well, but i was being vague as to not ruin the scene for anyone who has yet to see the movie
  21. MoronDude Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Oh, you mean the part where Pyramid Head rips off Anna's skin and chucks it at the church door? THAT scene?
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby