Beyond Silly drabble #28- It's a Guy Thing - Jag, Zekk, Han

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by LexiLupin, Jul 2, 2011.

Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. pinkpearl89 Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

My love of Jaina is currently conflicting with my love of Jag, as I don't know whose side to take, lol. But that was definitely hilarious and Jaina definitely has a cruel side :eek:

Somehow, with Kyp or Zekk, I would have thought it was just hilarious. For some reason, I actually feel kinda bad for Jag in this predicament. Maybe because he'd be the most thoroughly embarrassed by someone finding him without his boxers...

Can't wait for more Lexi!
  2. LexiLupin Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Hazel- bad Jaina indeed! [face_devil]

Jade_eyes- personally, I think you're right, but silly Jaina... she's lost total sight of good priorities in light of the prospect for revenge... ;)

SITH_MAYO- added! Glad you're enjoying! :D

Book_Geek- your comment made me giggle, and I think you'll see why when you get to the end of this post... [face_mischief]

pinkpearl89- I totally agree with the Jaina vs Jag assessment... perhaps they'll er... make up... when all is said and done... [face_batting]

Revenge- part III
    (SW #4 ctd)
    Zekk would be the first to admit that he wasn’t as aware, as alert as was befitting a newly-knighted Jedi. But there was a certain amount of distraction that had entered his thoughts since a drunk- tipsy at best- Jaina more or less propositioned him in the middle of the celebration get-together three hours earlier.

He wasn’t entirely sure why he’d agreed to go to her room- he knew he would have to turn her down, even if she did still claim to, er… want him. But she was still his best friend, awkwardness of unreciprocated feelings aside, and he wanted to talk with her- sober- rather than just leave her wondering why he hadn’t shown.

And so, with a distracted determination, he palmed open the unlocked door of her quarters and stepped quietly inside; the room was lit but empty, and he frowned, before he recognized the sound of running water in the refresher. Chuckling softly to himself, he meandered about the room, wondering if she hadn’t chosen to shower right then as a bit of gentle payback for yesterday, just to get him going.

Or perhaps to entice him enough that he couldn’t refuse her? That thought was equally intriguing and disturbing, and he pursed his lips, hoping desperately that Jaina didn’t feel that she had to try to trick him into betraying his convictions.

He was facing the wall and still brooding over that thought when he heard the refresher door open. Opening his mouth to confront her directly, he spun- and spluttered for a good ten seconds before he could form words.

“I- wha- I… sweet Force, put on some clothes, Janson!”

The older pilot scowled at him. “Jaina didn’t say she had some boy coming over tonight…”

Zekk faced determinedly in any other direction while Wes Janson drew on his robe. “What are you doing, showering in Jaina’s quarters?” he demanded.

Janson cocked his head slightly in confusion. “Mine’s broken, she said I could… said that she had other business to attend between twenty-two forty-five and twenty-three fifteen… definitely didn’t mention anything about a date…” he winked at the Jedi, who just stared dumbly. “Anyway,” he shrugged, “guess I’ll get out of your hair, but I wouldn’t expect her back for another ten or fifteen minutes or so, it’s only twenty-three hundred now…”

X---X---X---X

Kyp Durron strode into the conference room, a few minutes early for the meeting of the squadron leaders… which was good because the first thing he saw, upon entering the room, was Jaina Solo’s moderately distressed face.

He frowned and came around the table, leaning across the head of the volunteer Taanab Yellow Aces squadron, Wes Janson, to speak to Jaina. “Everything okay, Goddess?”

She bit her lip. “It’s Jag; he’s usually here by now, and I can’t raise him on his comlink. I’m starting to get worried…”

“Want me to go see if he’s in his billet? Maybe the poster-boy for protocol and procedure overslept.”

She hesitated. “Would you, Kyp? I’d do it myself, but Commander Janson here wanted to go over something with me before the briefing…”

“Sure; I’ll be right back.”

