Beyond Silly drabble #28- It's a Guy Thing - Jag, Zekk, Han

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by LexiLupin, Jul 2, 2011.

Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Book-Geek Jedi Master

star 3
  2. earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost

star 6
  3. pinkpearl89 Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    I wonder if Han's more relieved that Jaina's not pregnant or that it's not Zekk's :confused:
  4. haleyskywalker2 Jedi Master

star 1
    Oh, Dear force I'm glad Han didn't kill poor Zekk.

5. LoriLynn Jedi Master

star 1
    Loved it! The interaction between Jaina and Zekk was almost as good as Han's reaction! Almost...=D=
  6. LoriLynn Jedi Master

star 1
    discreetly easing his blaster back into its holster
    haha very nice!! =D=

I must say that I absolutely love all of your little drabbles. Especially the ones involving Han and Leia
  7. Chilla Force Ghost

star 4
    Awesome drabbels! =D=
    I enjoyed every single one of them. If you write more, can you send me a PM, please?

I admit I'm relieved Jaina's not pregnant. I don't like J/Z.... [face_blush]

You're great at tricking us. But by now I'm always expecting a twist in your story. Still, I can't tell in which direction the twist will go......

They are hilarious. =D= I hope the muse will strike again soon.
  8. SITH_MAYO Jedi Master

star 4
    Never Again: Very sweet post. You write Han and Leia so well.:)

HoloNetNews: Bless Soontir.. :) I like how his wife lays on the questions first.. making sure both of them realize something important has changed between 2 couples who originally hated one another.. ironic! (But that's partly why I love those ships..;))

Names: ?Thank the Force,?[face_laugh] Indeed!:p Too funny!

Sorry I was a little late replying.. Good posts! And thanks for the PMs, please keep 'em coming..[face_peace]

S_M
  9. dm1 Force Ghost

star 4
    Ooh, Zekk is so lucky Han has curbed his "shoot first, ask questions later" attitude! I could just see this misunderstanding.[face_blush] Oops!
  10. LexiLupin Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    And it was a close one! [face_laugh]

Good thing Han's a little slower with his blaster in his old age... ;)

[face_laugh] Indeed!

Book_Geek and Earlybird-obi-wan- glad you both enjoyed!

[face_laugh] A fair point- a bit of both, but perhaps a bit of the latter too... :p

Han would have felt really bad about it if he HAD, once he realized the truth... LOL

Thanks! [face_blush] I'm really branching out with this next one...

Well, fortunately these don't really follow a continuous plot, so even if she HAD been... LOL
    And added!

It is what makes them so fun. :D Nothing like a nice healthy hate to make you love each other... [face_laugh]

LOL indeed! What a way to go... utter misunderstanding...

A/N: this one isn't so silly, per say. More... cute, I like to think.
    And this is set in NJO just before the battle of Ithor

#13- Family Ties
    “Wedge, I really think you’re worrying about this a bit too much.”

Wedge Antilles shot a sidelong glare at Tycho Celchu as they awaited the arrival of the Chiss Phalanx squadrons. “Spike Lead is cocky and arrogant.”

“You don’t know that.”

“I can see it in his sim flying.”

Tycho just shook his head and shrugged. “You know, they are Chiss; Thrawn’s people. If anyone has a right to be cocky and arrogant, I suppose it’s the colonel leading such a force.”

“He doesn’t get to be arrogant until he can shoot both of us down.”

“He has shot both of us down. And you don’t even know that it’s a he. The Chiss don’t have the same biases as the Empire, the Chiss colonel could very well be a female. A nice, blue, female… human?”

Wedge turned in surprise in the direction Tycho was looking. Sure enough, a young man was at the head of the formation that was emerging through the blast doors. A young, stoic, serious man with an upright stride and stiff posture that made him look… well… cocky and arrogant. He stopped five paces shy of Wedge and Tycho and came to sharp attention.

