main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Silent Storm (JA) - On Hold Until July 10 -

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Kade, Jun 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi7

jedi7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    I'm with Qui, I can't wait for Obi to get out of Bacta so we can find out what really happened, is Anna force sensitive? just wondering :) 7

2. sheleigh

sheleigh Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2002
    Aww...poor Obi-Wan... hurt... again...

Begining to really like Anna's character, even if she is mislead... more soon? :D

3. KenobisGirl

KenobisGirl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    Nice post, Kade! Man, she really believes the stories she's heard about Jedi, doesn't she?

Poor Obi! [face_devil]

KenobisGirl :p

4. Kade

Kade Jedi Youngling

Jun 6, 2002
    The intensive care ward was gray and sterile, with little lighting and machines so closely packed together it would make a claustrophobic person go insane. The smell of blood and strong aniseptic mingled together to make even the strongest stomach churn. There was an eerie silence broken only the occasional beep of machinery and, sometimes, the shouts of healers as a patient went under, followed by the wails of parents, Masters, friends, siblings. Tear stained cheeks were commonplace.

Yet there was an upside to the ward as well. A healer crooning quietly talking to a young patient. Soft laughter between the padawans who were tending to those who weren't terminally ill. Tears of joy after being told a loved one would survive. The feeling of victory after bringing a patient back from the brink. A soft sigh of relief after being told that you were going to be back to normal in no time.

As Qui-Gon had saw it, your feelings toward the ward depended largely on who you were. If you were injured, it was your fight to rehgain health and life. If you were a healer you helped combat death itself. If you were a loved one all you could do was hope. It was the worst situation to be in, yet somehow it was the situation he was always in.

Obi-Wan had been in the tank for several hours. His color had already improved. He seemed to be breathing easier, and his chest was returning to a normal human color. The monitor also told him that his heart rate and body temperature were fast approaching normal. Yet he had a sinking feeling in his stomach every time his padawan was put into one that he couldn't shake until he could see and touch the boy for himself to make sure he was all right.

"The grass is always greener on the other side of the bacta," said a singsong female voice.

Qui-Gon smiled. Dana Kipneppir had been a good friend of his since his padawan days. Her huge smile, chubby cheeks, and quick wit had kept him laughing and cheered him up since his padawan days. And here she was still doing it after all these years.

She placed her hand on his shoulder. "Don't worry that pretty little beard of yours, my friend. He'll be all right."

He smiled. "Isn't the expression 'pretty little face'?"

"Well whoever said anything about you having a pretty face? It's getting mighty wrinkled in your old age, I must say."

"I'm only seven years older than you."

"That's an entire lifetime for a muskrat." she said, a teasing sparkle in her blue eyes. She checked the monitor on Obi-Wan's tank and scribbled notes down on a pad. "Oh, I remember you as a padawan. You were gorgeous. What happened? Half the female padawans in the order had a crush on you. But you were so shy and withdrawn. As I recall you never even kissed a girl. Well, there was that one time you tried but as I recall she screamed bloody Sith right as you got close to her. What was her name? Eva? Evu?"

"Evi. And the only reason she screamed is because you force lifted a rat onto her head."

Dana flashed him a huge smile. "A Jedi does not know fear," she said curtly.

They both laughed. "That's the Qui-Gon I want to see," she said, squeezing his shoulder. "How come the only time I ever see you is when I'm patching up that apprentice of your, hmm?"

He sighed. "The Council keeps us busy, and when we're not on missions I'm training Obi-Wan."

"And if your not training him your waiting to see if he'll make it. I understand. Padawans are a bundle of delight but also a bundle of work and heartache," she rolled her eyes and groaned exaduratedly. "My own Padawan, for example. He's broken more bottles of medicine then I'll ever admit to the Council. Every day I think of how nice it would be to send him to the Agri-Corps."

Qui-Gon just smiled. He knew she greatly enjoyed Shanz and loved him like a son. Like he did Obi-Wan.

"Well, good news, Qui. It's time for our little boy to come out of the bacta. Just let me wake him up."

Dana pressed a series of buttons on the tank and a small round metal piece came down and shot a small volt of electricity into the tank

5. sheleigh

Jan 31, 2002
    yay! Obi-Wan's feeling better! :D More soon?

6. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    very funny exchange between the two.

7. Nat

Nat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Yes! Obi's saved! I'm happy now. :) Well, he's saved... until next time, of course. Poor little trouble magnet! ;)

8. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Dana Force-lifted a rat onto Evi's head just as Qui-Gon was about to kiss Evi? Sounds a bit like she was jealous that Qui-Gon's lips weren't headed in her direction.

And what about Anna?

9. Kade

Kade Jedi Youngling

Jun 6, 2002
    "We're from the law firm of Brunker & Brunker. We're here to see Anisa Malenske regarding the case being brought against her by the Jedi Council."

"I'm afraid she's not in any condition to see you right now."