As they watched him leave, Janson glanced sidelong at the smugly smirking Jedi Knight at his side. “Remind me never to get on your bad side,” he muttered.

to be continued...
    Last edited by LexiLupin, Oct 9, 2012
  3. pinkpearl89 Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    It may be because I can be incredibly obtuse, but I can't quite figure out how she's getting back at Kyp here. Honestly he doesn't seem the type to be embarrassed by the situation she's about to put him in. Maybe I'm just reading him wrong...[face_thinking]

Now, as for Zekk - he totally deserved that for helping pull a prank on a friend when he didn't even know why she was getting pranked in the first place [face_shame_on_you] For some reason I have no pity for his predicament :p

Can't wait for parts IV and V!
  4. Hazel Force Ghost

star 4
    Jaina brought Janson into it? He is the master of pranks, so this should end in hilarity and/or embarrassment. Although I'm not sure for whom.

More, please! :D
  5. Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Jaina's revenge is a lot of fun, but so far it looks that Kyp and Zekk will be mad, but Jag will be furious.
  6. LexiLupin Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    pinkpearl89- I'm a little offended... there are still 2 parts left, who says Jaina's revenge is complete?! O:)

Hazel- More like 'blackmailed' Janson into it. ;)

Chimpo_the_Sith- maybe... but then again, perhaps Jaina will, er... make it up to Jag... specially. :D

Revenge- part IV
    (SW #4 ctd)
    He was just rounding the corner to Jag’s room when fast footsteps were approaching in the opposite direction; he looked up and quirked a brow upon seeing an anxious Zekk coming towards him. “You alright?” Kyp asked wryly.

The younger Jedi gulped. “I think Jag and I are in trouble.”

“Oh?”

“It… it was horrible, Kyp. Jaina’s got a mean streak for vengeance…”

Kyp stopped walking abruptly. “What?” he asked carefully.

Zekk glanced once in each direction, pausing at the door of Jag’s billet. “Jag convinced me to play some stupid prank on Jaina the other day, and let me just say, vengeance is swift and awful.” He shuddered at some memory he didn’t care to share. “So I’m hoping to catch Jag before she gets a hold of him, too…”

Kyp turned stoically to stare at the closed door. It looked so… innocent, so innocuous; but now, at Zekk’s words…

But then again, he had volunteered to check on Jag, Jaina hadn’t asked it of him. Surely she wasn’t that crafty…

Talking distractedly as he pressed his hand to the door and felt for the locking mechanism, he asked, “So, what was Jaina’s revenge for you then?”

Another shudder. “Wes Janson… naked.”

The door slid open. “Wait,” Kyp spun. “What? Janson? But I just saw…”

The sound of a throat clearing made him spin- and his eyes widened in shock.

“A little help here?” a very naked Jag Fel asked with only a slight tinge of impatience, as he lay with his hands fastened to the bed.

He couldn’t help it; even as Zekk raised a hand and released the binders, he slid to the floor laughing. Wiping tears of mirth from his eyes, he just shook his head and chuckled as Jag disappeared into the refresher to hastily dress himself in his usual crisp uniform. When he reemerged though, he turned dark eyes on Kyp.

“I wouldn’t get too cozy there, Durron- it’s you she’s after next.”

X---X---X---X

He could feel her eyes on him before he even realized she was there. Sitting at a table in the officer’s lounge with fellow Masters Corran Horn and Kyle Katarn, a sudden tingle ran up his spine, and he eyed a dark corner of the room… and promptly went a bit pale.

To an outside observer, she was any other normal patron, sipping lightly at a fizzing beverage… but Kyp knew better. There was a sly mischief in her eyes, and a cool calculation as she watched him… and he knew one thing with absolute certainty.

Nowhere was safe.

X---X---X---X

The most surprising thing was that she made no effort to hide her presence- which, naturally, made him wholly more suspicious than if she’d been sneaking around. Nevertheless, he knew he couldn’t avoid her forever and so, steeling himself, he entered the room calm and collected, willing himself not to give away any sign of weakness.