“Force Spike, Household Phalanx of the Empire of the Hand, Colonel Jagged Fel commanding.”

Tycho closed his mouth with an audible clack and shot a look at a blank-eyed Wedge who was just staring at the figure before him quizzically.

And then he started laughing. Fel’s brow furrowed in consternation and perhaps a bit of offense as Wedge gasped for breath and tried to form words. The Chiss standing behind him were too disciplined to react, but Tycho could see a tightening around their red eyes and in the set of their jaws.

“I’m sorry,” Wedge gasped, “I’m sorry, really…” he held out his hand and, with a bit of reluctance, the colonel shook it firmly but quickly, and Wedge wiped tears of mirth from his eyes.

Fel spoke in stilted tones. “If you are taken aback by my species, let me assure you, General…?”

“Antilles. Wedge Antilles.”

A brief pause greeted this pronouncement as Fel forgot whatever he’d been about to say. “Oh.”

Wedge laughed delightedly one more time before seizing the stiff young man into a bear hug. This time, Tycho noted a subtle shifting among the pilots as they clearly contemplated the mental capacity of the New Republic general making a scene before them. After a moment though, Fel relaxed in the embrace, and a slight smile threatened the corners of his mouth as they separated again.

His frowning second-in-command leaned over to murmur in his ear. “Colonel, do you know this man?”

The ghost of a smirk crossed his face. “Not in the slightest, Shawnkyr- but I am named after his father.

“It’s an honor to meet you, Uncle.”
    Last edited by LexiLupin, Oct 9, 2012
  11. Hazel Force Ghost

star 4
    [face_laugh] =D=

Another awesome scene!

This time, Tycho noted a subtle shifting among the pilots as they clearly contemplated pilots as they clearly contemplated the mental capacity of the New Republic general making a scene before them.

I can totally see this play out in my head.
  12. Iverna Force Ghost

star 4
    Whoops, I missed one. [face_blush] Would you mind PMing me, if you're doing PMs for this?

Jaina and Zekk thinking of names, for that... that was brilliant. [face_laugh] Zekk could be an Eli. It'd be silly as hell, but hey, at least it'd all be his own fault. *lol* Poor Han nearly had a heart attack. The blaster was a nice touch. And Zekk probably didn't even realise what fate he narrowly avoided!

And I loved the meeting between Wedge and Jag. "He doesn't get to be arrogant until he can shoot both of us down", indeed! Wedge's reaction to Jag's name was spot-on, too. A lovely little moment and you portrayed it really well.
  13. dm1 Force Ghost

star 4
    Some way to meet your family, huh? I could just visualize the puzzlement there over the whole situation: the human leading the Chiss contingent, then finding out exactly who that human was. Wedge's reaction to the name Jagged Fel was over the top (in a good way) until Jagged realized who he was introducing himself to. What fun!

And still, Jagged maintains that stiff upper lip and formality.
  14. LoriLynn Jedi Master

star 1
    Hahaha probably the only time that Jagged Fel has ever been rendered speechless....sort of o_O
  15. pinkpearl89 Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    A nice, blue, female? human?

Hahaha, too good. I can actually see Tycho's expression as he says it

His frowning second-in-command leaned over to murmur in his ear. ?Colonel, do you know this man??

The ghost of a smirk crossed his face. ?Not in the slightest, Shawnkyr- but I am named after his father.

This struck me as perfect Jag and Shawnkyr -- overtly formal, with an undertone of familiarity

Also, the main emotion of the post -- Jag and Wedge meeting! Hilarious that he was basically describing Soontir Fel, and in the process did an excellent job of describing his son instead [face_laugh] Their realizations were priceless :p

Update soon!
  16. earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost

star 6
    Nice hilarious update with Antilles meeting Fell
  17. LexiLupin Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Hazel- thanks! :D

Iverna- added to the PM list! Glad you enjoyed those last two! ;)

dm1- some way to meet your family indeed! I wish they'd included the actual initial meeting in the book, lol

LoriLynn - I can think of some other ways to render Jag speechless... O:)

pinkpearl89 - This struck me as perfect Jag and Shawnkyr -- overtly formal, with an undertone of familiarity
    - yeah, it's all in the subtle undertones with the Chiss (and with Jag, lol)

earlybird-obi-wan - glad you're enjoying!

A/N: Because it's on the first page, posting an updated PM list here:

PM list

pinkpearl89
    jade_eyes
    haleyskywalker2
    dm1
    sith_mayo
    chilla
    Iverna

If anyone wants on or off, let me know! [face_alien_1]

#14- Death Threats
    “The Chaf Envoy.”

“The Yavin jungle.”

She paused, the countered with, “Nirauan.”

“First or second time?”

“Second; definitely second.”

He grinned his agreement. Before he could consider his own rebuttal though, a pair of dark-haired blurs in the shapes of their twin niece and nephew came dashing through the room, giggling. “Hey, guys,” he smiled easily at Jacen and Jaina, “your parents should be back soon.”

“Okay,” Jacen shrugged, the paused. “What happened on Nirauan?”

A beat passed during which Mara and Luke shot furtive glances at each other that were all too noticeable by the twins. “Nothing,” Mara finally asserted.

Nothing?” Jaina narrowed her eyes at her aunt and uncle. “Nothing happened twice?”

Luke couldn’t stop the abashed grin, but Mara recovered quickly. “Okay, fine- we were just remembering all the times I’ve told your uncle that I’m going to kill him- trying to remember which one was the most… convincing.”

A brief look of consternation flitted across Jacen’s face. “Won’t that take all day?”

The snort of laughter couldn’t be contained that time. Jaina stared, unimpressed. “Adults are weird,” she muttered. “Come on, Jacen.”

They dashed off again and Mara fell against Luke, shoulders shaking from the effort to keep her laughter under control. “Think they bought it?”

“Not in the slightest,” he assured her, and then straightened up with a new thought. “I’ve got it- the Chiss Redoubt.”

She relented with a nod and a grin, and relaxed contentedly against her husband. He was right.

The Chiss Redoubt was definitely the most exotic place she’d ever… er… threatened to kill him.
    Last edited by LexiLupin, Oct 9, 2012
  18. earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost

star 6
    the twins[face_laugh] always for fun with their questions and remarks. And Luke and Mara trying to come up with

?Not in the slightest,? he assured her, and then straightened up with a new thought. ?I?ve got it- the Chiss Redoubt.?

She relented with a nod and a grin, and relaxed contentedly against her husband. He was right.

The Chiss Redoubt was definitely the most exotic place she?d ever? er? threatened to kill him.

Will they buy that?[face_thinking]

Funny update
  19. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 6
    [face_dancing] Lexi! SQUEE!

Great way to start my real early day

Hugs!!

20. Hazel Force Ghost

star 4

The Chiss Redoubt was definitely the most exotic place she?d ever? er? threatened to kill him.

[face_laugh] Yeah! I can see that!

Fun viggie :D
  21. Book-Geek Jedi Master

star 3
    ROFL!!! [face_laugh] No, I don't think Jaina and Jacen bought that at all.
  22. Briannakin Grand Moff Darth Fanfic Manager

Manager
    star 5
    Family ties was awesome.

'Death threats'? Is that what the kids are calling it these days :p. Very funny.
  23. Iverna Force Ghost

star 4
    Oh wow, loved it. Nice recovery on Mara's part, but I don't think the twins bought it. They'll probably look back on this conversation in a few years and go "ohhhhh right..." *lol* Very nice and sweet moment, though! It made me grin.
  24. ginchy Force Ghost

star 4
    [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_mischief][face_laugh]

Very cute! I loved it!
  25. LoriLynn Jedi Master

star 1
    These crazy kids just keep changing the lingo LOL

Very cute chapter Lexi. Keep these coming!
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade