Beyond Silly drabble #28- It's a Guy Thing - Jag, Zekk, Han

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by LexiLupin, Jul 2, 2011.

Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Book-Geek Jedi Master

star 3
    Oh Kyp... getting old.... loosing his touch.....[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]
  2. SITH_MAYO Jedi Master

star 4
    Haha! [face_laugh] Malfunctioning lightsabers huh??? Too many jokes in one there! Brill! :p
    Thanks for PM. :)
    S_M
  3. Hazel Force Ghost

star 4
    Tee-hee!

My mind is going places now. :p
  4. earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost

star 6
    Love naughty Jedi and their malfunctioning lightsabers[face_mischief]
  5. LexiLupin Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    A/N: This technically should be in The Saga, so I hope you'll forgive me for keeping my silly pieces together here... it's almost Beyond the Saga... ;)

#20- Left Unsaid
    “I’m sure Luke wasn’t on that thing when it blew.”

“He wasn’t… I can feel it.”

He hesitated and swallowed thickly, but had to ask. “You love him… don’t you?”

Her eyes lost that faraway look and she smiled bewilderedly at him. “Well… yes.”

“Alright.” He steeled himself. “I understand. Fine. When he comes back,” the words pained him as they emerged, “I won’t get in the way.”

Leia’s expression changed to one of sudden understanding, and she shook her head. “No, it’s not like that at all.” Tentative hope flared in his chest. She leaned close and murmured, “He’s my brother.”

Wait- what? Figuratively speaking? Literally speaking? Is that possible? Oh, I hope it isn’t literal, she kissed him once on Hoth, and he definitely enjoyed it… oh who cares, she’s going to kiss me now…

She kissed him softly but passionately, and his eyes widened. They pulled away and smiled at one another over the misunderstanding, and Han abandoned all pretense and seized her once more, ignoring the intruding, celebrating ewok. This was their moment, at last, after all these years. ..

Leia released him and put her lips to his ear. “Oh- and our father is Darth Va-” the rest of her sentence was drowned out by Wicket’s running commentary of the most important moment of Han Solo’s colorful and exciting life.

What?”

“What?” she asked blandly, “I didn’t say anything.”
    Last edited by LexiLupin, Oct 9, 2012
  6. PonyTricks Force Ghost

star 4
    Ooooooh... Leia's a sneaky one, isn't she? [face_laugh]
  7. earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost

star 6
    Love Leia in this Darth Va...
  8. Hazel Force Ghost

star 4
    Somethings are best left unsaid. They would spoil the moment.
  9. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 6
    Sweet expansion of a great scene Lexi. =D= :D
  10. LoriLynn Jedi Master

star 1
    Well he can't say she never told him. [face_whistling]

How about some baby/mushy/family drabbles? P-p-please!![face_praying] Yes, I know. I'm shameless!
  11. SITH_MAYO Jedi Master

star 4
    You described that ending in Return of the Jedi sooooooo brilliantly! =D= I envy you! It was perfect.:)
    And the ending.. the way Leia told him her parentage.. haha! Too funny! And for Han it was probably too soon hehe!o_O
    Nice update! Thanks for the PM!
    S_M
  12. nostalgia Jedi Master

star 2
    Just started reading! I love what you're doing here! You display a lot of skill with a broad diversity of characters and character relationships. I'm especially enjoying what you've done with Allana and her relationship with Han/Leia/Jaina.
  13. Book-Geek Jedi Master

star 3
    SQUEEE!!!! H/L FLUFF!!!!

And Leia playing innocent, not telling Han who her father was.[face_laugh] Poor guy. At least he knows he'll get the whole story out of Luke. Boy, that's gotta be a brother-to-brother awkward conversation...
  14. dm1 Force Ghost

star 4
    Saved by the bell! Or was it Wicket?

Anyway, nicely done, and I don't care where you put it. Han and Leia are always welcome anywhere, any time!
  15. pinkpearl89 Jedi Master

star 2
    So, I actually went back and watched the scene after I read this -- and I could actually see this thought process play out in Han's head =D=

Also, the last couple lines were hilarious :D
  16. LexiLupin Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    A/N: I have been woefully neglecting my silly drabbles while engaged in bigger projects. :( Hopefully this'll be a fun one to break the two month hiatus.

Regarding #20-

PonyTricks- Ooooooh... Leia's a sneaky one, isn't she?
    Very much so- then again, I think she'll need to hone her fine skills of subterfuge if she's going to be with Han...

earlybird-obi-wan - Love Leia in this Darth Va...
    :D I really just feel like that scene was missing that key element to it... ;)

Hazel - Somethings are best left unsaid. They would spoil the moment.
    I guess... *pout* But they CAN make for good comedy for the rest of us! *grin*

Jade_eyes- Sweet expansion of a great scene Lexi.
    Thank you! Glad you enjoyed! [:D]

LoriLynn - How about some baby/mushy/family drabbles? P-p-please!! praying Yes, I know. I'm shameless!
    Yes, you are shameless:p - you'll have to let me know how this one works for you.

SITH_MAYO- You described that ending in Return of the Jedi sooooooo brilliantly! I envy you! It was perfect.
    Thank you! I confess, I was sitting there with the scene up on Youtube, watching it, writing a bit, going back, watching more, writing more... [face_laugh]

nostalgia - Just started reading! I love what you're doing here! You display a lot of skill with a broad diversity of characters and character relationships.
    Thanks! That's actually what I really had in mind when I decided to expand the thread beyond the first silly piece- a place for a collection of fun but (mostly) unrelated short exercises in both trying to be funny and playing around with characters I don't often touch in longer undertakings. Glad you're enjoying them!