“Jaina,” he acknowledged her with a slight nod and a quirked brow. “What can I do for you?”

She looked honestly anxious- he wasn’t fooled for a moment. “Kyp… I’m tired of this.”

He frowned. “This?”

This,” she gestured impatiently between them. “We’ve both had our fun at the other’s expense; I think it’s time to call a truce.”

“A truce,” he repeated slowly. “After all that effort to get at Jag and Zekk, and you want a truce with me?”

She shrugged. “I’m out of ideas, and you’re harder to get at. Jag’s at a disadvantage, being Force-blind, and Zekk didn’t really know what he had gotten himself into,” she stared pointedly at him, and he flushed. “But I’m done if you are. No more pranks are to be initiated after I leave this room- that’s my proposal.”

He stared. “Why don’t I believe you?”

A sweet smile crossed her lips. “Because you wouldn’t believe you, if our positions were reversed?”

“Touché.”

“Come on,” she said with a tinge of impatience. “You’d know if I were insincere about this.”

It was a fair point, he admitted reluctantly. “Fine,” he held out his hand. “From the moment you step out this door, no more.” She nodded gravely, and he held out a hand. “Deal.”

They shook quickly, and he released her hand instantly. The relief was evident on her face, and she went to hug him… he held up his hands and backed away. “You won’t be offended if I urge you to be on your way as soon as is humanly possible?”

She shrugged. “Guess not.”

And she was gone.

Truce.

to be concluded...
  7. pinkpearl89 Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    First again! Woot woot 8-}

So, I totally don't believe Jaina. But, if she leaves and then he gets the prank pulled on him, then she broke the truce and he can get back at her. Although, she did say no more pranks were to be initiated after she left the room, and clearly she has already started something...

Hmm [face_thinking], very intriguing indeed
  8. Book-Geek Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Loved Kyp being panicky! Jaina's getting some sweet revenge!
  9. Hazel Force Ghost

star 4
    More like 'blackmailed' Janson into it. wink

Oh yeah, I had forgotten about the mentioned 'incident over Borleias'. :oops:

Truce? o_O

?But I?m done if you are. No more pranks are to be initiated after I leave this room- that?s my proposal.?

I'm very suspicious at Jaina's choice of phrasing.

10. LexiLupin Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Ah, the revenge finale... [face_devil]

Revenge- part V
    (SW #4 ctd)

Fighter pilots did not giggle. It wasn’t in their nature, it simply wasn’t done. And yet, across the room, a young woman and a female bothan were peering discreetly at a datapad and… giggling. Kyp scowled and, apparently sensing his critical gaze, they looked up, caught his eye… and proceeded to giggle harder.

With a sigh, he turned back to count heads of his own squadron, leaving the giggling females to their own devices- he was pretty sure they were with the Yellow Aces anyway, so he supposed that giggles in Janson’s crew didn’t particularly surprise him.

And yet… sure enough, he caught another pair on the other side of the room casting him furtive looks… and giggling. And these particular females were in Jaina’s Twin Suns crew. Scowling, he stalked over to them.

“Is there a problem.”

“No, Master Durron,” they struggled to keep a straight face.

He quirked a brow. “Indeed? Care to share what you- and every other female pilot, apparently- find so funny?”

The quiet one attempted to discreetly slide the datapad into her flightsuit pocket- he snagged it from her hand with the Force and floated it over to him. “Thanks,” he smiled sarcastically and glanced down at the screen- and almost dropped it in shock.

It was him.

In the shower.

For a good half-minute, he stared dumbly at the holo-recording… before a sensation of dark and wry amusement caught his attention, and he whirled around to see that Jaina was standing in the doorway, arms crossed over her chest, smirking lightly at him.

“You… devious little minx… you lying little…”

Frowning, she held up a hand. “That’s a serious accusation, Master Durron.”

“We had a deal.”

She smiled again. “Yes, we did. From the moment I left your quarters, no pranks were initiated. If you check the time that this recording relay was established, I think you’ll find that it was well before I left your quarters.”