I jerk my eyes open. Had I heard right? Surely not, the Jedi wouldn't allow me the liberty of a fair trial... would they? I prop myself up on my elbow and examine the young man and woman who have entered my room. Lawyers!

"I'm fine," I say, putting strength I didn't feel into my voice. No way was I going to let them turn away my only chance that easily.

"No, you're not," says my young Jedi caretaker. I raise my chin and give him an icy look.

"I'm fine," I repeat. "Come in."

The two enter my room, breifcases in hand. My caretaker looks at me disgustedly, then turns away and walks out of the room. One of the lawyers locks the door. "We don't need any added interruptions."

I nod, and my head protests. I flinch, but the two don't seem to notice. They arrange files on a small table beside my bed. The woman smiles at me. "Anisa, or you prefer Anna, correct?"

"Yeah." How in the galaxy did she know that?

She takes a seat beside the table and drums her long red fingernails on it. She flashes me a smile. "I'm Karlota Brunker, attorney at law. This is my brother, Huun. Huun and I, along with our father, Tate Brunker, will be defending you."

My eyebrows raise, causing a bit of pain, but I hardly notice. Tate Brunker. The most widely sought after defense lawyer in the core planets. How in the world did I get lucky enough to get him?

The woman seemed to read my thoughts. "Our services out being paid for by a benefactor who has chosen to remain anonymous. He is as angry as you are at the injustice dealt to everyday beings who have had the guts to stand up to the Jedi."

How did she know I hated the Jedi?

"We are deeply, deeply sorry about your brother. Funeral services will be arranged for him as soon as possible," she said as she flipped her perfectly curled hair behind her shoulder. "But at the moment we have more pressing matters to tend to. Do you know what the charges being brought against you are?"

"Um.... Not for sure but I'm guessing attempted murder."

"Correct. You are being charged with the attempted murder of a Jedi Padawan and evading arrest."

The man that sat beside her made me nervous. He didn't say a word, just scribbled down notes.

"Miss Malenske," the woman said, leaning close to me and making me almost retreat to my pillow. "I need you to tell me everything that happened that day the very best you can remember." She leaned back into her chair and her hands settled into her lap. "Starting with your head wound. How did you come to be injured?"

"I'm not really all that sure. I came running out of the store right after that Jedi shot my brother, and the big Jedi was standing there. I remember trying to struggle, and the last thing I remember about that was his hand coming at me. The Jedi said I fell and his my head on a piece of metal."

The two lawyers exchanged glances. The man smiled and scribbled a few more things on his notepad.

"Anna, dear, we're going to record this conversation for evidence, allright?"

I almost nod, but quickly remembering my head I answer yes.

"Good. Now," Karlota said in a sugary sweet voice. "Tell us everything that happened leading up to the saddening events of that day."

"Me and Wasi were gonna go... uh... well, we were gonna go pickpocketing."

She nodded. "Of course. You had to get food somehow, didn't you? Continue."

I swallowed. She was being very pleasant, but she gave me the creeps. "I..uh.. I was by the fruit stand. Wasin was across the marketplace. I was headed away from the stand when I saw this guy, the Jedi, jump on Wasin. I knocked him off of my brother and we made a run for it. We went into this shop storage room to hide and he followed us in there. I hid behind a crate in the back of the room and as soon as I heard the door open the shooting began."

"Do you know who took the first shot?"

10. Rogue_JediKnight

Rogue_JediKnight Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 19, 2002
    ACK! I'm crying foul here :_|. I still say Obi didn't do it!
    And who is the mysterious benefactor? Any certain Sith Lords we know?? [face_mischief]

I loved the banter between Dana and Qui-Gon - great job.

On a side note - One would think that Qui-Gon would have been halfway through his healer training by now ;) - Poor Obi.

Keep up the great work Kade!

Rogue

11. Nat

Nat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    :eek: :eek: It's... :eek: It's even worse than I thought! Nooo!! Obi-Wan! This attorney gives me the creeps too... :( I hate it when people get manipulated like Anna and Obi...

12. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Hmm, I'm not sure I like where this story is headed, but it's well-written, anyway.

13. TheFallen

TheFallen Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    I agree with a quote of - :eek:

POST SOON, MY FRIEND!

14. shanobi

shanobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 11, 2001
    Oh my, my! :eek:

Obi-Wan! Murder! I don't think so!

I can't wait to hear what actually happened in those seconds before Wasin was killed.

Lawyers! Can't trust em as far as you can throw em :mad:

Keep up the good work. Can't wait to see how you handle things. :)

15. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    Lawyers! Can't trust em as far as you can throw em

Hey Shan I resemble that remark ;)

16. sheleigh

Jan 31, 2002
    erase anything I said about Anna... what a horrible girl...

Obi-Wan accused of murder? [face_shocked]

Don't keep us hanging too long!

