main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SiliCon anyone???

Discussion in 'Archive: Santa Cruz, CA' started by ID-2132, Oct 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ID-2132

ID-2132 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 3, 2005
    I'm not sure if I'll get there, if I do, it will be on Saturday...provided Obi-Juan is up to driving, since we've both been coughing our heads off for about a month. Just when I think I've got the flu licked, it comes back.
    Oh, their website is:
    http://www.siliconventions.com/

And it's at the San Jose Doubletree, where Baycon WAS held.

2. DarkLordSid

DarkLordSid Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    Honestly, probably not going.

Lots of other things going on, and well, no offense to Silicon, but what they are offering is like Baycon extremely light. At least Baycon has some star power, I'll save my money (not that I've got lots to spend, homeowning is a tough thing) and hit the haunts.

The fact that they seem to think "Free Parking" is a perk there ought to tell you something.

3. ID-2132

Apr 3, 2005
    Hey, Captain Power was a star. :)

4. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    LOL

Well, we WERE planning on going...room reserved and everything. But, (a) I got hit with a seminar I was supposed to go to..(yuck) and now (b) nasty virus-thingy that doctor has decided needs to be treated by staying at home and in bed for a few days. (The good thing is that it also got me out of the above mentioned seminar!!!)

But, NOT happy that we are going to have to miss everyone. :( The Good Captain was looking forward to a "Pirate-y" weekend!! [face_skull]

Miss all of you!!!!!

5. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    Aww..feel better Master K!
    I've been too frelling busy to go to cons. The Central Cal Garrison as well as falconry are keeping me on my stealthy, little toes.

6. Kai_Vandekar

Kai_Vandekar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    Oh crap. Bedrest, eh? That SUCKS SUCKS SUCKS. On the other hand, getting a chance to take it easy is probably a good idea where you're concerned, Master-K. Burning the candle at both ends, much? *HUG*

If I go to Silicon, it'll be Saturday for a bit. But as MANY of my con-friends aren't going, most of my incentive to go doesn't exist. Silicon is one I go to in order to see people I really like, and don't often hang out with. You all here included. But since most of you aren't going and a lot of OTHER friends aren't going...I'll likely hang out on the weekend and waste time playing Galaxies.

- Kai :)

7. ID-2132

Apr 3, 2005
    Yikes, I just got over a really bad cold, and had a cough that stayed...for way too long.

8. ID-2132

Apr 3, 2005
    ObiJuan drove down, and we had Lady Saiyian, and Soletta drive down with us. I subjected them to Weird Al.

At SiliCon I worked the Klingon bar,but I was only there Saturday. I got to see a lot of friends, including Radar, Jeff and Dr Noe.

9. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    Glad you got to see some people AND get a chance to work the Klingon Bar....

*Next year...next year...next year!!!* Wave hi to everyone from us.[:D]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.