Scowling, he did; she was right. Apparently she’d planted some small recording device in there some ten minutes before he’d returned to find her there. Opening his mouth to give an obligatory retort, however, he was cut off by a quiet sound of a throat clearing.

“Excuse me.” Every eye in the room turned… to face General Wedge Antilles. “Do we have a problem here, Master Durron, Jedi Solo?”

“No, sir,” they responded in unison- which only heightened his suspicions.

“Indeed.” He held out a hand for the datapad, and eyed Kyp sternly when he didn’t immediately hand it over. Cringing, aware that every eye in the room was on him, he did so, mind running through all the possible scenarios of what sort of punishment Wedge might inflict on him and Jaina.

A quizzical look came to Wedge’s face as he watched the looped recording. The atmosphere was thick and tense, and Kyp could sense Jaina’s nervousness seeping through her calm exterior. Then, Wedge frowned and held the datapad up close to his ear, much to the bemusement of everyone present.

Finally, with a serious look on his face, he passed it back to Kyp, who quickly returned it to its original owner. “Durron,” Wedge said gravely…

“… I didn’t know you could sing.”
  11. LexiLupin Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    And here we have a BONUS POST(!) because, really... who wants to end with something so mean as revenge... tehe.

#8- Penitent
    (Shower Wars #5)

With a wary sigh, he leaned against the wall and crossed his arms over his bare chest, a cool set to his eyes, despite the mildly amused quirk of his lips.

“Well, well,” he murmured.

She looked up at him with large, apologetic eyes. “Hi, Jag.”

“Care to explain?”

She shrugged- as best she was able. “I feel bad for everything, and I thought you might like a little… revenge… of your own.” Demonstratively, she shook her wrists and jingled the cuffs that secured her arms to the head of the bed.

“I don’t want revenge. Besides,” he eyed her wryly, “you could slip out of those as easily as you got yourself in them.”

“True,” she conceded softly, “but I wouldn’t do that and deny you your… sweet vengeance.”

Well… the idea certainly had merit, he had to admit. “And just what sort of… vengeance… did you envision for yourself?”

“Why don’t you come over here and see,” she whispered.

It certainly couldn’t hurt. He walked slowly to the bed, half-expecting her to spring some other scheme on him… but she remained still and silent, albeit watchful under anticipatory eyes. Sitting gently on the edge of the bed, he brought a hand to her cheek and traced it down the side of her neck, skimming along her shoulders and grasping the edge of the blanket that covered her from neck to toe.

She bit her lip as he lifted it slowly and peered down at her body. A brow quirked upwards.

“The idea has merit,” he conceded.
  12. dm1 Force Ghost

star 4
    Oh...my...so creative! I'm left speechless. Those guys never stood a chance, did they?

I wonder what Han thinks of his little girl?
  13. haleyskywalker2 Jedi Master

star 1
    I honestly don't think I have laughed so much in my life.

Poor Kyp, Who knew he could sing especially in the shower [face_laugh]

Wow, Didn't see that coming at the end.

Great little story! :D
  14. Hazel Force Ghost

star 4
    Excellent story! =D=

I'm imagining Kyp singing in the shower. [face_laugh]

Loved Wedge in it.

And it seems that revenge is sweet after all.
  15. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 7
    Lexi! [face_laugh] [face_laugh] !!!!!!!!!!!

Your Jaina is fun!

I waited until all parts were up, because I couldn't wait to get to the finale. Kyp sings in the shower, - sounds like Josh Groban too I'll bet :* =P~ !!!!!!

And the bonus post - squee! :)

Thanks for that particular pairing as an end-note. :D

[:D]

16. SITH_MAYO Jedi Master

star 4
    ?Durron,? Wedge said gravely ?? I didn?t know you could sing.?

Haha![face_laugh] Love Jaina's cruel mind. So good!

The ending was perfect! ;)

Really liked this!

Thanks for the PMs.

S_M

17. CelseteAntola TF.N Books Staff

VIP
    star 3
    [face_laugh]=D=

These were absolutely brilliant, Lexi!

I laughed so hard!

~Celeste
  18. pinkpearl89 Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    I apologize for thinking that Kyp would not be embarrassed enough, Lexi, you definitely got him too [face_laugh]

?Durron,? Wedge said gravely?

?? I didn?t know you could sing.?

Definitely the icing on the cake, lol, and I think Wes would have been proud of Wedge for that reaction to the situation. Although I'm inclined to think that naughty Jaina was simply boosting morale for the female soldiers, and Kyp can't really argue with that motive, can he [face_batting]?

And the bonus post was interesting [face_thinking]. The little Jag in my head finished that scene off by giving Jaina one incredible kiss and then just leaving her there to wonder what the hell happened =P~[face_laugh]:p

Great mini set, can't wait for your next update!
  19. Book-Geek Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Haha! That'll teach Kyp to not pull pranks on Jaina!
  20. Iverna Force Ghost

star 4
    Wow, they sure are a creative lot! *lol* I know I'm late to the party, but this was hilarious. Loved the boys' pranks on Jaina, and Jaina's revenge was suitably far-reaching and complex as well. And Kyp singing in the shower.. haha!

Loved the "epilogue" as well. I feel a bit sorry for Zekk and Kyp though, they don't get anything to make up for it. Then again, I'm sure we could get some volunteers to comfort them... [face_mischief]
  21. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 7
    Oooh, iverna -- I'll comfort Kyp any day of the week :D !!!!!

[face_mischief]

22. LexiLupin Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    I'm going to guess that Han would be pretty well shocked and appalled. Then again, he'd probably kill (or at least remove vital organs) of the guys who keep trying to get a glimpse of Jaina after she showers, so... yeah. ;)

[face_laugh] Good thing Wedge is observant and all... and I wouldn't mind knowing that Kyp could sing in the shower... [face_whistling]

For Jag- yes. For Zekk- DEFINITELY not. For Kyp- well, I imagine that holorecording will give him the potential for some sweet endings to Jaina's revenge, once all the female pilots have watched it and drooled appropriately... =P~

I confess, I had out little PM conversation in mind when I sat down to write it, though I HAD always anticipated a Jaina/Jag finale, for canon's sake if nothing else... :D Oh... and (don't hit me) who is Josh Groban?

Thanks! And I think some people are more or less appreciative of Jaina's cruelty at this point... hahahaha...

Thanks! [face_blush] Glad to give you a good laugh!

I'm glad you have the right perspective here! Jaina's just doing her part for team-building and all... O:) And poor Jag... I think he recognizes that, if he DOES leave Jaina bound to the bed, she can just escape... so as long as she's there willingly, why not... take advantage of the situation... [face_mischief]

It better have, I don't know if I have any more pranking creativity left in me... [face_laugh]

That's the spirit! (And Jade_Eyes, you better watch it... we might have to duke it out for Kyp-comforting rights... :p )

Thanks to everyone for reading, and glad you all enjoyed!

Not sure what's up next... the 'shower wars' took a lot out of me, so I'll have to wait for my funny/creative muse to strike again... so until next time...

Much love, [face_love]

*~Lexi~* :*
  23. LexiLupin Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    A/N: Okay, so inspiration struck sooner than I expected. Warning though- this is set in an ongoing AU series of mine... by all means, you should still read it, even if you aren't familiar with said series, but I'll just include a quick explanatory note:
    This is set around 42 ABY; Jaina and Jag are married, but Jaina and Kyp have a 15-year-old daughter named Leyla (and Ben is about 16).

#9- Code Red

“Target acquired, Jag… heading your way.”

“Copy.”

Kyp Durron faded into the shadows near an exotic plant he couldn’t be bothered to identify, in the midst of a mission as he was. The two figures around whom the mission centered were strolling side-by-side- suspiciously close together- amidst the assorted plant species, heading generally towards Jag’s concealed position.

“Blast,” Kyp muttered into the comlink, “I’m losing my visual; hold steady, I’m going to flank.”