Book-Geek- At least he knows he'll get the whole story out of Luke. Boy, that's gotta be a brother-to-brother awkward conversation...
    I wonder just how long it would take Han to bring up the whole 'kiss on Hoth' thing... [face_thinking][face_laugh]

dm1- Anyway, nicely done, and I don't care where you put it. Han and Leia are always welcome anywhere, any time!
    [face_laugh] Well said- anyway, I figured that less than five minutes before the end of RotJ was close enough to Beyond-ness not to matter, ahaha.

pinkpearl89- So, I actually went back and watched the scene after I read this -- and I could actually see this thought process play out in Han's head
    Yay! I was actually sitting on this idea for a while because I didn't want to butcher the the visual image of that scene through trying to write it, lol- I'm glad it worked for you! :D

Now- some housekeeping- my PM list stands thus:

pinkpearl89
    Jade_eyes
    haleyskywalker2
    dm1
    SITH_MAYO
    Chilla
    Iverna
    nostalgia
    mondra

Anyone want on or off? I'm more than happy to send 'em, just let me know.

And now - #21:

#21- It’s a Trap
    “It’s a trap!”

Iella Wessiri Antilles groaned and rolled over, twisting her neck around to look at her husband’s mussed hair and sleeping face- what she could see of it in the middle of the night in a dark bedroom, anyway. His lids were fluttering, his lips slightly parted as he clearly had some sort of distressing dream.

With effort, she pulled herself up on an elbow and reached out to gently nudge his shoulder. “Wedge,” she murmured softly. He rolled onto his back but remained asleep. “Wedge!” she said more insistently.

He snapped awake. “Huh?”

“You were having a dream- a nightmare, I think. Are you alright?”

“Wha- I… yeah,” he rubbed at his eyes and blinked blearily at her. “Yeah, I don’t even… something about a big mistake I was trying to avoid… maybe…?” He half-shrugged and closed his eyes again.

She smiled. “You yelled ‘It’s a trap.’”

He cracked open a single eye and peered quizzically at her in the dark. “Really?” She nodded. “Oh. Maybe I was dreaming about Endor.” He turned onto his side and wrapped an arm around her waist. “G’night.”

The sound of his deep breathing filled her ear seconds later, and she envied his ability to fall asleep on command- something probably honed from years of being in the thick of action with the Rebellion and Rogue Squadron.

Soon enough though, she felt herself drifting off, and as she relaxed back into his warm embrace, she heard him mutter something in her ear. “Qwi…”

Outraged, she pulled away from him and half-turned. Again, he remained asleep despite the disruption, and he continued muttering. “No… no, I don’t want to talk about marriage, Qwi… it’s a trap…”

Pressing her hand to her mouth to stifle the laugh that followed, Iella’s shoulders shook nonetheless as she settled back down, her back pressed against Wedge’s chest, drawing his arm around her waist once more. “Wedge?”

“Huh?”

“I love you.”

“Oh,” he murmured happily, still half-asleep, “I love you too, ‘ella.” There was a pause during which he thought he’d fallen asleep yet again, but then he half-turned his head and murmured quietly in the direction of the open door to the nursery, “Love you three, Syal.”

His hand around her waist absently caressed the ever-growing bump. “Love you four, my little Myri.”

The baby kicked. Iella smiled- a trap, indeed.

And for whoever it was who claimed that Rogues were impossible to catch – well, CorSec always did set the best snares.
    Last edited by LexiLupin, Oct 9, 2012
  17. Briannakin Grand Moff Darth Fanfic Manager

Manager
    star 4
    Oh! Wonderful viggy! I love Wedge/Iella. They do not get enough attention!
  18. nostalgia Jedi Master

star 2
    Yet another great post that captivates the unwritten relationship for yet another underrated Star Wars couple! I'm loving it!

W/I! And if there's one line I can't enough of when it comes to Star Wars, it is definitely "It's a trap!" :D

Amazing stuff! PM list? [face_batting]
  19. Mondra Jedi Knight

star 1
    Overflowing with cuteness! There are not enough Wedge/Iella fics out there, so I'm glad I could read yours. It was short, but perfect! PM please?
  20. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 6
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Wonderful Lexi! Wonderful!

Yes, it's a trap when the person is the wrong one! LOL Oh what Mara could say if Luke "dreamed" he was saying that to Callista [face_laugh]

And Wedge is such a tease! :) :) But his I love You's were sweet!

@};-
  21. Book-Geek Jedi Master

star 3
    ROFL!!!!

That was perfect! [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

For someone who thought marriage was a trap, Wedge sure is enjoying it!
  22. Jedi_Lover Force Ghost

star 5
    I just started reading these. They are very good little stories. Very well written. I only read the first 4 so I won't make specific comments since I am so far behind. I just wanted to say good work.
  23. Iverna Force Ghost

star 3
    Aww, Wedge and Iella! Yay! I love those two. And that was such a cute moment. "It's a trap" indeed. [face_laugh] I love how you've taken that line and completely reworked the meaning. Adorable. I have a big smile on my face now!
  24. dm1 Force Ghost

star 4
    Love it, "It's a trap!" is one of the best known lines from Star Wars (that, and "I've got a bad feeling about this.")
  25. Hazel Force Ghost

star 4
    That was really great! [face_laugh]
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade