main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Silicon Valley

Discussion in 'Community' started by Rogue_Ten, Apr 6, 2014.

1. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Nah, The Americans is. This is up there, though.

Personally I'm buying into the theory that Richard intentionally let the papers fall into Tobolowsky's hands like that thing in the episode title.

2. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    Word. I love this show so much.

3. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Holy ****, this show keeps delivering. GTFO Toblowsky.

4. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    no way he won't be back. no satisfying closure, so i guarantee you we haven't seen the last of him

5. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    THIS. GUY. ****S!

6. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    So I binged watch Silicon Valley over the Memorial Day weekend, and I must say that I love this show. However, my wife did not as we leave in the Silicon Valley and have run ins with the archetypes within the show all the time and she kind of feels this show is too on the nose. My wife, "I run into these types of people all the time. I don't need a show to point out how ridiculous this stuff is."

I run into people featured in the show every day as I work for a tech company and previously a law firm that litigates IP, and I can attest that engineers/coders don't think much about the legal or business aspects of tech, just the project. The stuff about the all the venture capitalists on Sandhill Road was pretty accurate, as I remember one of my former law firms put an office in that location just to be visible and close to the action in the early 2000s.

Anyway, I love the characters. I guess my favorite is the sarcastic straight man, Gifoyle. Talk about a dude that likes to dream crush.

7. a star war

a star war Force Ghost star 5

May 4, 2016
    It's not lost! I know exactly where it is.

8. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Tiki head! Kind of symbolic of Big head.

9. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
  10. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    The Rise of Dinesh... and the Fall of Toblowsky

11. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    "Hards-On". Ep 2 was one of the best episodes in recent memory. Dinesh. Gilfoyle. OMG.

12. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
  13. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    TJ Miller, this is your mother. You are not my son.

a star war likes this.
  14. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I've been watched the most recent season over the weekend and it does make sense on how Erlich Bachman was written off the show (at least for now). He was such a great character and I hope Miller returns before the series ends. I blame Jian Yang.

It was another get season, but some what recycling themes of previous seasons. The "Patent Troll" is probably my favorite episode of the season as it's near and dear to my heart.

15. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    I'm tired of the plot going nowhere, worshiping the status quo and heavily employing deus ex machinas. They never really succeed and never really fail. Also, remember when Big Head was a fairly intelligent guy who was just a mediocre programmer? Now he has "password" as his username. And that was a weird way to write out Erlich unless the writers were taken off-guard by Miller's departure.

darthcaedus1138 likes this.
  16. a star war

a star war Force Ghost star 5

May 4, 2016
    Yeah this season coasted. Interesting developments could have been made, but everything returned to normal in the end like a sitcom from the 80s.

17. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    I didn't recognise the actor who played Keenan in the last season. Holy crap.

[​IMG]

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  18. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I really enjoyed this last episode, especially the interactions with Gilfoyle.

19. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Watched the series finale last night and it certainly had the feels of the final Seinfeld episode in that it wasn't very satisfying.

Going into the final episode, I was wondering what they would do with the TJ Miller character. Not really surprise with the direction they took.