He started to move… but there was no acknowledging response. “Jag?” he whispered. “Jag?”

Trying not to panic and assume the worst, he stretched out marginally in the Force, and felt a familiar presence- but not one he was hoping to sense. “Shavit,” he grimaced. He didn’t have to assume the worst; it was a fact.

“Jag, if you’re still there, we have a code red, I repeat, a code red, abort, abort!”

A hand seized on his arm and yanked him from the shadow of the plant- a Felucian pitcher plant, he now noted with an inexplicable and sudden interest, given his probable impending death. The interest faded quickly, however, when the hand seized his ear and dragged him down a corridor to where a nervous Jagged Fel had already been captured.

“I told you,” their captor hissed. “I told you to leave her alone!”

“Darling…” Jag tried to appease her, but she whirled around.

“Don’t you ‘darling’ me, Jagged Fel! I told you specifically that you were to be nowhere near Leyla’s date tonight! Now- whose idea was it?”

Jag and Kyp glanced quickly between one another, a look of solidarity in the face of doom, a pact of silence to the very end.

“Jaina, I’ve got another one.”

Or perhaps silence was futile.

Mara Jade Skywalker was dragging the mastermind of the scheme towards them, and another glance between the two men communicated something else entirely- it was time to cut their losses.

They pointed and spoke simultaneously. “It was Ben’s idea.”

Sometimes, sacrifice was necessary for the ultimate survival of the rest of the team.

Ben scowled at Jag and Kyp. Jaina and Mara scowled even harder at Ben.

“Ben,” his mother spoke slowly and dangerously, “why are you spying on your cousin’s date?”

He stared at the ground and muttered, “Someone has to watch out for her.”

“Ben, she’s fifteen years old,” Jaina pointed out.

“Well, Battek is almost seventeen,” he grumbled. “And he’s a twi’lek.”

Mara frowned. “What does that have to do with anything?” Ben said nothing, but shot another betrayed look at the two men who were now trying entirely too hard to look innocent. “Ben, she’s a Jedi, what’s going to happen?” Silence. “We’re in the temple, what could possibly go wrong?”

That question was at least answered by the approaching couple in question, who had been taking a leisurely nighttime stroll around the Garden Level of the temple. Now though, Leyla looked red and livid, and Battek just appeared mildly perplexed.

“Mom,” Leyla ground out. “What is going on?”

“What don’t you ask them,” Jaina pointed generally between Kyp, Jag, and Ben, who all flushed immediately and looked down at the ground. “And you three- I want you all to apologize to Leyla right now.”

Jag scowled at his wife but took a half-step forward. “Leyla, I’m sorry for trying to spy on you and Battek.” He glanced around quickly before hurriedly asking, “And do you at least have that holdout blaster I gave you for emergencies?”

Jaina cuffed him upside the head. Ben stepped up to his cousin and friend and grumbled his own apology. “Sorry, guys.”

They didn’t look convinced.

“Kyp?” Jaina asked sweetly. “Are you going to apologize to your daughter?”

He took a grudging half-step forward and sighed. “Leyla, I am very sorry for simply being a concerned father and trying to watch out for you.” Jaina glared at him pointedly. “Fine,” he snarled, before softening his tone slightly. “Leyla, Battek… you’re both mature and responsible young adults, and I sincerely apologize for- Battek, you keep those lekku where I can see them!”
  24. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 7
    Fun update, Lexi! [face_laugh] [face_mischief]

'Course, if Leyla comes home preggers one day, Jaina and mara will be the first ones to blast Kyp and Jag "Why didn't you keep a better eye on your daughter?" :p :( Poor guys, can't win for losing [face_laugh]

[:D]

!!!!

25. Hazel Force Ghost

star 4
    So funny! [face_laugh]

I can so see Jag and Kyp behaving like that, and Ben being the mastermind was icing on the cake.

Great job, Lexi =D=

PS - Loved that Mara is alive. :D
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade