main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Silhouetted by Light - An Obi-Wan Short Story - [UPDATED June 27th]

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by KrystalBlaze, Aug 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Princess_Arulmozhi

Princess_Arulmozhi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    Yayyyyy! It's back again! Yayyyy!!!

I'm so glad. And that there are a few more posts. :D

Ah, so now Obi-Wan's been training with nawu plants. But it must be so painful, falling all over the place like that. Fainting isn't always the best excercise. [face_worried] But all that anger and pain is... disturbing. And Terrell's certainly a ...resourceful teacher. :)

And Antoya again. Obi-Wan's already having second thougts about everything to do with her.

Bravo. I love this story! More soon, pwease. :D

2. KrystalBlaze

KrystalBlaze Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    Thank you, P_A for the kind words. :)

And mark-up codes are from hell. :mad:
    ----

"It's called Sol's Diner," Evan said as they pulled up to the small, window lined building. Inside, the place glowed gold and warm. "It's really very good, and has a dish of ruaw fish that's to kill for."

"I wouldn't say that," Terrell said as he unlocked the doors and got out. "But it's pretty good. The touaw meat, on the other hand, is to die for."

"That's because you don't like fish," Evan said with a roll of his eyes. "Which is something I don't understand. Every islander should love fish."

Terrell's eyes got dark quickly. "Yeah, Evan, all but me."

Obi-Wan regarded Terrell's darkened eyes seriously, and then said to Evan, "There's not much fish on Coruscant. We've got meat, though."

"Hey, hey, all I'm saying is that the fish is great!" Evan said as they entered the cafe. "And it's delicious." He scanned the crowd. "Antoya isn't here yet. So we'll just take a table." He got four menu's and walked into a corner and sat down.

Terrell and Obi-Wan stood by the host's booth. The host came up and pleasantly asked their number.

"Four," Terrell told him. "But our friend already got the menu's and table." He sighed and walked over. Obi-Wan followed.

"I know, before you say anything, I should have waited," Evan said as they sat, his eyes already actively scanning the menu. "But I'm starving."

"We have to wait for Antoya," Terrell told him.

"No we don't!"

"Yes, we do."

"No need," Obi-Wan interrupted, his eyes locked on the windows. "She's here."

Obi-Wan had purposely sat with his back facing the entrance so his gaze could be on the windows and she wouldn't see him when she came in. He watched her get out of her groundcar and walk quickly up to the entrance. He heard her approaching. Evan was waving, and when Obi-Wan turned, she was still walking towards them with a bright smile on her face.

It vanished when she saw him, and her steps slowed. Her bright gaze dimmed, and her eyes suddenly grew hard. He watched her shoulders straighten and she marched towards them with a purpose.

"Good evening, Antoya, you look lovely this evening," Terrell said in a loud voice, standing to take out her chair for her. Her eyes narrowed at him as she sat.

"Thank you, Terrell," she said coldly, and turned to Evan. "Hi." She looked at Obi-Wan. "Good evening, Padawan Kenobi."

The blow hurt. "Good evening, Antoya."

"Darling," Terrell said. "Antoya. How are you? It's been so long since I've seen you."

"I know," Antoya said, picking up menu. "Why weren't you at the ball?"

Terrell winced. "Prior engagement, you understand."

"It was a nice ball," Evan said. "The dancing and all." He shot a lucid glance at Obi-Wan.

"I hear you dance well, Obi-Wan," Terrell said. "With the Jedi footwork and all."

"I know!" Evan said. "I mean, that lightsword and all."

"And that obstacle course you were telling me about," Terrell continued.

"And that masked monster you had to fight."

"What with the pirates you've had to destroy."

"And those thieves you had to dismantle yourself."

"With those robbers you had to correct."

"And those murderers you had to deliever."

"With those guards you had to disarm."

"And those idiot children who wanted your autograph."

"With the female crowd that follows you everywhere."

"And the men, too."

"A good man," Terrell finished, taking his wine glass and rising it to Antoya. "A good fighter. And he's a Sea Dancer, too."

Obi-Wan stared at the two of them, unsure of what to say. He blinked, then looked at Antoya, who was also staring wordlessly at the two of them.

"How old are you, Antoya?" Terrell asked. "I've forgotten." He looked around impatiently for the waiter.

"Twenty-four," she answered after a beat of silence.

"And you, Evan?" he asked.

"Twenty-two," he said, signaling the waiter.

"I'm thirty-six," Terrell said with a pout. He sighed. "And you, Obi-Wan?"

"Twenty," Obi-Wan answer

3. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    Cool story can you PM me when you Update![face_love]

4. Princess_Arulmozhi

Princess_Arulmozhi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    I can't beleive I didn't review this. :eek:

I love the dynamics between the four - and the hide-and-seek you're playing, revealing a little bit about past histories. And that women don't do Terrell 'any good, any more.'

Poor Antoya. Though I'm feeling bugged at how she treats Obi-Wan. Tell me that they're not going to get together.

Loving Obi's Sea-Dancing adventures.

More soon? [face_batting]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.