17. jedi7

Jan 8, 2002
    Obi jump back in that Bacta tank, before the law firm of Bungle, Bungle & Bungle get you. 7

18. draigon_myth

draigon_myth Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2002
    Oh, wow! I finally decide to de-lurk myself, and you hit us with that? Our precious Padawan, murder? Not possible! I'm definitely eager to see how this unfolds...

19. Kade

Kade Jedi Youngling

Jun 6, 2002
    The sheets were soft. His stomach was filled with delicious food. He was having a rare dinner with his best friend. He was healthy. Well, not healthy yet but almost there.

Obi-Wan Kenobi had enjoyed his evening laughing with Bant. It had been lighthearted and fun, and best of all, Dana had said that he could return to his quarters tonight. He'd still be bedridden, but at least he'd be in his own bed.

"More Geeshi?" Bant asked him.

"No way. I'm too full."

"Obi-Wan Kenobi," she scolded. "You're not eating enough to keep a womprat alive! I've seen you eat before, and I know you can eat more than this!"

He smiled. "Not now, Bant." She glared at him, and he laughed. A piece of Geeshi came flying in his direction. He ducked and laughed harder.

"It's not funny. You need your strength back."

"Thank you, Master," he teased, drawing more Geeshi. "But I think I've had all the food I can handle tonight." He finished gently. A sigh escaped her lips.

"I'm just trying to help. You scared the Sith out of me. Again."

"I'm sorry." He said, his eyes serious. "Really, Bant. I am."

"Would you stop being so nice!"

His eyes twinkled. She glared at him again. "If you laugh I'll dump the whole container on your head."

"Come on, Bant. Aren't we a little old for such things."

"You have no room to talk! It was just last month you got two hours extra meditation for-"

A knock at the door interrupted her. Bant opened it and two armed guards stood there. "We're looking for Jedi Padawan Obi-Wan Kenobi. We were told he is in this room."

"Come in."

They entered, but didn't shut the door. "Which one of you is Obi-Wan Kenobi?"

"I am," the padawan said softly.

"Padawan Kenobi, I'm afraid you'll have to come with us."

Bant grabbed his hand. Obi-Wan squeezed it, trying to reassure her. "May I ask why?"

"You have been charged with the murder of Wasin Malenske."

The hair on the back of his neck stood straight up. Bant's grip on his hand tightened. and they exchanged a worried glance. His heart started to pound in his chest, making it hard to breath. Murder? How could he be charged with murder? He wasn't even quite sure what had gone on in that storage room, but he hadn't killed the kid on purpose. He had used his lightsaber as self defense, he had deflected all shots away from the him in order to keep blood shed from happening. It had been an accident. He didn't even know he had shot him until the boy had screamed. This was all horribly wrong.

"You're going to have to come with us," the guard repeated.

"Wait just a minute," Bant said. "Can't you see he's still sick? He is not ready to be moved from here, and certainly not into any jail!" Her voice was laced with anger.

The guard held up a piece of paper. "This is signed by Healer Dana Kipnepper and it releases him from the healer's care today."

"With the strict orders of bed rest once he gets to his own quarters!" Bant said, her voice rising.

"I see nothing on here about that. If you want to use that excuse you'll have to fill out the paperwork and submit it to the courts. But for now he's coming with us," the guard stated firmly. He nodded at the other one, who took out a pair of electro binders.

"Now wait just a minute," Bant said gruffly, stepping inbetween the guard and her friend.

"Ma'am, either move or I'll be forced to arrest you as well."

"Bant, please do what they ask." His eyes pleaded with her to do what he asked.

She complied, but tears sprang up in her eyes. "They can't do this," she said, her voice breaking.

Obi-Wan took both of her hands in his. "Can I have a minute to say goodbye to my friend?"

The guards looked at each other and nodded. "We'll give you one minute. We'll be right outside the door, so don't try anything."

After they left, Obi-Wan turned to Bant, who had her face buried in her hands. He removed them and saw tears streaming down her cheeks. He brushed them away. "I'm going to be fine," he reasured her. "Trust me."

"Do you know what the penalty is for a Jedi who is convic

20. Nat

Nat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Oooh, Obi, don't be so overconfident or you'll be really disappointed!

Their use of Yoda's grammar at the end was a nice reference to the JA series. ;)

I'm looking forward to another post soon!

21. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    I've got a bad feelling about this...

Just when I thought the girl was going to change her mind about jedi, maybe she still will?

22. sheleigh

Jan 31, 2002
    Ohh... I'm with Jodiwent on this one... I've got a bad feeling about this!

Murder? Obi-Wan can't commit murder...

More soon! :D

23. jedi7

Jan 8, 2002
    Uh oh, I must say I have the same "bad" feeling, things don't look good. :( 7

24. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    ditto bad feeling

25. menilma

menilma Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 25, 2001
    Kade! fantastic story here, I must say. because I feel for both anna and Obi-Wan. how this will work out so neither if them get hurt I don't know :( I hope there will be an update soon :D !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.